General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Discount for Police

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 01:31 AM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by tinker1
I've had buddies get busted for riding 10mph over the speed limit.. at 3am when there is no one on the road and there is no danger to anyone. I guess the cops that are working at that hour have a hard time making their quotas.
Pretty sure they were making conscious, adult decisions to disobey the speed limit sign and got caught and fined for it. Doesn't sound like a quota to me, simply an officer doing his job.

Old 04-20-2009, 11:22 AM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by stupid_rope
Pretty sure they were making conscious, adult decisions to disobey the speed limit sign and got caught and fined for it. Doesn't sound like a quota to me, simply an officer doing his job.
Exactly ... It's not like they are out to get people who are doing nothing wrong and breaking no laws.

The liberties we all take when it comes to something like speed limits has resulted in the mind set, so it seems, that it is our God given right to speed...even if it's just a little...and if an LEO actually has the audacity to take it upon himself to 'victimize' us for knowingly breaking the law ... HE's the bad guy.

Pffffttt! Give me a break. It wouldn't take much effort to rid yourselves of those pesky LEO's stopping you, charging you, costing you and wasting your time if you were to just follow the rules and slow down to the posted speed limit. It's your own dam fault if you insist on bringing negative attention to yourself..NOT the LEO's. So let's lay blame where it is due.

If you want to take your changes and get caught doing it ... For the LOVE of GOD, quit belly aching about it!

Last edited by bikergirl40; 04-20-2009 at 11:24 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:15 PM
Devil Dog
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cannot believe I sat here and read this entire thread. I have spent my entire adult life defending the rights of others. And yes, I have written my share of citations in the last 15 years. But I can tell you this: I only wrote those that really deserved it. Driving suspended, child restraints and no insurance. Oh, and of course the ones that started out by the violator saying to me "why the fu** did you stop me!" Marinepilot, I don't know if you are a Marine or not. I find it hard to believe that you are but I could be wrong. I realize it takes all kinds. I am respectful of your opinion up to the point of where you paint me with the same broad brush that you painted all my blue brothers and sisters with. That does not sit well with me. I live my life as a law enforcement officer as I did when I was a Marine. With integrity, loyalty and dedication. I demand the same from my subordinates. Anything less is unaccepatable. So, I will defend your right to say what you want. I am just disappointed in you if you are really a Marine. And I also wonder what you plan on doing for a career after the Marines. I am sad proof that we cannot be in the Marines forever. I don't suppose you plan on going into law enforcement. But if you do, you might want to change your picture on this site. There are lots of coppers on here and someone just might remember your crappy remarks about all cops. Out.

Old 04-21-2009, 12:03 AM
dogcop727
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amen devil dog

Old 04-21-2009, 03:06 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Devil Dog
I cannot believe I sat here and read this entire thread. I have spent my entire adult life defending the rights of others. And yes, I have written my share of citations in the last 15 years. But I can tell you this: I only wrote those that really deserved it. Driving suspended, child restraints and no insurance. Oh, and of course the ones that started out by the violator saying to me "why the fu** did you stop me!" Marinepilot, I don't know if you are a Marine or not. I find it hard to believe that you are but I could be wrong. I realize it takes all kinds. I am respectful of your opinion up to the point of where you paint me with the same broad brush that you painted all my blue brothers and sisters with. That does not sit well with me. I live my life as a law enforcement officer as I did when I was a Marine. With integrity, loyalty and dedication. I demand the same from my subordinates. Anything less is unaccepatable. So, I will defend your right to say what you want. I am just disappointed in you if you are really a Marine. And I also wonder what you plan on doing for a career after the Marines. I am sad proof that we cannot be in the Marines forever. I don't suppose you plan on going into law enforcement. But if you do, you might want to change your picture on this site. There are lots of coppers on here and someone just might remember your crappy remarks about all cops. Out.
Thankyou for chiming in ... You guys have to set the record straight for those who have such a strong impression of what LEO's (or any figure of authority) are all about.

Personally, I can not even fathom how anyone ... especially a MARINE can have such a hardcore attitude about anyone outside of their little world. This kind of behaviour is definately unbecoming to a Marine. My 2 cents.

Old 04-21-2009, 03:09 PM
IzZy63
Road Master

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

As a retired LEO(20yrs.of service) and a Marine (80-86),all I have to say is first impression and attitude is everything.After a while you'll get that sense to differentiate a real bad guy from your common law abiding citizen.As we all know no one is perfect and sometimes we all make mistakes.I'll leave it at that.

Old 04-21-2009, 04:24 PM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

First, I cannot believe this thread is still alive.
Second, are you really attempting to say the police in some cities and states do not have quotas? A large portion of our city budget is based on the revenue collected from traffic citations. In this type of system, the cops are revenue collectors, no ifs ands or buts. I am not saying the police find reasons to give tickets, but nevertheless, they are forced to write tickets. I also do not think a cops profession is "just a job", therefore, there is no way to say he was just doing his job. Thus your conclusions are false.

Originally Posted by stupid_rope

Last edited by tlb; 04-21-2009 at 07:26 PM.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:33 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by redsheriff
Are there any dealers out there that give a msrp discount for police or firefighter?
YES, depending upon what you buy. For example, I can buy a new Ultra for MSRP.....If I buy a Police Office Special Edition Ultra, they knock off 10% of the sticker price.

Old 04-21-2009, 06:06 PM
Stone1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Back to the original question. I looked into a new Ultra this spring and have checked three dealers in WI. One dealer offered $1500. off MSRP for LEO's, Firefighters and Military, another offered 12% off to LEO's (I did not ask about Firefighter, Shrine or Military editions), the third dealer would not discount. The discounts only applied for the special edition models. These were dealer discounts not a discount from HD.

The dealer that offered the 12% off simply said take the msrp, add $850 freight & setup then take the 12% off that price.

Old 04-21-2009, 07:00 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 709 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by tlb
...are you really attempting to say the police in some cities and states do not have quotas? A large portion of our city budget is based on the revenue collected from traffic citations. In this type of system, the cops are revenue collectors, no ifs ands or buts. I am not saying the police find reasons to give tickets, but nevertheless, they are forced to write tickets. I also do not think a cops profession is "just a job", therefore, there is no way to say he just doing his job. Thus your conclusions are false.
I am unaware of any police department that still has "quotas". Please share your knowledge...who's still doing it?

Not sure what to think of this: "I also do not think a cops profession is "just a job", therefore, there is no way to say he just doing his job." I've read it 3 times and I still don't understand what you meant. Thus...it must be false.

Quick Reply: Discount for Police