General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Discount for Police

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 06:53 AM
Samber79
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by marinepilot81
Unless I have my facts wrong, it's the Cops who:
1. write speeding tickets
2. tell me I can't pass on the median or split traffic
3. hassle me about my loud pipes
4. enforce helmet laws
5. speed and run lights "in the line of duty"

Oh! They also enforce the laws that stop me from carrying. Nothing worse than a hypocrite who carries a gun for protection and then tells me I can't do the same.

Nah, they don't deserve a discount.
Last time I checked it's your legislature that drafts and passes those laws, not the police. The police just get the always criticized role of enforcement. Discount talk aside, your disgruntled attitude is misdirected.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:00 AM
kyroger
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are also the one's your wife, daughter, or mother can call, when you are not available, if they hear a noise in the basement in the middle of the night.
I could go on, but, nuff said.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:24 AM
shimmon
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by samber79
last time i checked it's your legislature that drafts and passes those laws, not the police. The police just get the always criticized role of enforcement. Discount talk aside, your disgruntled attitude is misdirected.

nicely put... They are also the ones kicking in doors of that dude molesting a 6 year old little girl...

Also dont know about discounts on motorcycles for pd or fd... But you can get parts at discount thru chicago hd and other various dealers

Old 04-15-2009, 07:34 AM
WADELL
Cruiser

Originally Posted by marinepilot81
Unless I have my facts wrong, it's the Cops who:
1. write speeding tickets
2. tell me I can't pass on the median or split traffic
3. hassle me about my loud pipes
4. enforce helmet laws
5. speed and run lights "in the line of duty"

Oh! They also enforce the laws that stop me from carrying. Nothing worse than a hypocrite who carries a gun for protection and then tells me I can't do the same.

Nah, they don't deserve a discount.
Sounds like to me you got your hand spanked for doing one of the above. The LEO carries out the laws that the gov't or state puts into law.
Maybe you need to call them and complain. My betterhalf has been a LEO for 12 yrs. and I know how bad it gets for them. Just remember the next time you or one of your family members call 911 for help, guess who will show up?

Old 04-15-2009, 07:36 AM
hoglaw
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dealers like to sell the Police Officer Special Edition bikes. They are discounted by the factory and don't count against a dealer's annual allocation of new bikes. They will need to submit a copy of your I.D. along with your order. You are limited in the color options available. Check with your local dealer.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:45 AM
bksmoky
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I made my deal the same as everyone else. The LEO discount ended a long time ago.
My 09 Ultra payments come out of my retirement.

After 30 years in law enforcement (now retired). I did write tickets as stated above. My list is a bit different though.

1. Pulled injured or dead bodies from vehicles.
2. Helped dress wounds with exposure to myself from blood and other hazards.
3. Been hit,spit,puked on and shot at.
4. Told family members a loved one died.
5. Assisted motorist that were broke down including motorcycles.
6. Investigated serious and fatal motorcycle accidents. (Most due to operator error)
7. Went home to my family at the end of my shift the same as everyone else.

That is just my short list!

See you down the road!

Old 04-15-2009, 08:02 AM
Deepsouth251
Road Master

Originally Posted by bksmoky
I made my deal the same as everyone else. The LEO discount ended a long time ago.
My 09 Ultra payments come out of my retirement.

After 30 years in law enforcement (now retired). I did write tickets as stated above. My list is a bit different though.

1. Pulled injured or dead bodies from vehicles.
2. Helped dress wounds with exposure to myself from blood and other hazards.
3. Been hit,spit,puked on and shot at.
4. Told family members a loved one died.
5. Assisted motorist that were broke down including motorcycles.
6. Investigated serious and fatal motorcycle accidents. (Most due to operator error)
7. Went home to my family at the end of my shift the same as everyone else.

That is just my short list!

See you down the road!
WRONG! I got the $2,000 discount on my 09 Ultra. This is a factory discount but not all dealers choose to participate. These dealers will order you the bike but will keep the discount for themselves. If the dealer won't order it for you, its just because he doesn't want to be bothered with it. If the dealer you have been talking to will not, there are plenty who will. These bikes sold new by the dealer can only be sold to post certified police officers or firefighters, so sometimes you can find one at a dealership that was ordered for someone and then for one reason or the other the person who ordered did not take delivery. You can find these bikes in cycle trader. It cuts out the wait time if you are willing to travel to pick it up. The program is still operating the same as it always has.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:05 AM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 710 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by Deepsouth251
WRONG! ....The program is still operating the same as it always has.

I agree, I got the POSE discount deal in '05 and again in '07. Still going strong as far as I know.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:06 AM
bksmoky
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Wrong!

My sister inlaw works for Harley Davidson in the admin office. She verified it was discontinued by Harley.

If you got a good deal from the dealer---you're lucky!

Congrats!

Originally Posted by Deepsouth251
WRONG! I got the $2,000 discount on my 09 Ultra. This is a factory discount but not all dealers choose to participate. These dealers will order you the bike but will keep the discount for themselves. If the dealer won't order it for you, its just because he doesn't want to be bothered with it. If the dealer you have been talking to will not, there are plenty who will. These bikes sold new by the dealer can only be sold to post certified police officers or firefighters, so sometimes you can find one at a dealership that was ordered for someone and then for one reason or the other the person who ordered did not take delivery. You can find these bikes in cycle trader. It cuts out the wait time if you are willing to travel to pick it up. The program is still operating the same as it always has.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:13 AM
Maxcustody
Elite HDF Member

I would call the dealer, I know when my buddy bought his 08, he got the discount. But they may have discontinued it. Just give a couple of dealers a call. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Discount for Police