Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Discount for Police

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 08:12 AM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 709 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by TattoodCaptain
A few cops on here actually sounded human. To the LEO & non-LEO that think they deserve a "discount" over us mere civilians, thumbs down and middle finger up.
It's a program offered by HD. Period. Are we supposed to demand that we pay more money? It's not like we go in asking for a "discount". It's a sales/promotion program offered not only to LEO's, but Firefighters and Shriners. I don't know why they do it, certainly no one held a gun to their head. I really doubt they do it so LEO's will hang out at the dealerships providing free "security".

As for some of the other anti-police posters... I am very proud of my prior military service and of my continuing police service. I do it because I want to do it. I do it knowing that some folks will dislike me "just because", without ever taking the time to know me. Some may even want to hurt me because of the badge I wear. I do it to provide food, shelter and stability for my family. If folks like you don't want to get to know me, or choose to look down on me, that is your problem, not mine.

FWIW, I tend to hang out with my non-police friends more than my co-workers, maybe because it's helps keep me "grounded". I'm glad THEY gave me a chance.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:53 AM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by marinepilot81
Um..."I wonder what freedom feels like?"

Easy...Constitution, family, friends, fellow Marines.
I'm sorry you feel that way, and I should have known ... the people who your world encapsulates. You missed pointing out the rest of us peons of the general population.

As a human being, not to mention a Marine, I hope you broaden your scope, someday. I fear, you're really missing out on a lot by reinforcing the wall of bad attitude you have built around yourself as a defense mechanism.

You sound like you have got some very serious control issues. ... which scares the crap out of the rest of us knowing your inherant need to carry a gun in order to feel "free".

This thread has gone wayyy off track ... so I see. My appologies to our original poster. I'm done here.

Last edited by bikergirl40; 04-16-2009 at 01:41 PM.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:20 AM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

"NOT sure how this got HERE???" Bwahaha
We can put ANYTHING in the ditch, here at HDF.

Rather than LEOs, Farfyterz, "Shinerz", Ol' Gize with 1 nut, Illegitimate Children of ?able Ancestry, etc, getting a 'discount', WTH happened to giving REAL bikers discounts??
HAs
Outlaws
SOS

PS !!! Never mind, MY BAD !!!!
I firgot, THEY jus' steal, theirs.

As ALWAYS, this BIKER vs LEO stuff, has GONE TOO FAR:

Last edited by Da Gumpmeister; 04-16-2009 at 11:14 AM.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:52 AM
10ring
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Da Gumpmeister

"NOT sure how this got HERE???" Bwahaha
We can put ANYTHING in the ditch, here at HDF.

Rather than LEOs, Farfyterz, "Shinerz", Ol' Gize with 1 nut, Illegitimate Children of ?able Ancestry, etc, getting a 'discount', WTH happened to giving REAL bikers discounts??
HAs
Outlaws
SOS

PS !!! Never mind, MY BAD !!!!
I firgot, THEY jus' steal, theirs.

As ALWAYS, this has GONE TOO FAR:

I wondered if you would weigh-in on this thread. I enjoy your posts.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:19 PM
Araba Shriner
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Deepsouth251
This is not so in ref to Ocala being the only dealer in Fl to give the discount. I bought a fire firefighter Ultra at Gator Harley Davidson in Leesburg a couple of years ago new with a $2,000 discount. When I picked it up they had at least 10 new firefighter roadkings in the warehouse ready to be picked up.
Very Kewl - Did not know that - Thanks for the headsup

Old 04-16-2009, 08:55 PM
bsea
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tlb
Actually we are a democratic republic, but thank you for trying. Just to let anyone know I have not bashed cops yet. I merely pointed out how they are the cause of their own problem. They are the ones who got upset.
100% wrong. And the comments about cops stopping freedom are also off base. Without laws and the enforcement thereof, there could be no freedom. Period. Take a look at this and get an education: http://www.wimp.com/thegovernment/

And concerning the OP, he didn't state that he deserved a discount, he asked if anyone was giving one. Big difference. If the owner of a particular establishment offers a discount to him, he would be an idiot and, quite possibly, insulting to turn it down if his department allows it. Mine does not, so there it takes the guess work out of it and gives us an out for when folks offer.

Bill

Old 04-16-2009, 09:17 PM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Man at least try to find a scholarly source before you chime in. I do not think wimp qualifies. I also said law enforcement is needed to have liberties. The problem is when laws start to restrict liberty. On a side note I think I have enough education, but that is a different conversation. we can compare if you wish. Please read all of the posts before you start typing. I never commented if he deserved or did not deserve a discount. What I did say, he could find a discount from someone who wished to support the police with discounts, in a sarcastic way. I am really done with this debate so I will not respond to you anymore.

Originally Posted by bsea
100% wrong. And the comments about cops stopping freedom are also off base. Without laws and the enforcement thereof, there could be no freedom. Period. Take a look at this and get an education: http://www.wimp.com/thegovernment/

And concerning the OP, he didn't state that he deserved a discount, he asked if anyone was giving one. Big difference. If the owner of a particular establishment offers a discount to him, he would be an idiot and, quite possibly, insulting to turn it down if his department allows it. Mine does not, so there it takes the guess work out of it and gives us an out for when folks offer.

Bill

Old 04-16-2009, 11:10 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Funny how some look at the name, marinepilot81, and only pay attention to part of it. Ya think maybe there is more to him, or her, then being a Marine pilot?

I think I need a donut.

Semper Fi.

Old 04-17-2009, 12:36 AM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by marinepilot81
Unless I have my facts wrong, it's the Cops who:
1. write speeding tickets
2. tell me I can't pass on the median or split traffic
3. hassle me about my loud pipes
4. enforce helmet laws
5. speed and run lights "in the line of duty"

Oh! They also enforce the laws that stop me from carrying. Nothing worse than a hypocrite who carries a gun for protection and then tells me I can't do the same.

Nah, they don't deserve a discount.
Yeah you're right I love getting screamed at by motorists who made an adult decision to break the law in the first place, spit, pissed, puked, and bled on, trying to help my community by protecting them but yet only being remembered for writing tickets or "being the man." Yup, we make tons of money off of each ticket we write so the more, the better. Nevermind the person was doing 40 in a school zone...nah he or she was just late for work. I love drawing my asp/taser/oc/weapon because the ******* I'm trying to arrest/detain decides to get violent and at that very moment its either me going home to my wife and my bike or having a flag on my casket. The weapon that us 'hypocrites' carry is a lifeline. By the way, I've never told anyone they can't carry a weapon. I'm not a politician and I dont make the laws. If you've got a problem with your state's legislature then I urge you to bring it up with your representative.

So I would like to say thank you to jerkoffs like you who completely disregard the good that LEOs do on a daily basis and spew garbage out of your mouth like you know something. Because we're the ones who make you speed, steal, etc etc. More importantly I dont come to your job and talk **** to my buddies about how much you suck. So, while you're running your mouth with little to no responsibility, we're still out here, rain/snow/sleet/sun/heat/cold protecting people like you. So STFU and let me do my job so I can put food on the table and parts on the bike.

Old 04-17-2009, 04:00 AM
7/11 The Crapshooter
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stro1965
As for some of the other anti-police posters... I am very proud of my prior military service and of my continuing police service. I do it because I want to do it. I do it knowing that some folks will dislike me "just because", without ever taking the time to know me. Some may even want to hurt me because of the badge I wear. I do it to provide food, shelter and stability for my family. If folks like you don't want to get to know me, or choose to look down on me, that is your problem, not mine.
You think LEO's have it bad, try telling folks you work for the IRS and love attaching liens to their property and levies to their wages or bank accounts. This will get you all kinds of friends.

Quick Reply: Discount for Police