Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Discount for Police

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 10:04 PM
Red9
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tlb
I do not care what you have to say, I absolutely care what I have to say.
just an observation but if you don't care what he has to say, why do you read his posts and then respond?

Just saying...

Old 04-15-2009, 10:18 PM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

It is satire, I do care what he has to say, and I really do not care about my opinion.
Originally Posted by Red9
just an observation but if you don't care what he has to say, why do you read his posts and then respond?

Just saying...

Old 04-15-2009, 10:30 PM
E.Richardson
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LEO's and Firemen deserve our respect even though most of you don't think they do. Sorry and maybe I am speaking in place of my friends that I ride with that are all LEO's but I get to hear these stories first hand and doing ride along's with them, I get to see the dregs of society that they deal with that would shock John or Jane Q Public. I think they deserve any break they get.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:34 PM
Duecesx2
Cruiser

Originally Posted by marinepilot81
Unless I have my facts wrong, it's the Cops who:
1. write speeding tickets
2. tell me I can't pass on the median or split traffic
3. hassle me about my loud pipes
4. enforce helmet laws
5. speed and run lights "in the line of duty"

Oh! They also enforce the laws that stop me from carrying. Nothing worse than a hypocrite who carries a gun for protection and then tells me I can't do the same.

Nah, they don't deserve a discount.
There are two types of people in the world. Wolves and sheeps. You my friend are a sheep and will need help some day from a wolf. Hope you last.

Last edited by Duecesx2; 04-15-2009 at 10:49 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:48 PM
Duecesx2
Cruiser
Thumbs down

[QUOTE=marinepilot81;4868877]Ok, let's play fair here; my issue is not with pulling over when they've got the siren/lights going. My issue is when they pass me on the interstate or do the quick flash of the lights so they don't have to wait at a light.

All departments have policies about when you use lights and sirens. Every officer I know including myself stretch these rules to get a little quicker to calls for help. We have been there and we know what can happen if our response is slow. Other times when we actually use our lights and siren we have fools (might be you) who stop in the fast lane or just keep driving thinking we will pass them. It sometimes actually slows us down. Living next to a military base I have alot of respect for our troops. You being a Marine and acting like this is insane. I would love a chat with your commanding officer.

Last edited by Duecesx2; 04-15-2009 at 10:50 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:03 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by E.Richardson
LEO's and Firemen deserve our respect even though most of you don't think they do. Sorry and maybe I am speaking in place of my friends that I ride with that are all LEO's but I get to hear these stories first hand and doing ride along's with them, I get to see the dregs of society that they deal with that would shock John or Jane Q Public. I think they deserve any break they get.
They get a break, they get paid for doing what they chose. And that is what they deserve nothing more nothing less. What would be the justification or logic. No body is asking them to choose this career path. The argument that "what until you need them and so on". Please that is their job and again the job they chose. And if they want more join the brownies.

Relative to the dregs WTF again they put themselve's in a total different cast. There should be not a difference. And by the way all of society has to deal with these people and thier family. This is the exact point them leo's and us the public. They like their own cast.

Now what is really funny, Where is the LEO that started this whole storm? He is no where to be found. evidently hiding behind his badge and I hope in shame based on the comments of his fellow LEO.

Old 04-16-2009, 06:11 AM
marinepilot81
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?
Um..."I wonder what freedom feels like?"
are you STILL a marine? If so, in your mind .... just who do you defend?
Easy...Constitution, family, friends, fellow Marines.
You my friend are a sheep and will need help some day from a wolf.
Well at least I'm a fantastically armed sheep...when the Cops let me carry, of course.
I would love a chat with your commanding officer.
Reason #137 why the military sucks. "I'll tell teacher on you!"

Old 04-16-2009, 07:03 AM
TattoodCaptain
Road Warrior
Received 951 Likes on 399 Posts

A few cops on here actually sounded human. To the LEO & non-LEO that think they deserve a "discount" over us mere civilians, thumbs down and middle finger up.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:49 AM
rdam
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by marinepilot81
Exactly why I hate Cops.
1. Murder is wrong and I'm sorry about those men's lives.
2. Cops SHOULD fear the people, not the other way around.
3. Carrying, showing, displaying a firearm does not make you a criminal. Using it to assist in criminal activity does.
4. Carrying a pistol makes you a free man living under the US Constitution and protecting yourself/family/others. Trying to take that away from me = fascism.

Man, I hate Cops.
Sorry whatever agency you applied for turned you down. Don't be discouraged. Law Enforcement agencies love to hire ex-military due to their professionalism, dedication to duty, and discipline.

Keep applying. I'm sure there's an agency out there that would love to have you

Old 04-16-2009, 08:04 AM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by E.Richardson
Not a matter of whether they deserve one or not. Fact is that certain companies offer them to cops just as they do to other groups in society. Nothing wrong with asking if a particular company offers one or not. If I can get a discount for being a senior citizen I'm going to accept it. In fact I just got one on a Cruise next year.

Unfortunately some can see past that ticket they got 20 years ago or the bad cop they know about. Just plain ignorance imo.

Quick Reply: Discount for Police