Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Discount for Police

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 07:06 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 709 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by Sec Super Glide
I can only repeat what was told to by a Florida police chief!. The county leases all there police bikes for one dollar a year they keep the bikes for three years and turn them back in. One point he made very clear he did not like Harleys they would over heat and only run on one cylinder .

My department used to get the $1.00 lease deal too. That changed for us this year to, I think, $1,500.00 per bike.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:13 PM
vtnightster
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shimmon
i like this guy already!

citizens of this and every country are like children. they need structure and rules or they will not survive 1 year. if you were allowed to do as you please all the time, you bet your **** you'd be stepping on someone toes. somone has to guide humanity in the right direction or crime would run rampent...
do you include yourself as being a child that needs to be guided?

Old 04-15-2009, 07:15 PM
vtnightster
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow, 12 pages.
i better get reading

Old 04-15-2009, 07:33 PM
10ring
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tlb
I was just wondering how we transitioned to the USSR and the US, from where can I get a discount as a LEO, which I really do know. However, I assume the same place you get free coffee and doughnuts.
Check your own posts, since you are wondering....

doughnuts...hyuck,hyuck..what a zinger....has absolutly nothing to do with anything pertaining to the posts, but when one has nothing of substance to add......

This is like trying to discuss something with a magic eight ball. It just can't be done.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:45 PM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Man, you know, I was attempting to be polite and end the debate. I am glad you are being consistent in your ability to read. You have no Idea what anything says without someone drawing you a picture. As far as being polite to you is pointless. You are a moron who cannot stay on target and reads on an 8th grade level. You were easy to bait into discussing republic, as well as, a bit of philosophy. I am glad you comments are based on the information you could find on Wikipedia. I am now bored with you because you have nothing to contribute to an intelligent debate. Feel free to make as many posts past this point as you wish. I will not respond to them anymore than I would a two year old stomping his feet.
Good night,
Travis

Originally Posted by 10ring
Check your own posts, since you are wondering....

doughnuts...hyuck,hyuck..what a zinger....has absolutly nothing to do with anything pertaining to the posts, but when one has nothing of substance to add......

This is like trying to discuss something with a magic eight ball. It just can't be done.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:58 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Well, I'm dam glad thats all over with!

Old 04-15-2009, 08:04 PM
10ring
Road Captain

Originally Posted by marinepilot81
Ok, let's play fair here; my issue is not with pulling over when they've got the siren/lights going. My issue is when they pass me on the interstate or do the quick flash of the lights so they don't have to wait at a light.

Bottom line - and what answers the original post - Cops enforce the policies that make men slaves. No discount...unless it's for "one free slap across the face" for shame.

*disclaimer - if you're a cop, and you've never been a gun-grabbing, freedom-hating hypocrite, I apologize. I'd love to meet one...
I am one such individual, but I don't think I care to meet you. By the way, playing by your proposed rules, since I pay more taxes than you, I should get to tell you how to fly whatever aircraft you pilot. And slow down on that road that my larger amount of taxes paid for. Just saying that you will accept what comes from your behavior when you choose "no limit" riding will be small comfort to the family of someone that your reckless disregard caused to die.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:09 PM
10ring
Road Captain

Originally Posted by JW1200
My sister owns a store and she gives LEO's a 10% discount. So...It should be up to the person giving the discount as to who gets it.
Quite so.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:22 PM
10ring
Road Captain

Originally Posted by tlb
Man, you know, I was attempting to be polite and end the debate. I am glad you are being consistent in your ability to read. You have no Idea what anything says without someone drawing you a picture. As far as being polite to you is pointless. You are a moron who cannot stay on target and reads on an 8th grade level. You were easy to bait into discussing republic, as well as, a bit of philosophy. I am glad you comments are based on the information you could find on Wikipedia. I am now bored with you because you have nothing to contribute to an intelligent debate. Feel free to make as many posts past this point as you wish. I will not respond to them anymore than I would a two year old stomping his feet.
Good night,
Travis
I see you still can't make an argument, only schoolyard insults. I trust the membership can tell the difference. Night trav...

Old 04-15-2009, 09:13 PM
bksmoky
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

What goes around comes around I always say. For some it just takes awhile longer!

I paid a fair price for my bike the same as everyone else.

Ride safe everyone!

Quick Reply: Discount for Police