General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Discount for Police

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 06:28 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 710 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by marinepilot81
I swim towards freedom...whichever way the current flows.

No helmet = freedom
Loud pipes = freedom
Carrying a firearm for personal protection = freedom

Speed limits - Now if I pay for the roads through excise taxes I should be allowed to have part "ownership" of the road. Since I dont, and I'm not allowed to vote on the speed limit, I declare the speed limits imposed by government void.

Now, if the government wants to stop taxing me and I then operate on THEIR roads, I will happily argue for THEIR rules.

Going fast = freedom (as long as I'm willing to be responsible for its implications).
Wow! You are really a piece of work! You "declare the speed limits imposed by government void"??? There is a tiny little log cabin somewhere in the mountains of Idaho with your name on it. Go there quickly before the men with badges show up for your guns. Paranoid much?

Old 04-15-2009, 06:29 PM
slider1612
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fair enough,

Just for the record, I was at New England Aquarium today when the wife of Soldier was asking if there was a discount, and there was for Active Duty with a military ID. When he produce it the discount was given. At this point I thanked him and picked up the rest of the tab.

I agree with you LEOs do not deserve a discount and shouldn't take one when offered. But I don't beleive the same can be said to those who protect our freedom.

Last edited by slider1612; 04-15-2009 at 06:35 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:32 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member

*disclaimer - if you're a cop, and you've never been a gun-grabbing, freedom-hating hypocrite, I apologize. I'd love to meet one...
I don't really think I'd like to meet you. I'm not a gun-grabber (staunch supporter of the 2nd Amendment), I'm not a freedom-hating hypocrite (I served my country too, U.S. Army). Apology not accepted.

Old 04-15-2009, 06:35 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member

Now hear this: Cops are no longer allowed to take part in the HD POSE program. So say the vocal minority of HDF membership.

Last edited by stro1965; 04-15-2009 at 06:45 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:45 PM
10ring
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tlb
Thanks for repeating what I just said.
Once again, you delude yourself. How sad.

Old 04-15-2009, 06:46 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ok, let's play fair here; my issue is not with pulling over when they've got the siren/lights going. My issue is when they pass me on the interstate or do the quick flash of the lights so they don't have to wait at a light.

Bottom line - and what answers the original post - Cops enforce the policies that make men slaves. No discount...unless it's for "one free slap across the face" for shame.

*disclaimer - if you're a cop, and you've never been a gun-grabbing, freedom-hating hypocrite, I apologize. I'd love to meet one...
I hope you never get the opportunty to share your thoughts to the poor smoe stuck under his burning car after a multiple car pile up on the highway, or the elderly lady who is hiding inside her bedroom closet clinging to the cordless phone or to the hoodlums on a rampage in her living room destroying her most cherished possessions moments before they discover her cowering in hiding .... Those cops, while on route to some dasterdly event ... Having to wait for lights and all ... Now there's a novel idea.

WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?

Do you really think all that is created in this world is created for YOU and YOU alone?

Give me a freek'n break.

I have to hand it to you, you have got kahoonas ... Too bad you didn't have any common sense or empathy for those you 'share' the world with.

Granted, some of us just don't play well with others, but, I have to wonder ... are you STILL a marine? If so, in your mind .... just who do you defend? Just curious. I am beginning to get a very disturbing image of what you are all about.

Last edited by bikergirl40; 04-15-2009 at 06:50 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:46 PM
10ring
Road Captain

Originally Posted by tlb
I do not care what you have to say, I absolutely care what I have to say.
So does a two year old.

Old 04-15-2009, 06:49 PM
Deepsouth251
Road Master

Originally Posted by Araba Shriner
This isnt exactly true... Leo, Firefighter and Shriners all get the same discount, but, it is totally dependant on the local dealer. Here in Fla the only dealer who has given a break to this is in Ocala. This special deal is available to only those mentioned above, and to get the deal, all ya gotta do it show your ID card to qualify.

This topic has gotten way off target, and has gotten lost in the fact of who deserves it and who doesnt. Harley decided long ago who would benifit from the deal and nothing has changed in many years. Typically our unit buys in Detroit at Cement City because they want to deal. Local guys here snub the opportunity. IMHO..
This is not so in ref to Ocala being the only dealer in Fl to give the discount. I bought a fire firefighter Ultra at Gator Harley Davidson in Leesburg a couple of years ago new with a $2,000 discount. When I picked it up they had at least 10 new firefighter roadkings in the warehouse ready to be picked up.

Old 04-15-2009, 06:58 PM
JW1200
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 21,526 Likes on 8,459 Posts

My sister owns a store and she gives LEO's a 10% discount. So...It should be up to the person giving the discount as to who gets it.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:04 PM
Sec Super Glide
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can only repeat what was told to by a Florida police chief!. The county leases all there police bikes for one dollar a year they keep the bikes for three years and turn them back in. One point he made very clear he did not like Harleys they would over heat and only run on one cylinder .

Quick Reply: Discount for Police