General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Discount for Police

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 05:57 PM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I was just wondering how we transitioned to the USSR and the US, from where can I get a discount as a LEO, which I really do know. However, I assume the same place you get free coffee and doughnuts.
Originally Posted by 10ring
Ummm, I forgot what the original topic of this thread was.....

Old 04-15-2009, 05:58 PM
marinepilot81
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Your attitude and inate desire to swim against the current no matter what = the enemy
I swim towards freedom...whichever way the current flows.

No helmet = freedom
Loud pipes = freedom
Carrying a firearm for personal protection = freedom

Speed limits - Now if I pay for the roads through excise taxes I should be allowed to have part "ownership" of the road. Since I dont, and I'm not allowed to vote on the speed limit, I declare the speed limits imposed by government void.

Now, if the government wants to stop taxing me and I then operate on THEIR roads, I will happily argue for THEIR rules.

Going fast = freedom (as long as I'm willing to be responsible for its implications).

Last edited by marinepilot81; 04-15-2009 at 06:02 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:02 PM
Araba Shriner
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by firefighter3666
They all do if you purchase one of the Firefighter or LEO bikes.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/C...p?locale=en_US
This isnt exactly true... Leo, Firefighter and Shriners all get the same discount, but, it is totally dependant on the local dealer. Here in Fla the only dealer who has given a break to this is in Ocala. This special deal is available to only those mentioned above, and to get the deal, all ya gotta do it show your ID card to qualify.

This topic has gotten way off target, and has gotten lost in the fact of who deserves it and who doesnt. Harley decided long ago who would benifit from the deal and nothing has changed in many years. Typically our unit buys in Detroit at Cement City because they want to deal. Local guys here snub the opportunity. IMHO..

Last edited by Araba Shriner; 04-15-2009 at 06:15 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:04 PM
slider1612
Novice

Originally Posted by marinepilot81
Nope. Cops enforce these laws and that's just as bad as legislating them.

Just because you don't agree with something it doesn't give you the right to ignore it if its your job to enforce it.

My family calls on John Moses Browning. The Cops are too far away.

When a Cop stops me and says "Hey man, love the pipes!" or "That's a fine looking pistol!"....then I'll say they deserve a discount.
I have said many times "Hey man. love the pipes!" as far as the pistol I prefer to shout "SHOW ME YOUR HANDS!!"

This sort of has something to do with people believing it is my job to make their lives miserable and taking their liberties away.

I have no problem with John Moses Browning protecting your house. But understand this, next time you pick up a newspaper or watch the evening news and see a murder as a result of a shooting rest assured that that gun was probably bought with the same intentions as your Browning, and that somewhere along the way it fell into the wrong hands.

Four cops shot and killed in Oakland a couple weeks ago, two of them, MOTORCYCLE OFFICERS, were shot and killed in cold blood after stopping a vehicle for a traffic violation. Two more in an attempt to apprehend the serial rapist who was out on parole.

Three cops shot and killed in Pennsylvania a couple days later responding to a domestic call for help from a wife. Two of these cops were shot by the suspect who was laying in wait with an AK-47. The third was shot IN THE BACK attempting to save one if the first officers down.

My point is this many officers around the country will probably comment on your bike, especially if they ride, If you expect anyone in Law Enforcement to comment on your pistol in you waist band, you are probably in for a rude awakening.

Old 04-15-2009, 06:06 PM
BadMoJoe
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Judging by your name, you of all people should not have said that. Its kinda like people spitting on the soldiers because they didn't like the governments policy in Vietnam. Get your head straight Marine!
Unless I have my facts wrong, it's the Cops who:
1. write speeding tickets
2. tell me I can't pass on the median or split traffic
3. hassle me about my loud pipes
4. enforce helmet laws
5. speed and run lights "in the line of duty"

Oh! They also enforce the laws that stop me from carrying. Nothing worse than a hypocrite who carries a gun for protection and then tells me I can't do the same.

Nah, they don't deserve a discount.

Old 04-15-2009, 06:07 PM
BadMoJoe
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Unless I have my facts wrong, it's the Cops who:
1. write speeding tickets
2. tell me I can't pass on the median or split traffic
3. hassle me about my loud pipes
4. enforce helmet laws
5. speed and run lights "in the line of duty"

Oh! They also enforce the laws that stop me from carrying. Nothing worse than a hypocrite who carries a gun for protection and then tells me I can't do the same.

Nah, they don't deserve a discount.
Judging by your name, you of all people should not have said that. Its kinda like people spitting on the soldiers because they didn't like the governments policy in Vietnam. Get your head straight Marine!

Old 04-15-2009, 06:11 PM
marinepilot81
Tourer

My point is this many officers around the country will probably comment on your bike, especially if they ride, If you expect anyone in Law Enforcement to comment on your pistol in you waist band, you are probably in for a rude awakening.
Exactly why I hate Cops.
1. Murder is wrong and I'm sorry about those men's lives.
2. Cops SHOULD fear the people, not the other way around.
3. Carrying, showing, displaying a firearm does not make you a criminal. Using it to assist in criminal activity does.
4. Carrying a pistol makes you a free man living under the US Constitution and protecting yourself/family/others. Trying to take that away from me = fascism.

Man, I hate Cops.

Old 04-15-2009, 06:14 PM
marinepilot81
Tourer

EXACTLY why we need to eliminate this "following orders and enforcing policy" mindset. Those soldiers were/are good men and fought in accordance with the highest military standards.

Where they went wrong was saying "I don't know what this is all about so I'm just going to follow orders." I'm guilty of that too, though. The hypocrite that I am will be deploying to Afghanistan...following orders.

Old 04-15-2009, 06:17 PM
slider1612
Novice

Exactly why I hate Cops.
1. Murder is wrong and I'm sorry about those men's lives.
2. Cops SHOULD fear the people, not the other way around.
3. Carrying, showing, displaying a firearm does not make you a criminal. Using it to assist in criminal activity does.
4. Carrying a pistol makes you a free man living under the US Constitution and protecting yourself/family/others. Trying to take that away from me = fascism.

Man, I hate Cops.
I really cant believe you have an issue with cops.

I'll tell you what I hope the next time you are speeding, splitting lanes, and find your self under the tire of a car, I hope the local LEO takes his time obeying all the traffic laws in your community you know speed limits, traffic lights and the such.....

Old 04-15-2009, 06:23 PM
marinepilot81
Tourer

I'll tell you what I hope the next time you are speeding, splitting lanes, and find your self under the tire of a car, I hope the local LEO takes his time obeying all the traffic laws in your community you know speed limits, traffic lights and the such.....
Ok, let's play fair here; my issue is not with pulling over when they've got the siren/lights going. My issue is when they pass me on the interstate or do the quick flash of the lights so they don't have to wait at a light.

Bottom line - and what answers the original post - Cops enforce the policies that make men slaves. No discount...unless it's for "one free slap across the face" for shame.

*disclaimer - if you're a cop, and you've never been a gun-grabbing, freedom-hating hypocrite, I apologize. I'd love to meet one...

Quick Reply: Discount for Police