General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why do you ride with the people you ride with?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 09:18 PM
redling36
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Why do you ride with the people you ride with?

I keep asking myself the question. What I seem to find bothering me is that the people I ride with just want to drink, drink, drink. A ride to them is to the nearest bar, the net nearest bar, etc., never really venturing too far from home. I like to drink at times, but every single time a bike fires up is getting old. So am just wondering, what keeps you riding with the people you ride with? How did you find the people you ride with?

Old 04-12-2009, 09:29 PM
Uncle Peepers
Road Warrior
Received 915 Likes on 430 Posts

Riding with other people isn't really that easy; it can be hard to find styles that match. My wife and I rode to Myrtle Beach once with a friend and his girlfriend who just wanted to drink. Every time their blood/alcohol level approached zero, they had to find a bar. They also weren't much good in the morning.
I've also ridden with a few guys who just wanted to eat. Every ride was just a prelude to a feast. Better than the drunks, but still not my style.
Currently we're not riding with anyone, and that's fine. Finding a match with riding styles, likes and dislikes can be difficult.

Old 04-12-2009, 09:31 PM
wildman67
Extreme HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

because we been freinds for 20 plus years and been riding together a long time!

Old 04-12-2009, 09:40 PM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Me, myself and I ride together a lot!!! Hehe!! My son and I ride together but there are few people I ride will ride with for any distance. Quit drinkin last October so bars aren't important stops for me but food is a good reason to stop and some of them happen to be bars! Some of the people I ride with do like to jump on the interstate and ride all day... not for me!!! I try not to ride interstate unless its point (A) to point (B) because of time constraints! Like ridin the back roads and like ridin for a hundred miles or more before stopping.

Old 04-12-2009, 09:48 PM
MuddBugg
Cruiser

dont ride with anyone myself.... never felt the need to, tho i can see how it MIGHT be fun... drinkin and drivin dont mix, specially on a bike... if i want to ride, i dont drink... if i want to drink, i dont ride.... may sound boring but damned if im gonna wreck my bike cause im drunk!!!...

Old 04-12-2009, 10:00 PM
Zacharia_11
Road Master

I ride with my wife, before the bikes we would take road trips all over the place. Drive 5 hours just for lunch. We like to get out and see new places. Now we both have bikes and get out even more than before.

Old 04-12-2009, 10:10 PM
tima
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got two good buds I ride with. No drinking,....pretty stupid on a bike, any vehicle. Dumb ****'s........

Old 04-12-2009, 10:16 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

It's good to have a mix of people to ride with. To each their own. Some people wanna drink, some wanna eat, some wanna ride, some wanna do all three, you get the idea. I enjoy having a host of friends. The other reason is that I trust their reasoning and judgment and enjoy their company regardless of their BAL. We always have a good time...

Old 04-12-2009, 10:28 PM
Juno
Banned

It's life.

Old 04-12-2009, 10:28 PM
jandlcars
Extreme HDF Member

just ride with 3 Me Myself & I Except when wife is with me
in my pic's that is the only group ride in 20 years Church Family i am the fat one in front the Paster next to me his first HD ride
i am clean now and sober
most i know outside drink

Last edited by jandlcars; 04-13-2009 at 08:52 PM.

Quick Reply: Why do you ride with the people you ride with?