General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why do you ride with the people you ride with?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 01:46 PM
RexBuck
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I prefer riding by myself but will ride with one other person on occaision. I have 2 buds I will go on longer trips with (1 week with one guy and longer for the other). My wife is starting to ride so spending more time with her so she can join me on longer trips. Might be doing group of 4 (2 couples) when she comes along.

Not only do I not drink when I ride, I won't ride with someone who is drinking (a beer at lunch isn't the end of the world). I'll help kill a 6 pack at the end of the day though. Unless I'm going out for a couple of hours after work, I prefer to ride most of the day and those I ride with are the same. I like to ride a bit over the speed limit but I don't find riding 90 or 100 mph to be at all relaxing. Buds are the same.

Don't ride with one good friend and his wife anymore - they are more into starting late, taking long lunch breaks and bitching a lot.

Old 04-13-2009, 01:50 PM
redling36
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess a couple of years ago, my riding friend and I used to ride all day. We went wherever and didn't really care as long as we got some miles in. Now, a number of people have joined us and all they do is bar to bar and home for more alcohol. I guess I am just disappointed, how the hell do people function when all they do is drink. The best ride I have had in a long time was with my 17 year old son about 2 months ago, we took a ride to see an RC race track about 70 mile away, followed country roads and were in no hurry especially because he is a fairly new rider. Had a hot dog and Sun Drop, what a good feeling.

Old 04-13-2009, 01:51 PM
Bluzmn59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am married to her and she rides exactly how I taught her to.

Old 04-13-2009, 02:05 PM
Silverstone
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like to ride my bike,whether alone,with a couple of buddies or with a whole bunch of people ( I'm a member of the local HOG chapter,Aire Valley UK)
It's good to be around people... and people with Harleys are good people to be around.
But right now my ambition is to go for a ride with a certain Georgia peach and she'll be wearin' that thong of her's.

Old 04-13-2009, 02:07 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Solo mostly, but have one friend I ride with. We have similar styles and attitudes to match.

Old 04-13-2009, 02:09 PM
ConnMan
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Silverstone
I like to ride my bike,whether alone,with a couple of buddies or with a whole bunch of people ( I'm a member of the local HOG chapter,Aire Valley UK)
It's good to be around people... and people with Harleys are good people to be around.
But right now my ambition is to go for a ride with a certain Georgia peach and she'll be wearin' that thong of her's.
Right behind ya...

Old 04-13-2009, 03:48 PM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ConnMan
Right behind ya...
Don't you mean right behind her?

Old 04-13-2009, 03:52 PM
electraride2
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ride alone .....every other Harley rider I know is a know it all with their nose in the air

Old 04-13-2009, 03:57 PM
Sefferdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CruzN
I'm a cruiser, I like back roads with a slow pace. Stops every hour for a few minutes. Hard to fine those kind in this world of fast paced livestyles. But on the flip side. I'm never late, I'm up at 5:30 am ever day and like to start my trips early. Why waste 3 hours of daylight sleeping in. So you see why I ride alone at home alot <grin>
Hey CruzN, if you are ever in Ocala look me up. You get up a little late for me, but for the most part we would get along great!

Old 04-13-2009, 04:01 PM
ConnMan
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by other sheep
don't you mean right behind her?:d:d:d
:d:d:d:d

Quick Reply: Why do you ride with the people you ride with?