General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why do you ride with the people you ride with?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 11:33 AM
msh134
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mrsmsh134
Hey I have sense and I ride with you. It's very enjoyable. Thank you.
you are married to me you have to ride with me

Old 04-19-2009, 11:58 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,101 Likes on 3,649 Posts

I rode by myself the first 16 years i moved here from Canada and the reason is i din't have any buddies...Worked 2 jobs to pay for the toys....I didn't have to check with anybody to see if i should go left or right....That said the last bike i bought was a HD..wanted to ride with other as i now had plenty of experience...Rode with different groups to poker runs and charity rides...HOG chapter, local club...always ended up at a Bar...drink get on the bike , stop another bar..etc...etc...Joined Southern cruisers...Ride all i want no drinking lot's of good friends now...Not promoting the club but just look around and you will find some people who just want to ride...Craigs list maybe...Good luck. Booze and driving just don't mix.... i love to drink but usally while firing up the grill....

Old 04-19-2009, 07:04 PM
salmos91
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

only been riding a month (the few times weather has permitted) so all solo so far - will probably ride some with my brother eventually but will continue to ride mostly solo since i'm kind of a loner anyway- like some of the others on here just like to get out & ride w/o being in a hurry with no particular place to go

Old 04-19-2009, 07:40 PM
americanworkmule
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I was at a dealership when a guy stuck up a conversation. He asked how much I ride. I said about 15,000 miles a year.

He said he didn't think I rode much since he didn't see me at any of the HOG events.

Old 04-20-2009, 12:08 AM
D6CS
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I ride with my friends. We have a basic rule that we all abide to; If one or two wish to stop, or ride ahead, then they can and no one feels obligated to join. If the rest ride ahead the rest will have to catch up at the next rest stop or what ever. We all accept this and NEVER any hard feelings or guys getting pi$$ed off.

Well only once..... before Wal Mart opened stores in Canada, we rode south into the US and every time one of their signs came into view, we could see one guy's wife start pointing and wiggling on the back of his ride, and in he would go. Should have left her there. That was 15 years ago and she would probably still be in the store checking out the f ' ing shampoos

Old 04-20-2009, 03:55 AM
swordy
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

i ride with differnt mates 4 differnt reasons, 1 group ov mates dont go far, 1lot do ride n rally n party, then a couple of us like the drag racing so i ride with them.

Old 04-20-2009, 05:00 AM
ToastedGoat
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lots of the riders I ride with tend to be a little older than me.. a couple of them are upper 60's and and one is 75 yrs old now.. why? .... other riders my age or younger ask... I learn more, I deal with less B.S. Most of them can spin a great story about rides from back in the day. They are just glad to be able to get out and on a bike being alive ..not worrying if anybody notices how cool they are or bada$$ they look.

They tend to pick very good spots to ride to. most love camping (not rooms).
and they like to put some miles behind em before the sun sets.

When in town and just having fun running the bars... usually friends my age or younger... If they prove they don'tact like a$$holes then I'll ride with them...oh and if they can handle their bike worth a crap.