General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Navy one, pirates zero

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 06:05 PM
carlgrover
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,278 Likes on 1,315 Posts

I'm glad they finally did what they should have done five minutes after showing up at the scene. I was beginning to think that the United States Navy was going to be defeated by 4 guys in a lifeboat.

Maybe they will let the 4th pirate go: over the side.

Old 04-12-2009, 07:07 PM
wildman67
Extreme HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats good! about damn time!

Old 04-12-2009, 07:12 PM
Nevar
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Haywired
I agree they should just blow the pirates out of the water and send a message to the rest that they will die if the mess with any boats on international waters. The only thing terrorists understand is force and we should be sending a strong message instead of paying ransom. I also think they should take a container ship, disguise it as a regular freighter, arm it to the teeth with weaponry and send it into the area and just go on a hnuting mission to exterminate pirates.
Nice post Hay
I beat you too it.
They do or did exizt
There called "VULTURES" used in WW II
But thanks for your great post

Old 04-12-2009, 07:25 PM
doc_cj
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A little old fashioned pirate justice is in order for the 4th guy ... Walk the Plank!

Snipers took 3 of the 4 out ... y'know that 4th sniper is catching **** right now from his buds! Those guys have ice water running through their veins ... the ability to sit on a ship in the ocean and take a shot at at least 200 yards.

Anyone know what they used? I'm assuming 7.62mm ...

Old 04-12-2009, 08:01 PM
jandlcars
Extreme HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4th Pirate

Originally Posted by doc_cj
A little old fashioned pirate justice is in order for the 4th guy ... Walk the Plank!

Snipers took 3 of the 4 out ... y'know that 4th sniper is catching **** right now from his buds! Those guys have ice water running through their veins ... the ability to sit on a ship in the ocean and take a shot at at least 200 yards.

Anyone know what they used? I'm assuming 7.62mm ...

The 4th Pirate does any one know what Keel hulling is that would be justice
he will be tried and let go because he was misguided had a hard life growing up

Old 04-12-2009, 08:12 PM
deadman77
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 89 Posts

Pirates? No.

They are terrorists, and crappy ones at that. Criminals and ...............

MikeM

Old 04-12-2009, 08:18 PM
Grover
Administrator Emeritus

Received 252 Likes on 122 Posts

I'll bet the plan was to engage 3 and capture the fourth for information.

OSOK

Old 04-12-2009, 08:31 PM
busch
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Games on seems we have a few more pirates to deal with that have control of other ships will Obama stand tall on this order lets hope so for the rest of them that are being held

Old 04-12-2009, 08:33 PM
rdam
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by DD&Weevil
Nice little niche for Xe (formally known as Blackwater) this would be...Just thinking out loud.

Great news for the Captain and his family.

Those SEAL snipers are the toast of the town (ship) right now. 3 shots, 3 kills from a moving platform at a moving platform. THAT is some damn fine shooting.

Regarding a "niche for Xe", I read recently about an Xe/Blackwater type company that was starting up shop. Idea was a mothership where operators could embark/disembark in the problem areas so they could "ride" more ships through the problem areas.

Old 04-12-2009, 08:39 PM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by David The Hutt
i have to go on a rant here. i do not understand how or why these shipping companies, which have millions of dollars in cargo, are not able or willing to put a "security force" on these ships.

arm them with guns, rocket launchers, etc. these "pirates" are in little crappy boats that you wouldnt take out fishing. most of them are untrained locals and kids

stop playing games with them. if they attack, SHOOT THE PIRATES!

it doesnt make sense to me that you couldnt put some medium weapons on the deck of a super tanker. i dont understand why you cant have a half dozen "security experts" with keys to a munitions locker that could easily blow these scumbags out of the water with little or no effort.

am i missing something?

Ok here is why the cargo companies dont pay for security.

Its a matter of money and product. The pirates seize a ship and hold it ransom. The shipping companies have insurance on the ship and its cargo. The insurance pays out on the ship and cargo and now they get a new ship for relatively free because they have to pay their premiums anyway. The pirates demand a huge ransom for crew and ship. The shipping company is slow to pay so the pirates lower the cost to return the ship and crew. Eventually the shipping company pays off the pirates for a fraction of what the ship is worth and get their product and ship back. So in the end, the get 2 ships the cargo and money for the cargo they "lost". The have effectively increased the size of their fleet, made money 2 times on the cargo. They look at it as good business.

Quick Reply: Navy one, pirates zero