General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"We're sold out...

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 06:20 PM
backpeddler
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old Glory is a good dealership and very nice people to deal with. I think the point was they were not allocated to get anymore bikes in the Ultra color he wanted. But they could find one. If you want one in stock hit Annapolis up. 100+ bikes on the floor and they just bought 2 of Famous Mike's locations. At Annapolis ask for Patty Marvin. At old Glory I use Rick Galley. Next weekend is the blowout for dealers and Old Glory should have a great band and lots of vendors.

Old 04-12-2009, 06:31 PM
casique
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Patriot HD in N. VA is full of bikes. You can barely walk around. Call around for the bike you want...

Old 04-12-2009, 07:54 PM
jandlcars
Extreme HDF Member

My Local dealer has many bikes
BUT i will Recomend a diferent Dealer

Old 04-12-2009, 07:57 PM
stic2it
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

+1 old glory is an excellent dealership, talk to steve corbit...White guy, with a long beard. He will take care of you or go the extra mile

Old 04-12-2009, 08:15 PM
deadman77
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 89 Posts

Hmmm, try wandering in there on a Wednesday or Thursday afternoon at about 2:00 or so. I bet there are bikes to sell and sales folks to help.
MikeM

Old 04-12-2009, 08:34 PM
wbogley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I talked to the salesman at the dealer on Saturday. They are over loaded with used sportsters on the trade in promo. They had about 40 total used bikes, 30 of them or so are 07-09 sportsters with 2000 miles on them. Plenty of new bikes also

Old 04-12-2009, 08:48 PM
tinman67
Tourer
Default Sold Out

My dealership didn't have the one I wanted in stock either, but they searched other deales and ha it sent in. I had to wait a week, but I got what I wanted. I would have to say my dealings with Doc,s Harley in Kirkwood MO have always been top notch. I have no reason to go elsewhere.
Originally Posted by kykurnal
...of that model," the dealer told us yesterday when we stopped by to really consider that black Ultra he had on the floor the week before. It was 5 pm and the store was closing but the showroom was full of people. The salesman told us it had been the busiest week he can remember in a long time. When the wife asked to see a Cross Bones she got the same answer..."Sorry, sold the last one of those we're going to get this year today".

Anyone else seeing a drop in inventory?

Old 04-12-2009, 09:15 PM
oldbagr
Road Master

My dealer in Bellevue, WA, is selling new scoots but they also have a large assortment of new bikes on the floor.

Old 04-13-2009, 06:10 AM
kykurnal
Tourer

Originally Posted by backpeddler
Old Glory is a good dealership and very nice people to deal with. I think the point was they were not allocated to get anymore bikes in the Ultra color he wanted. But they could find one. If you want one in stock hit Annapolis up. 100+ bikes on the floor and they just bought 2 of Famous Mike's locations. At Annapolis ask for Patty Marvin. At old Glory I use Rick Galley. Next weekend is the blowout for dealers and Old Glory should have a great band and lots of vendors.
I agree with OG being very good and it was Rick that I spoke with. Yep, Saturday is their Open House.

My objective in the post was to see if dealers were selling out their allocations elsewhere..

Old 04-13-2009, 07:13 AM
nhbouncer
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

My dad just bought an '09 street glide up at seacoast harley in NH and his salesguy told him that they were getting about 250 less bikes this year than they had hoped for.

Quick Reply: "We're sold out...