General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New orleans ride

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 07:44 AM
tfuller
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New orleans ride

Me and my wife are going to try and make a run to Louisiana this summer just to eat supper does anyone know of a real good restaurant. I have been to new orleans before and dont care for restaurants like court of 2 sisters rather have out of why hole in wall type.

Old 04-10-2009, 07:50 AM
huffhuff
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

hardest question to answer I have ever seen here! there are close to a 1000 locally owned restaurants in New Orleans parish. My preference in the French Quarter is Cafe Maspero on Decatur. My absolute favorite is Rivershack Tavern on the River Road in Metairie. it's close to the Pit Stop on Hwy 90 where on Saturday night close to a 1000 bikers will gather.
here's some help. http://www.neworleansrestaurants.com/. http://www.uglydogsaloon.net/ is very biker friendly.

Old 04-10-2009, 07:56 AM
dFREDb
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try Lola's on West Esplanade Ave. (if it's still there). It is B.Y.O.B. though. If you get up near Ponchatoula, P.M. me for some good spots!

Old 04-10-2009, 08:27 AM
nola_rider
Advanced

I live in New orleans and Lolas I dont believe is there. Also The pit stop bike night is on wednesday not Saturday.

Restaurants are a personal thing just like what bike we like to ride.

Dining in new orleans is alot about what you can afford and what kind of food you want.

The old famous dinning places are Arnout's, Galatois, Commanders Pallace, Crescent city steak house - (sorry about spelling) These are all at least 75 years old and have great food but are on the high end and the first 3 are in the French Quarter.

Seafood is always big and there are plenty of places that are great...The Galley, Deanies, R&O's

shoot me a pm if you want more or directions I will be happy to help I love to eat and know quite a few dives that are great!!!!

Old 04-10-2009, 09:28 AM
Cajun King
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One of my favorites is Pascal Menallys (spelling) on Napoleon st in the garden district. Mothers is great for lunch but you will find me belly up to the bar at Port O Call for the best cheese burger and baked patato in the US.

Old 04-10-2009, 10:36 AM
nola_rider
Advanced

Originally Posted by Cajun King
One of my favorites is Pascal Menallys (spelling) on Napoleon st in the garden district. Mothers is great for lunch but you will find me belly up to the bar at Port O Call for the best cheese burger and baked patato in the US.

Ahhhh Port O Call is amazing.... Snug Harbor on Frenchmen St has a great burger also along with some great jazz.

Deffinately cant go wrong with a mothers po-boy.....

Great post Cajun King....there are just to many great places to list!!

Old 04-10-2009, 10:38 AM
Philip1228
Cruiser

Depends on what you want to eat. Drago's, Boso's, Deannies. Smiley's etc.etc.
Tell me what you are wanting? Seafood Itlalian etc.

Old 04-10-2009, 10:51 AM
nola_rider
Advanced

Just thought about Red Wagon Grocery in River ridge or Central Grocery in the Quarter(awesome muffaletas). Juans Flying Burrito, Andreas, Carrettas, Zekes....

Old 04-10-2009, 11:34 AM
huffhuff
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.bertaut.com/BikeNight.html. oops. I haven't been in NOLA on a wednesday in about 5 years. usually get there on Thursday now for the second weekend of Jazzfest. last time at the Pitstop the bartender lamented that there were only 900 there that night. a server carried cases of cold beer thru the parking lot so it wasn't a chore to get a brew. police were directing traffic to protect the bikers coming and going.

Old 04-10-2009, 11:53 AM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 501 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by dfredb
Try Lola's on West Esplanade Ave. (if it's still there). It is B.Y.O.B. though. If you get up near Ponchatoula, P.M. me for some good spots!
Is Jacmel's still in Hammond?? or am I showing my age?

Quick Reply: New orleans ride