General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

motorcycle glasses

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2005, 10:54 AM
wheeler
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default motorcycle glasses

Good morning everyone,
Has anyone gotten presciption motorcycle glasses? I wear contacts and have regular motorcycle glasses, but I'd rather get presciption glasses that will keep the wind out of my eyes. My brother-in-law who is an optometrist says I may have some problems with that because of the large area. Let me know.
Mike

Old 04-15-2005, 11:07 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
Default RE: motorcycle glasses

Just get a pair of Panoptix sunglasses and wear them with your contacts They keep all of the wind out, and are still not bulky like goggles. They look almost like a pair of sunglasses. They have many different styles, and lens colors also. Not cheap, but very good, and waranteed for life.

Regards,

Bill

Old 04-15-2005, 11:16 AM
wheeler
Advanced

Thanks Bill. I'll give it a try.
Mike

Old 04-15-2005, 11:25 AM
12Stones
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wheeler, you can also get Panoptix with a prescription. I don't know why you'd want prescription though, then you'd have to wear glasses all the time you weren't riding

Old 04-15-2005, 12:19 PM
Lovetoride
Grand HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: billnourse

Just get a pair of Panoptix sunglasses and wear them with your contacts They keep all of the wind out, and are still not bulky like goggles. They look almost like a pair of sunglasses. They have many different styles, and lens colors also. Not cheap, but very good, and waranteed for life.

Regards,

Bill
This probably the least expensive way to go...

Ryan

Old 04-16-2005, 02:30 AM
Anniesage
Road Master

Being 'legally blind' without my rx glasses and being a new rider, rx sunglasses were my first big purchase after the Sporty. I submitted my order to Panoptix - but they couldn't fulfil my order because of something in my rx...something about an apix or something like that maximum of 3 and mine was a 6. They referred me to another company who does orders for the military and I am now awaiting my new sunglasses.

However, if you have the option of wearing contacts and just getting the panoptix sunglasses - go for it. Far less expensive. Because of my hyped up rx - these things are going to cost me $400!!! But, got to have them or won't see a gosh darn thing on the road. Right now am wearing my regular sunglasses but they are not shatterproof.

Old 04-17-2005, 11:42 AM
mailmanj
Advanced

i wear contacts also. i tried alot of different sun glasses for motorcycling and i also mountian bike. oakley half jackets have worked the very best for me. they have interchangable lens also. so at nite just pop in the clears and keep ridin

Old 04-17-2005, 04:02 PM
pilot1996
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 6 Posts

I recently bought a pair of WileyX with interchangeable lenses. I found them on Ebay for ~$50 I think, all lenses included. Best purchase I have made in a while as I usually go to work at noon and get home at 2 AM.

Mac

Old 04-18-2005, 12:50 PM
12Stones
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Because of my hyped up rx - these things are going to cost me $400!!! But, got to have them or won't see a gosh darn thing on the road.
Annie, have you looked into surgery? I was almost legally blind and then had pk surgery and now 7 years after the surgery I still see 20/25 as opposed to the 20/440 that I was before.

Old 04-18-2005, 11:42 PM
RMXer
Intermediate

The wileyX is a nice pair, and they also can have prescription lenses installed.

Quick Reply: motorcycle glasses