General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

parking in nyc

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 03:36 PM
jjjlsj
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default parking in nyc

going to nyc in may having a hard time finding a hotel downtown that will let me park my bike. any suggestions. thanks

Old 04-06-2009, 03:37 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Stay AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-06-2009, 04:18 PM
JDSski
Novice

How far downtown? There is a motorcycle only lot by south street seaport (under the FDR near the ferry shuttles - basically where Wall Street comes to an end on the east side) that is first come-first serve but as the weather improves, it fills up on weekdays in the AM and only starts to open up when the commuters start to leave. I find that most garages in NYC won't take motorcycles at all.

Old 04-06-2009, 04:28 PM
spikeofwoolsey
Cruiser

Not many hotels in NYC with parking lots, and few lots take bikes because they cant shufle them around when spots open. It will be hit or miss to find one. Might not be a good option but street parking is free just watch the street signs. But then again, its very tight and cagers Will f**k your ride up if they need the room.

Old 04-06-2009, 04:59 PM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Never 'thought' 'bout it, BUT dammt, that would be a beeotch. As is evidenced by the RE:'s.

Old 04-13-2009, 08:54 AM
JDSski
Novice

Originally Posted by JDSski
How far downtown? There is a motorcycle only lot by south street seaport (under the FDR near the ferry shuttles - basically where Wall Street comes to an end on the east side) that is first come-first serve but as the weather improves, it fills up on weekdays in the AM and only starts to open up when the commuters start to leave. I find that most garages in NYC won't take motorcycles at all.
Just rode into work today to find that the lot I referred to earlier is now closed by our Mayor. He's succeeded in his two terms as Mayor in shutting down all motorcycle lots in the downtown area. The lot was barricaded on 4.12.09 effectively sealing in any bikes that were left inside with notice that they will be towed.

That just leaves street parking and I find that most park by braile (kinda bump and feel their way into a spot).

Just FYI.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:41 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm from there (originally) and can echo the sentiments that not many hotels have parking, let alone bike parking available. You may be forced to find a nearby parking garage that will bend you over the hood of a car and rape you like a little boy, monetarily speaking.

You also better pay attention to some laws up there because I seem to remember hearing about some legislation they wanted to enact up there prohibiting loud pipes. I'd do some research on it.

Old 04-13-2009, 10:49 AM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I dunno, but if I could not park my ride, we would keep on ridin.

Old 04-13-2009, 12:44 PM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

You might try looking up motorcycle dealerships in the city and tell them about your problem. If they can't offer you a spot for a few days try Bergen County HD in NJ. They're close to NYC and near busses or taxis that can take you across the river.
Better yet, contact me. I'm about 25 miles north. I can find you a spot for a few days.
You might also consider staying just outside the city and using public transportation while you're there. In the surrounding counties you should have no trouble parking at your hotel.

Last edited by jberg; 04-13-2009 at 12:46 PM.