Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Washed the FXD with Doctor Mecanico...

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 01:15 PM
ConnMan
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Washed the FXD with Doctor Mecanico...

First off, I can detail a vehicle pretty well. I've got a black Marauder with paint that looks three feet deep. I see other black vehicles with thier owners bragging about them, and to me it looks like they were washed with a lawn rake. I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to this stuff.

Anyhoo, I pulled the FXD out and figured I'd give this Doctor Mecanico stuff a go. The bike was dirty, but cool and in the shade. I took a bottle of Doctor Mecanico and cut it 50/50 with tap water. I then sprayed the whole bike down. All surfaces were covered with a decent coat of this stuff. I quaffed a quick Bud Light with this stuff did it's thing.

Grabbed the hose and hosed the bike off. Never put a wash mitt or rag to any part of the bike. Blow-dry with an electric blower, and wheeled her back in the garage. Took a new microfibre towel and dried the remaining water off. No spray wax or quick detailer used. I just wiped it down.

I am impressed. The FXD's cast aluminum wheels were a bit grungy with road grime and brake dust. They look like new. No kidding. Even the polished aluminum part shines like the sun. The paint looks perfect as well. This stuff did not hurt the wax or the painted surfaces a bit. In fact, it looks like I waxed it again. The engine's silver powder coat is clean again. The stains behind the front wheel are gone, fins look like mirrors.

Where this stuff really surprised me was the fasteners. Every nut and bolt on the bike looks brand new. The brake calipers shine without a hint of dust. Brake fittings and lines look like I replaced them. Even the front motor mount bolts shine again.

This product now has a permanent place in my detailing arsenal...

Old 04-05-2009, 06:05 PM
ezriderpgh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I believe I was the first to give a review on Doctor Mecanico and i'm glad I did. Seems like everyone since has liked it. One little thing I did notice after I gave the review is the stitching in my seat turned white after a few days so I had to go over them with a wet rag. Other than that I think the stuff is darn good, cheap and saves more time for riding and other things.