General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Informal Poll - Harley Guy or Guy with a Harley?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 01:21 AM
ko4qc
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by danmo
Guy with a Harley. I like to ride, I wear the shirts because imo they are good quality for the cost. The decal I have for my truck was given to me and my fiance has one for her car. The HD floor mat and blanket (which is REAL nice) were both given to me.
My Harley doensn't define who I am or how I act it just is what I'm into.
"Good quality for the cost"....$30 for a $3 fruit of the freeking loom T shirt?...aw hell...its your money...I buy my t shirts at Wal-Mart..:>)

Old 04-06-2009, 01:26 AM
gregski
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

A guy with a Harley with a wife with a Harley.

Old 04-06-2009, 01:38 AM
Pmariner
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm just a person who likes to ride and happens to own a Harley.

Old 04-06-2009, 01:59 AM
Olyone
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am a guy with a few shirts....I like the fact I have a Harley in the garage. Several years ago HArley went too far with all their commercialized stores. It is like shopping at Macy's which lost the harley feeling. I am not buying parts for the bike that say harly or harley stickers for everything. I even took off the Harley liscense plate frame from the bike. Don't need grips or pegs that say Harley. I think people know its a harley. Lose all the crap and just go and have fun. like to keep it clean simple and sweet lookin....just like my life. A guy with a HArley!

Old 04-06-2009, 04:43 AM
ToastedGoat
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been riding harleys for a long time, but I don't collect any harley stuff.

M&M stuff I go apes**t over though. I have all kinds of M&M stuff. I started collecting the dispensers and figurines years ago. Most family and friends buy me M&M collectibles for gifts.

So I guess I am an M&M lifestyler with a harley.

Old 04-06-2009, 04:57 AM
dbleagle
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkThomas
Just curious how you all see yourselves...as a "Harley person" or a "person with a Harley". What I mean by that is do you embrace the "lifestyle" or just enjoy riding a motorcycle and appreciate the pride of ownership that comes along with a Harley-Davidson?

Me, I am a guy with a Harley. I do wear a Harley shirt from time to time, and have a sticker on the truck, but it pretty much ends there. I have no Harley stuff in my house, am not into eagles or wolves, and do not go out of my way to get involved in the "lifestyle". I do, however, get a huge grin every time I look at the Road King in the garage and really dig throwing a leg over it and hearing that great Harley sound.

So, which camp are you in?
I don't know... you tell me!

I've owned nothing but Harleys for 40+ years... I have a few harley shirts and a pair of boots...

I do have one thing though... I got it this last Christmas from one of my nephews... its a Harley Fund Jar...(like you put change in)...

I told him I appreciated it , but it should of been the size of a 55 gallon drum...

Charlie D.

Old 04-06-2009, 05:07 AM
danielo
Elite HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like motorcycles,If Harley weren't around I would have some other type of motorcycle.I have a Harley because thats the one I like the best.the style and sound have all ways set it apart from other motors.

Old 04-06-2009, 06:41 AM
carlgrover
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,267 Likes on 1,311 Posts

I own one Harley shirt that I got in Japan (the Harley emblem is in Japanese).

Other than that, I don't really go in for the "Harley lifestyle" unless it's Halloween.

Just a guy with a couple of old Harleys.

Old 04-06-2009, 06:53 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,256 Likes on 4,783 Posts

I guess the fact that I don't care what anybody else is or does makes me a "Harley Guy" as opposed to a Guy that rides a Harley. Although I am a guy (at least I was the last time I was able to check B 4 I put on all this weight) that rides a Harley...Chit, now I'm confused.
Leave me alone...I'm Old.

Old 04-06-2009, 06:58 AM
Bluzmn59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Harley guy here. I started riding Harleys before they were "fashionable" and when riding Harleys was not a push-button thing. I have been wearing Harley t-shirts and a leather jacket as primary casual wear for 30 years. I could see having something else in the garage as an additional toy, but cannot imagine having anything else for a primary ride.

Quick Reply: Informal Poll - Harley Guy or Guy with a Harley?