General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Informal Poll - Harley Guy or Guy with a Harley?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 08:46 AM
TxEasyGlider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is my first bike. I have an HD sticker on my truck, along with a Browning sticker and a USMC sticker, these things I am proud of. I wear an HD cap and during hunting season I wear a Browning cap. I have HD tee shirts and bought some from the resort I went to in Mexico this past summer. I do not have a tat, but wish i had gotten one while I was in the Corps. I don't wear a dew rag, but have a HD jacket. Joined H.O.G. so I can meet other riders. It is fun and I am looking forward to many years of riding. Hopefully I will make it to the HD 110th anniversary. I am a guy with a Harley. The biker lifestyle? Is that riding to nowhere with a bedroll on the back and drinking beers at every biker bar along the way? Do they still RUMBLE? I'd say most of us are guys with Harleys. Those that are 1% ers are for sure living the biker lifestyle, and I bet they could care less about a question like this one.
I got a harley as soon as I could, that was last october when I could afford one at 46 yrs old. In years past there were always priorities that prevented me from riding. Now the priorities are fewer and I ride when I can. Yesterday I spent enough money at my locad HD dealer that I will be cooking hamburgers on my new (smallest ever) grill this weekend. So, what is the definition of a Harley guy? I am a guy with a Harley. It's American like Apple Pie and baseball. Be proud, don't appologize for doing something you enjoy. Life is too short enjoy it while you can.