General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley V4 in the Works?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 04:40 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by David The Hutt
sorry to say it, but the "harley faithful" and willie G are dinasours. they need to get with the times. i love my heritage, but harley still has wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too many issues for this day and age (especially when compared to the reliability of the metrics)

if there were no "harley legend" and they had to stand on quality alone, they would be out of business. a harley isnt "junk". but they are not as good as they SHOULD AND COULD be.

for $20,000 i shouldnt have to see a mechanic for ANYTHING other than oil changes every 5k.
You know to each his own, This is an open board, But I have no clue why you own a HOG or post here. If don't like the bike you can sell and get most of your money out. Sorry can't do that with a metric or anything else you say you have. And every machine on Gods green earth will have an issues. Every machine. Cracks me up when people go to the Benz dealer wondering why the machine broke and the poor tech tries to explain that abuse is not wear.

So far no issues with my bike like you have described.

And no offense I am still trying to figure out what you are trying to say on this board. Maybe it is that underlying contempt for Black and Orange. Don't worry you can paint your bike any color you want.

Last edited by leicafish; 04-06-2009 at 04:43 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:23 PM
roewarrior
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

High revving watercooled V4? Sounds more like a new Buell sport touring bike to me.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:01 PM
zimman20
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by roewarrior
High revving watercooled V4? Sounds more like a new Buell sport touring bike to me.
The article actually talks about it possibly being marketed as a Buell.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:38 PM
r00k
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting, I'll believe it when i see it.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:38 PM
LilBudyWizer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why would I care what else HD sells? I didn't buy a Harley because it's a Harley. I bought a Fat Bob because it's what I liked. As long as Harley continues selling what I like I'll keep buying them. When it's time for the next bike I'm certainly not going to say boy I sure to like this one, but I'll be damned if I'm going to buy it because I don't like this other one. I don't like Ultra's, but it didn't keep me from buying a Fat Bob. It just kept me from buying an Ultra.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:49 PM
Thundermug
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by banzai79
... Harley badly needs this, it needs to show the world it has a future.
Sorta like Chevy needs something, Ford needs something, Chrysler needs something, most of the financial institutions....

Old 04-06-2009, 09:16 PM
harleyeglideman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by frenchbiker
Don't you love the Venture's top-heaviness, legendary tranny whine and state of the art cassette player?
If you have riding skill, there is no top-heavy issue. Never heard the tranny whine. Guess it is in the maintenance and fluids used. Cassette replaced with MP3 and Sirius.

Originally Posted by ko4qc
I gotta agree with ya...Ventures definitely BLOW!!!....since when is it all about speed?...the Venture is one of the ugliest bikes on the road...IMPO...I am glad they are fast so they can get the hell outta my sight that much sooner...:>)
Regarding my "ugliest bike on the road" I was recently at Kingman HD on my last x-country run with the Yammy, when a tatted up pony tailed "biker dude" (the kind you would surely appreciate because he looked "the part") came out and was about to get on his rat bike when he told me that was the best looking Ultra he had ever seen. These type of compliments regularly occur from similar HD tough-guys who also (when they find out it is not an Ultra) then usually remind me that some day maybe I can afford the real thing...

So, here's the deal fellas: I've owned and ridden HD's since 1982 and never been without one. I like 'em which is why I buy and ride 'em. However, none has ever been the perfect bike. They each have their pluses and minuses. Because I ride to ride and to see the country and not bar hop or put bikes in shows or anything else but ride and explore, I've searched for the perfect bike to do this with. I've had Wings and other metrics. Again, each has their + and -'s. In my garage, I presently have two HD's, a Venture and a Triumph Rocket III (I am in the middle of a deal for a BMW). I am in a position where I am fortunate to afford these toys; I know it and I am grateful. I ride the hell out of all of 'em and each bike serves a different purpose. Tough to beat the Venture for a x-country round trip, including my FLHTCi. Touch to beat the Rocket for a day out in the VA Country and any twisties I might encounter. The Classic is a great commuter, etc. Wherever I stop for food or gas, gauranteed someone alsways comes over to look at the Venture and the Rocket and compliments me on each of them. Usually my HD riding buddies beg me to ride each of those bikes more than once. When I let 'em - they enjoy the hell out of it. The motors in the Venture and the Rocket are tough to beat. The torque and/or HP in them is insane compared to my suped-up HD motors. So, I guess what I'm saying is - don't knock it till you try it; don't be narrow minded; and don't be jealous. If you want to live in your little "HD is everything" world, I hope you enjoy your stay. But on the outside here, many other opportunities await.

Ride safe