General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley V4 in the Works?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 08:01 AM
n4toc
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by David The Hutt
for $20,000 i shouldnt have to see a mechanic for ANYTHING other than oil changes every 5k.

No flaming intended, but this is a ridiculous statement. I don't care how much you pay for something that is made by man, especially if it have moving parts, it's gonna break. I have people bring their $100k BMW in for repairs and make the same statement, I've had people bring their $9k Ford Ranger in for repairs and make the same statement. If it is made by man, it is not perfect regardless of how much money you had to pay. Only one man ever walked the face of this earth who was perfect and HE ain't building cars or bikes. I hope he don't start becasue if He does, I won't have a job. ;-)

Old 04-06-2009, 08:04 AM
BlackRob
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you put a Water Head engine in a Road Glide do you get a Road Head?

Old 04-06-2009, 08:16 AM
schwangster
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I like my air cooled V-twin, sounds good and runs strong.

But I did once hear a V-max, with loud pipes at full throttle. THAT was a whole 'nuther thing!
I personally would never want a V-max, but I would like that sound coming off my Harley bagger!

Old 04-06-2009, 08:50 AM
campdreamer47
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink Could not have said it Better....

Originally Posted by ko4qc
What the hell are you whining about...I have 20k+ on my 07 and havnt had to take her to a mechanic for anything...and I change the fluids myself...dont let a little grease ruin your manicure..DUDE...:>)
That David The Hutt guy must surly have bought his Harley in order to try and boost his ego with his metric crowd. Then once he got the Harley he started to whine about having to get a little grease on his hands and the money he spend boo hoo. If you don't understand then get out of the game and go get that water drinking metric Hutt.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:03 AM
cadman311
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was told that AMF sold the Nova stuff to the japan's as they were bought out.

Old 04-06-2009, 12:19 PM
Centerline
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by n4toc
Only one man ever walked the face of this earth who was perfect and HE ain't building cars or bikes. I hope he don't start becasue if He does, I won't have a job. ;-)
Well, now we have had 2 perfect folks in history, the second one just got into the car building business within the past 2 months .... and yes you are right, you will soon be out of a job if you build SUV's in Texas.

Old 04-06-2009, 12:57 PM
extech
Road Master

Yea right, especially because the water cooled VRod is so popular.....

Old 04-06-2009, 01:04 PM
extech
Road Master

Originally Posted by campdreamer47
That David The Hutt guy must surly have bought his Harley in order to try and boost his ego with his metric crowd. Then once he got the Harley he started to whine about having to get a little grease on his hands and the money he spend boo hoo. If you don't understand then get out of the game and go get that water drinking metric Hutt.
Harleys aren't for everyone for sure and if you're on here complaining....you're probably one of them people.

Old 04-06-2009, 02:10 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

HD may not want a Nova but is being forced to go this route.The past few yr models have proved that they cant make the aircooled design operate correctly while heeding to govt regs. Yes I agree this new direction is going to shed the old faithfuls,the used market should pick up for these people. Whats going to make these new bikes stand out from the japsters will be fun to see. The market is tightening,Motous is going into the v4 market in HDs price range.

Old 04-06-2009, 04:23 PM
banzai79
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I should think the traditional air-heads would welcome this with open arms. As their numbers dwindle something like a water cooled v4 will help keep Harley's doors open, so they can in turn continue to make the air hawgs for a few more decades. Harley badly needs this, it needs to show the world it has a future.

Quick Reply: Harley V4 in the Works?