General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley V4 in the Works?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 12:34 AM
rydermike
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I doubt you would see many big twins in europe , isn't thier taxing/licensing fee's based on engine size?

Old 04-06-2009, 01:18 AM
Centerline
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Lincoln33
I believe it was the Nova project that delved into water-cooled H-D engines. If H-D can build a water cooled engine that looks, sounds, and runs good without a gaudy radiator cluttering up the front I'll buy it.
That's right, the owners of many a Harley are quite capable en masse of making them fully gaudy w/o any additional help from the MoCo.

Old 04-06-2009, 01:30 AM
ko4qc
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by harleyeglideman
That'll be nice; it'll be competitive with my Yamaha Venture which will blow away either of my HD's at any given moment.
I gotta agree with ya...Ventures definitely BLOW!!!....since when is it all about speed?...the Venture is one of the ugliest bikes on the road...IMPO...I am glad they are fast so they can get the hell outta my sight that much sooner...:>)

Old 04-06-2009, 01:39 AM
ko4qc
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by David The Hutt
sorry to say it, but the "harley faithful" and willie G are dinasours. they need to get with the times. i love my heritage, but harley still has wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too many issues for this day and age (especially when compared to the reliability of the metrics)

if there were no "harley legend" and they had to stand on quality alone, they would be out of business. a harley isnt "junk". but they are not as good as they SHOULD AND COULD be.

for $20,000 i shouldnt have to see a mechanic for ANYTHING other than oil changes every 5k.
What the hell are you whining about...I have 20k+ on my 07 and havnt had to take her to a mechanic for anything...and I change the fluids myself...dont let a little grease ruin your manicure..DUDE...:>)

Old 04-06-2009, 02:15 AM
dogtownmax
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by faber
Younger generations, especially the Millennials, are identifying with American innovation more than American tradition.

Well said.

Old 04-06-2009, 02:21 AM
howolf
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rydermike
I doubt you would see many big twins in europe , isn't thier taxing/licensing fee's based on engine size?
Yes, that's partly true:

I only can speak for Belgium, since every European country has it's own taxing fee:
it's indeed based on engine size, but -in belgium at least- the fee is fixed for engines of 1000 cc (about 62 ci) or more, so it's the same fee for a vrod as for a bigtwin. For engines less than 1000cc, the taxing fee depends indeed on the engine size.

I think there are more vrods and sporty's in Europe because most motorcycle riders here prever to go fast. Which is not my way of riding though...

Old 04-06-2009, 05:32 AM
dbleagle
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by David The Hutt
sorry to say it, but the "harley faithful" and willie G are dinasours. they need to get with the times. i love my heritage, but harley still has wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too many issues for this day and age (especially when compared to the reliability of the metrics)

if there were no "harley legend" and they had to stand on quality alone, they would be out of business. a harley isnt "junk". but they are not as good as they SHOULD AND COULD be.

for $20,000 i shouldnt have to see a mechanic for ANYTHING other than oil changes every 5k.
I don't know about you... but I've been riding Harley's for 40+ years and never done any major work on any of them...

For me... you can't get more reliable than that... What say you?

One question for you though... ahhhhh... does these metric dealerships have service departments and if they do... why?

Charlie D.

Old 04-06-2009, 05:47 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 12,256 Likes on 4,783 Posts

Puzzy Glide?

Old 04-06-2009, 07:03 AM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by harleyeglideman
That'll be nice; it'll be competitive with my Yamaha Venture which will blow away either of my HD's at any given moment.
Don't you love the Venture's top-heaviness, legendary tranny whine and state of the art cassette player?

Old 04-06-2009, 07:47 AM
BigGdawg
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Notgrownup
Prestone-Glide???
Glycol Glide - yeah!

Quick Reply: Harley V4 in the Works?