General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley V4 in the Works?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 11:40 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,123 Likes on 3,659 Posts

I think that if they build it and it appeals to some of the metric population that want a Harley but won't get it because it's not liquid cooled it will be good for business...As long as they keep the air cooled V-twin also... Tradition sells Harley still...With the purchase of MV Augusta HD has positionend itself to go forward with new innovations in Motorcycles. So why not give it a shot...Look at V-rod.... May not be the best seller but man!!! have you ridden one...The power is awesome...I love my FLHTC but wish that i hade more power for the $18k i dropped on it without upgrading for thousands of dollars...Still love my bike but can't say i wouldn't go for a liquid cooled HD???

Old 04-05-2009, 11:40 AM
BlackRob
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seeing that picture of the Nova made me think- isn't there a lot of rumors about the Road Glide being canceled this year? A water cooled V4 touring bike with fairing maybe in the works? Go ahead and say it: "Hydro Glide". I like the sound of it already.

Old 04-05-2009, 11:42 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,123 Likes on 3,659 Posts

Prestone-Glide???

Old 04-05-2009, 11:43 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

I guess we will have to wait and see.There is always something going on in the skunkworks.

Old 04-05-2009, 11:57 AM
David The Hutt
Tourer

sorry to say it, but the "harley faithful" and willie G are dinasours. they need to get with the times. i love my heritage, but harley still has wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too many issues for this day and age (especially when compared to the reliability of the metrics)

if there were no "harley legend" and they had to stand on quality alone, they would be out of business. a harley isnt "junk". but they are not as good as they SHOULD AND COULD be.

for $20,000 i shouldnt have to see a mechanic for ANYTHING other than oil changes every 5k.

Old 04-05-2009, 02:29 PM
Hackd
Elite HDF Member
Received 82 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnT
...the Harley faithful may not be happy...
Perhaps they won't, but I will. If they build it: Some of us will be back buying....

Until then I'll keep putting miles on my 93 FLHS:

Old 04-05-2009, 02:39 PM
schwangster
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by schumacher
Not too far fetched:

WOW
I've seen the Nova at Trev Deeley's Museum, but it is a 'naked' bike. This already looks like a Road Glide.

Nice

Old 04-05-2009, 02:42 PM
hogginit
Road Captain

Gotta copy hiding somewhere in my office that showed a submission last year for a engine at around 2400 cc. Dont remember what the agency for the document was, but it's where the manufacturer submits data for emmission approvals for the model year. Will try to fnd it.

Old 04-05-2009, 03:44 PM
kk6pg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by dog155
I guess we will have to wait and see.There is always something going on in the skunkworks.
]And it almost always stinks

Old 04-05-2009, 03:56 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by David The Hutt
sorry to say it, but the "harley faithful" and willie G are dinasours. they need to get with the times. i love my heritage, but harley still has wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too many issues for this day and age (especially when compared to the reliability of the metrics)

if there were no "harley legend" and they had to stand on quality alone, they would be out of business. a harley isnt "junk". but they are not as good as they SHOULD AND COULD be.

for $20,000 i shouldnt have to see a mechanic for ANYTHING other than oil changes every 5k.

People have been saying this for 40 years.

It amazes me how many people that ride Harley's are not happy with them. Makes me think they are the posers that are spoken of so much. They buy a bike for an image, even though they don't care for it.

Quick Reply: Harley V4 in the Works?