Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The official stealer RANT and RAVE Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 09:45 AM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default The official stealer RANT and RAVE Thread...

Well, I came across the tucking in shirt thread yesterday and thought I would start an all encompassing rant and rave thread for stealers. I stopped by the stealer yesterday as well.

Fist of all, if you want to tuck your shirt in, so be be it. I could care less. There are all sorts of people that ride Harley's and I think that's fine. Doctor, lawyer, baker, outlaw. It's all good to me. Anything that spreads the interest in our pastime is positive as far as I am concerned. That being said, I do not tuck my shirt in unless it is freezing and I am on the freeway. I am a slob and am okay with that. Wear yours however you like. I like my women tall and thin, and I ride a Harley.

So what got me yesterday was this really ugly road king wannabe bike taht was parked next to me when I came back outside. It was oozing with a lack of design that would quantify it as a Harley. And...everyone stopped in front of it and stared. Maybe that is becasue it was so ugly, but hey, to each his own.

I am also disappointed that all the cute girls that used to work at my local stealer have gone to work for another.

Wer still have the best parts guy and lady in town though. With the exception of my buddy Dawg.

What don't you like or gets you pissed off at the freakin' stealer? Let us know.

Old 04-05-2009, 10:16 AM
faber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I used to sing praises of my local dealer. They do charge a lot for routine servicing, oil changes, etc., like all HD dealers, but you felt like they were really taking care of your bike, or at least they created that perception. I've bought two HDs from them.

But when I went to buy my third (the trade-in deal for Sportsters), they lied to me on the terms. Said that they'd only grant a trade-in credit equal to the MSRP of a 2007 XL883 plain in vivid black, claiming those were HD's terms and that they had nothing to do with it (I have an '08 XL1200C with a two-tone paint job--a difference of several thousand.)

So when I went to the parts counter and asked to look up a part online, I pulled up the HD website explaining the deal, showed the sales manager, and asked him why he would say that to me, a two-time purchaser looking for a third. His answer, "Business is business."

So, needless to say, I didn't buy from them. I test rode bikes at another HD dealer, but I decided to keep my Sporty anyway (just like it too much) and use the difference that I would have spent for a FXDL and bought a new KLR.

Business is business, but I don't lie to people when I'm on the job.

Phuq the local dealer. They really exist to cater to the summer tourists anyway.

Last edited by faber; 04-05-2009 at 10:18 AM.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:38 PM
comaman2
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 i to have purchased 2 scooters from a local dealer and now they treat me like a f@cking newb, i cant stand thier new service manager all he nows how to do is talk customers out of thier money and every time im over there you can here him tell customers that dyno jet products are inferior to thier products and the ****** have a dyno jet tuner but they dont no how to tune power commanders, and i just found out that they screwed up my friends bike with the sert because they dont now how to tune it on the dyno jet, so basiclly the have a dyno jet tuner but use it only for charging customers who want to now what theyare putting out after mods have been made and all the serts they are puttin in are just canned factory maps whoopie!!!! my friends bike wont pull hard and it back fires and pops and the knoukle heads in stead of being able to tune it properly are telling him he needs to do the 95 build and my friend thinks that they are god and are all knowing but the truth is i never seen so many dumb asses at one dealership anywhere(you need to do your own work, and you need to research your options when it comes to making mods)I know that this is not!!!!! the only dealer out there pulling this sheet!!!!! IN these economic times it is all about buyer be ware not about who you think your friends are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-05-2009, 05:26 PM
codyshop
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I haven't set foot into an HD dealership since November 2, 1988 at 11:55 am. Does that count?

Old 04-05-2009, 05:35 PM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Well, in my roadtrip from DC to NJ then to WA I stopped in a dealer in every state (thanks to the handy Ride Atlas). I can definately tell you who takes pride in their shop and who doesn't. Luckily the dealer near me has good part guys. I do all my own work but the service guys answer my questions when I call or go in even though they're not working on the bike. So far, Destination HD of Puyallup, WA is good sh it.

Old 04-05-2009, 05:46 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

So far, my dealer in Clovis, NM High plains Harley is a straigth shootin, no BS place and always happy to see you and know you by name.They have nothing but Harleys sold there so they know their business pretty well.

Old 04-05-2009, 05:49 PM
MyRide7
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Walters Brother Harley Davidson. Didn,t use Anti-Seize on the last Spark plug change (OR ANY OF THE OTHERS?) and the rear Plug seized...Their two excuses were
1. Well you know we do not use this any more cause the newer bikes have so much/Many sensors in/on them it would caus a problem!! I said bull fricken shat..I am not the worlds sharpest tac but I have never seen a sensor in plug threads!
2. Well you haven,t had your bike into use for service since so there were not "sure" if this was the issue! I said Do you think I am a complete dumbazz? This is the reason I don,t and will NEVER set foot in your place again!

End of story

Had Indy fix (I have been out of state for 3wks) and did an exceptional job and will get my build work this fall...........

Old 04-05-2009, 05:55 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The pricing gets me pissed!!!! Thats all

Old 04-05-2009, 06:01 PM
Thornhammer
Tourer

Originally Posted by MyRide7
Walters Brother Harley Davidson. Didn,t use Anti-Seize on the last Spark plug change (OR ANY OF THE OTHERS?) and the rear Plug seized...Their two excuses were
In Peoria?

That sucks. They have a nice place. Haven't used them for service (and won't, based on this report and the fact that I have three other dealerships that are closer than Peoria).

Old 04-05-2009, 06:15 PM
MyRide7
Tourer

Ya Peoria,
Had other issues here as well.....ding on FT fender after a rear tire change!! I can even talk about this one>>>>>>>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ya I am staying away.......maybe they will get new and more concerned techs!

oh the one in bloomington,IL is about as bad.didn't tighten up FT brake connections two years ago and found out to my surprise i had No BRAKE.the fluid caused them to purchase me new ft fendor/gas tank. and both of these two incidents will cost them a new bike purchase...and of course a build on the 06.........

Last edited by MyRide7; 04-05-2009 at 06:20 PM.

Quick Reply: The official stealer RANT and RAVE Thread...