Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The official stealer RANT and RAVE Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 01:06 AM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Danmo I feel you. On my trek I went into a couple places who wouldn't even acknowledge me because I'm the 'younger Harley generation.' I would walk around the entire store without a single 'can I help you' in some places. Guess it makes you appreciate the good dealers that go the extra inch.

Old 04-06-2009, 02:03 AM
dogtownmax
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by stupid_rope
Well, in my roadtrip from DC to NJ then to WA I stopped in a dealer in every state (thanks to the handy Ride Atlas). I can definately tell you who takes pride in their shop and who doesn't. Luckily the dealer near me has good part guys. I do all my own work but the service guys answer my questions when I call or go in even though they're not working on the bike. So far, Destination HD of Puyallup, WA is good sh it.
wow, you must love hanging out in dealerships.

the last time I rode from NY to CA, I think I may have visited one dealership, and that was just because I _really_ needed a new tire.

I dont even remember what brand of bike they were a dealer of, now that I think about it.

one dealership was plenty for me though.

Old 04-06-2009, 04:29 AM
rydermike
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Due to lack of warranty support I'll never drop a dime in Gulfcoast HD in port ritchey,Fl and Frieze HD in O'fallon is SOOOOO0000oooo much worse today than they were in the lean early 80's

Old 04-06-2009, 09:31 AM
jake.h
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Recently, I brought my bike in for the 10,000 mile service. I told 'em they WERE going to fix the front end clunk. To make a long story short, the dealer did do a bunch of stuff: fall away, replace fluid w/ heavy duty, etc.

But when I got the bike back, it was like they deep fried the bike! Grease everywhere. Greasy hand prints on the mirrors, wheels, etc. Took me an hour to get the stuff off. Just doesn't seem right to treat a 20K+ bike that way.

Old 04-06-2009, 10:17 AM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Anaheim Fullerton Then service guys and sales guys make the dealership.

And a great Hog Chapter

Old 04-06-2009, 01:37 PM
wcc083
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

South Side Harley - Indianapolis, IN

The best. Always greated walking in the door. Parts guys treat you the same if you are buying a quart of oil or droping a grand in mods. Service dpt. always willing to help you out- tips/advice, and are upfront about pricing.

Old 04-06-2009, 02:01 PM
extech
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, some really unhappy people here. The one that really gets me though is, the tire wear guy....Do you really think your salesman knew about your claimed tire offset to match the rear tire? I must have missed that service bulletin......

Old 04-06-2009, 02:05 PM
simpkinst
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

It cracks me up to see people bitch about a business making some $$$. This is why you open a business. To make $$$. It's not for community service, or because you have nothing better to do. People put up their time and money to risk opening a business. Of course they want to make a profit. If you do not like their store, go elsewhere.

I would love for all these whinners to open up THEIR own shop. Sounds like they will give everything away for under cost.

Old 04-06-2009, 02:51 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I probably did not clarify, but this thread was meant more to be about "why does the dude wear his had off the side of his head" than about what's good and bad as there is already a thread about good and bad dealer experiences. Anyway, it is what is. Enjoy.
Bad dealer experiences
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/18877-bad-dealers-and-experiences.html

Good dealer experiences
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/18876-good-dealers-and-experiences.html

Old 04-06-2009, 04:04 PM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

I have no issues at all with my local dealer, Surdyke HD. The staff is friendly who love to shoot the breeze when they have time, have an involved owner, knowledgeable parts people, and a service writer who is a hoot. I have been in dealers that do not deserve my business, though. No rant or rave. Just don't go to them anymore.

Quick Reply: The official stealer RANT and RAVE Thread...