General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The official stealer RANT and RAVE Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 06:22 PM
RHillbilly
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Blue Springs Harley in Blue Springs Mo. did me right on my trade and new purchase also on the 1000 mile service,everybody in there is real freindly great place to do buisness with

Old 04-05-2009, 06:44 PM
jandlcars
Extreme HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pensacola HD looks nice good parts people MSC people are Exelant Rude foul mouth service manager
i Complained that made me a hostile customer they threw me out
I advertise for them FREE

Old 04-05-2009, 07:55 PM
frankjake
Road Master

I live in a small town but we did have a dealer. We have just enough people to keep them in business along with the out of town riders who stop by.

Well at least until the landlord of the building decided to try and double their rent. Yeah I know, the dealers sell stuff at very high prices, but the dealers aren't doing it, it's the MOCO who suggests those high prices. I know our local dealer also had high prices but they honestly didn't make a huge profit, basically a decent living.

Anyway, when the owner of the building decided to raise their rent, they couldn't afford to stay, so now we have to ride 75 miles to the nearest dealer and it sucks!

I kown many dealers don't have the customers best interest at heart, but some of them do. And it's a real shame when they go under. It's just hurts us riders. Now if I need a quick part, I can't just run into town and get it. I have to order it online and wait or drive 2 hours.

So my rant is that my local dealer had to close because of a greedy property owner. (the building is still unoccupied over 4 months later)

Old 04-05-2009, 08:35 PM
Ratster
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bought my bike at at Zylstra Harley Davidson in Ames, Iowa. So far, so good. They treat me well. Everyone in the place knows my name and always says hey to me when I'm there. They have been up front about everything with me so far from day one. I highly recommend them to anyone. If you happen to be traveling I-35 past Ames, take the 13th street exit and stop in. Can't miss it.

Old 04-05-2009, 08:44 PM
Red9
Road Captain

I have only one rant.

I purchased an 07 fatboy. It is my first HD. I've owned many metrics.
Like most people I did my homework, picked the bike which would do what I needed and found the colour I wanted.
What I didn't know about was the front tire offset in 07 due to the larger rear tire. Of all the information I read beforehand, I came across nothing about this.
I'm pissed the local dealer, where I purchased, didn't tell me, because now I am seeing uneven wear on the front tire. I'm also dissapointed with HD for the quick cheap fricking fix they came up with to market the bike...blows my mind.

Let me explain why.
I am the sales manager of a new vehicle dealership just a few doors from the HD dealer.
We are in a relatively small town, pop. 43,000 approx.
I pride myself in being honest with our customers. In other words if we had a model of car with a major flaw, I would not be comfortable selling it and wouldn't. Perioid. And if I had someone determined to buy it, I would tell them of the problem, making sure they at least made an informed decision. I like repeat business. I like being able to go to the local mall and not have to duck into stores to avoid angry customers.

When I mentioned this to the local HD dealer, he just shrugged it off.

He won't see another dollar from me and I'll make sure other rider's know my opinion of him should they ask.

What the hell has happened to integrity, customer service etc?
He is my local dealer. I would have bought a different model from him if he had taken the time to inform me or, I might have still chosen the fatboy. For sure, I would have sung his praise to every bike rider I meet. Instead...I'll ride to the next closest dealer for any accessories or warranty work. And more importantly, my next HD.

Lee

Old 04-05-2009, 10:10 PM
frankjake
Road Master

Hey Red, I had no idea there was an offset until I read your post. But then I don't have a Fatboy.

But like you, I would be ticked off! Since I read your post, I searched to find more about this and although they offer reasons, it doesn't matter. Something like that would drive me crazy.

I have a buddy who also owns a Fat Bob. His handlebar is off just a tiny bit. Just wasn't centered from the factory. He hasn't had it fixed yet but it drives him nuts everytime he rides. I took it for a spin and it would drive me crazy too.

I guess next time any of us buys a bike, we should ask the dealer for a list of ANY known issues.

Old 04-05-2009, 10:45 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

My dealer is Liberty HD in Akron Ohio...they are fantastic people who treat you really well. I stop in every now and then just to see what is new. Always coffee going for the customers and people milling about. Always a smile from the service people & motorclothes girls....LHD has 2 stores and I visit both.

Because of the treatment I get there I will buy all my bikes from there because I know what kind of good experience I will have after I give them my money. SO they get 2 thumbs up.

Old 04-05-2009, 10:47 PM
danmo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Only complaint of my local dealer is, my sales guy almost dumped my bike when he was giving me a once over. He went to start it and some dink put it in gear. He was PISSED because he parked it out front and put it in Neutral. Not really their fault. Everyone there is real nice.

My old local dealer use to give me no respect and never took me serious because I'm young. I never got the time of day there but my new dealer doesn't care about that.

Old 04-05-2009, 11:17 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

Reiman's Harley Davidson is Kewane Illinois is a very good place to do business. Used to be owned by the Reiman family of Harley racing fame.

Since they are in a small town, they have to be good at what they do to get sales. They have won customers from a very wide radius from their locations. The town is about 12,000 population and they sell a lot of HD's for it's size.

Old 04-05-2009, 11:57 PM
RiverWolf
Road Warrior

Doyles HD, Eugene, OR
Two thumbs up!
Sorry for some of your bad times, really.
This term "Stealer" is just f**kin dumb.
What do you want? Go to china to buy a bike?
Stealer?
Maybe some are bad dealers, so find another.
Stealers, ****! Most barely make a profit.
So use JP Cycles or something, maybe craiglist...
Ok, maybe just lucky here, but don't understand all the bitchin'.

Quick Reply: The official stealer RANT and RAVE Thread...