General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well this f#@*k'n bites

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 05:37 AM
daBreeze
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Well this f#@*k'n bites

My time to whine- i got my mri results back yesterday for my f'd up shoulder (i just had rotator cuff surgery back in october), seems I have almost completely torn it away this time with additional torn tendons, bicep muscle and some changes in bone marrow in the affected areas (along with some other sh*t i dont understand). Now I just got my new to me scoot 3 weeks ago and this time I will have surgery just in time to f-up my whole summer. Biking and fishing, my two passions. (other than my boys) are now going to be hosed for at least 3 to 4 months this time around. Sooooo, for all you old guys out there like me who like to work out and try and show up the 20-somethings , fair warning- sometimes you pay the price. (Im 52)
Well, since i have had this clipped wing reclip about a month or two ago and have been in some "fairly" intense pain, sheeeat, i will ride until my scheduled surgery on may 1 and enjoy her while I can. anyone got any cheese? peace

capn craig

Old 04-04-2009, 06:09 AM
glebo
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,071 Likes on 348 Posts

damn...that sucks. I hope it turns out good for you though when all is said and done. I think I'll stick to my work out routine....twelve ounce curls....yup, works for me.

Old 04-04-2009, 07:07 AM
Uncle Scrooge
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry to hear that. What caused this second go round?

Old 04-04-2009, 07:11 AM
7/11 The Crapshooter
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Scrooge
Sorry to hear that. What caused this second go round?
Motorcycles and that 240 pound cat fish that got away......LOL

Old 04-04-2009, 07:16 AM
dziegler
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any way of putting it off until the Fall/Winter? Had mine done in May a couple years ago and ruined the whole Summer. Since you've had the surgery before, you know just how long it takes to rehab. You're right, that sucks.

Old 04-04-2009, 07:27 AM
Shank
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i had my right shoulder done a while back and they couldnt repair it,,,done what they could though and its a lot better,,,BUT,,,your other shoulder takes up the slack ,,,and now my left one is screwed up too......so i need to go in and get that one done,,,,but im gonna wait till its cold again if i can,,,,,,gonna try to baby it,,,yep im 53 and you are totaly correct about trying to keep up with the young'uns,,,,aint worth it ,,,,i really feel for you

Old 04-04-2009, 07:51 AM
DaKrzFkr
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Both of my shoulders are messed up from work, Im a 41y/o garbage man. I've had 3 surgeies on my left one, the last one they took a piece of my clavical out and removed some ligaments, called an acromioplasti DONT LET THEM DO IT TO YOU. rehab is around 5 months for that one and in all reality your shoulder will never stop hurting after that, seeing as though you will now have a permanently seperated shoulder. I just had a slap tear repair last year (february) on the right side. Thats pretty much one of the same injuries a baseball pitcher will get. The surgery was simple enough, but the rehab...Jesus and the pain afterwards. The only thing close to the pain Ive ever had was my kidney stones.

The pain never really goes away, being as though I use them both daily for LOTS of lifting, but I think the body gets used to it after awhile and it seems almost normal,and not as bad. Neither one of my shoulders affect my riding, but I have yet to go on an extended ride.

Old 04-04-2009, 08:11 AM
sparky1
Road Captain

Sorry to hear that,hope everything turns out ok for you.

Old 04-04-2009, 08:42 AM
daBreeze
Tourer

thanx for the encouraging words all- Scrooge/7-11, i think i did it doing pull-ups of all things, but i cant be sure.

not sure about a 240 lb catfish but a 240 pound blue marlin uh-huh would certainly do it,lol.

looks like there might be some 12 oz curls in the immediate future.

i dont think i can wait until fall again due to my job. i work on submarines and aircraft carriers, lots of climbing ladders, and its not fun with the pain im in right now. those handlebars dont see to bother me at all though

capn craig

Old 04-04-2009, 08:59 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Sorry, but that certainly does bite. Here's hoping that you are at least pain free after the procedure.

Quick Reply: Well this f#@*k'n bites