General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley mastercard

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 06:24 PM
RANGER73
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 6,344 Likes on 3,188 Posts

Originally Posted by HDUltraRider
I have it it is a great card use if for everything I buy every day and then pay for it in full at the end of month so there is no interest. Used to use amex for this but decied I would use the 1% back towards stuff for the bike, have gotten a lot of chrome this way.
Get a Costco Amex card. Higher % rate 1-5% I use it for everything. Spent 20k last year got a check for $427. Exec card costs $100 per year for higher %. Then Buy what you want.

Old 05-07-2011, 08:06 PM
WolfDog
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I used to have one, we usually rack up 5-6k a month in charges, we billed evrything to it, had a boat load of chrome cash every 6 moths it was like Christmas as a kid.

Also paid bill in full every month, bill was late 1-day due to a mail delay from a holiday, i seem to remember it being a 4th of July, they hit me with an intrest charge, called and they would not budge,spoke with 3 different people including a Sr Account Manager and still no budge. had the account for 4 years and never late except once through really no fault of my own by not mailing the bill 1 day earlier.

Needless to say, I paid the intrest charge, closed my account and told them to F-Off.., they kept calling and mailing chit to me wanting me to reinstate account and again ttold them to F-Off.. Miss the chrome cash every now and then, but the wife and & I flay all over the place now for free.

Good deal if you want to take advantage of the chrome cash, i just refues to do business with them after being treated like chit......

Good luck and Ride On Dude........

Old 05-07-2011, 09:07 PM
tx-skydiver
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HDUltraRider
I have it it is a great card use if for everything I buy every day and then pay for it in full at the end of month so there is no interest. Used to use amex for this but decied I would use the 1% back towards stuff for the bike, have gotten a lot of chrome this way.
I am just like you. So far I have created enough Chrome Cash to buy a full D&D exhaust and I am just about to have enough for LED headlight and passing lamps.

Old 05-07-2011, 09:22 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

charge 2500 and get 25 dollors ant over 13 percent, get real , and all you guys pay off your balance (sure)

Old 05-07-2011, 09:49 PM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i have an american express thru costco...get 3% back on gas, restaurants, and a few other things. 2% on motels, and 1% on everything else. it is cash--not store credit. the average is right at 2% and it is real money. you are getting 1% store credit on something harley has marked up 3 times what they paid for it. if you pay the balance in full each month, american express is an excellent card.

Old 05-07-2011, 10:04 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,372 Likes on 2,544 Posts

Originally Posted by dan conner
i have an american express thru costco...get 3% back on gas, restaurants, and a few other things. 2% on motels, and 1% on everything else. it is cash--not store credit. the average is right at 2% and it is real money. you are getting 1% store credit on something harley has marked up 3 times what they paid for it. if you pay the balance in full each month, american express is an excellent card.
with the hd signature card you get 1 pt for every dollar, 2 pts at gas stations and restaurants, and 3 points for harley dealers. racks up points pretty quickly that way. and you know you are going to buy something from the dealer at some point, whether it be tires, batteries, oil filters, whatever. plus, zanotti's accepts it, as well as jon at hornytoad hd, so you're getting a cost savings over msrp, and another discount for the chrome cash.

Originally Posted by wideglidebob
charge 2500 and get 25 dollors ant over 13 percent, get real , and all you guys pay off your balance (sure)

believe what you want, but i've had the card over 5 years and have never paid a finance charge.

wolfdog, sorry for the problem that you had. i had that same thing happen to me once, but when i called them to ask about it (noticed a late charge and a finance charge on the next statement), they told me when they received it in the mail. but, they rebated me the late charge and the finance charge, and i had only had the account for about a year at that time. it was right after that, that i started making my payments electronically. never had another problem again.

Last edited by skratch; 05-07-2011 at 10:09 PM.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:51 PM
tx-skydiver
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wideglidebob
Its roughly 1% and yes...balance is paid off every month. I use mine instead of cash or debit card. I know its hard for some to believe that some folks live debt free, but it is true, friend.

Old 05-08-2011, 05:05 AM
Booey424
Grand HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I applied for that card. They denied me. And I financed my Sportster through Halrey credit and paid it off on time every month too. And they still denied me

Old 05-08-2011, 05:46 AM
tambob10
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's a link to a quick list of fees

https://applications.usbank.com/oad/...=terms&lang=en

Also, the "end of the month" payment is 24-30 days....if you make your payment just before the same day from month-to-month....."you're making a late payment".

Last edited by tambob10; 05-08-2011 at 05:50 AM. Reason: change of wording
Old 05-08-2011, 05:47 AM
_Andy_
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here in Canada the Harley card is issued through MBNA. Same basic setup for points with yours being held for up to 60 months before you'd loose them. Like most on here I use the card for all my purchases and pay the card off at the end of the month. For those with the "Sure you do" attitude about paying it off every month I'll admit that there are months that money might be short but that's what my line of credit with the same interest rate as my mortgage is for.

Quick Reply: Harley mastercard