General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biker Dies, I am lacking sympathy in this case...

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 01:17 PM
David The Hutt
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dutch110
Gotta call bullchit on that one. At least have the stones to stick around and take the beating you deserve for having such an ignorant opinion.
this isnt a case of lack of stones. i have stated my opinion on this matter, and stand by it. no waffling here.

i am simply taking the civil road and not getting into an online fight because that just makes everything worse for everyone else.

Old 04-01-2009, 01:32 PM
H20DOG
Outstanding HDF Member

I agree that most of us have done really stupid thing, regardless if it was on a bike or car or hell just doing something stupid at home. We were the lucky ones that made it though our youth.

I would bet that deep down we are all really thinking that the punishment of death for doing a wheelie may be a little severe.

The idea of young people is the feeling of immortality.

That nothing can happen to us we are too young.
Although not to get clinical our brain is not quite formed until we are at least 25 (although some a little older). Which means they do not reason very well. Young people do Stupid things; I would venture to say that the ones on this forum who have Teenagers at home would attest to that.

Old 04-01-2009, 01:36 PM
eagle56
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats it, its the last wheelie I do on my Fatboy

Dutch110
Tourer

Originally Posted by David The Hutt
this isnt a case of lack of stones. i have stated my opinion on this matter, and stand by it. no waffling here.

i am simply taking the civil road and not getting into an online fight because that just makes everything worse for everyone else.
HEY! Get back here! I'm not done with you yet! The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Crewdog151
Cruiser

Originally Posted by BigG2009FLHRC
Amen, brother there are too many bleeding hearts willing to excuse stupid behavior as long as it don't cost them anything. Makes em feel superior, I guess.
HUHHHH?????????? I agree this guy was stupid to do what he did..... BUT, He paid the price. Bleeding hearts? I think your missing the point here. Nobody is condoning this behavior. As far as feeling superior, it sounds to me like you and the op are the ones trying to feel superior. When in fact, that stance you have taken is at best, ignorant and short sighted not to mention,extremely judgmental..... Who are you to either excuse or judge anyones behavior? Tell ya what...Next time your doing something you know you probably shouldn't (speeding, takin a curve a little faster than is perfectly safe) Think about the stance you have taken here. See, weather you know it or not, your just like the rest of us, capable of making a mistake, which you have proven by making such a statement in the first place.!!!!

Old 04-01-2009, 01:43 PM
gdkenoyer
Tourer

another example of being too young and too sadly stupid (bolding mine):
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) -- Police have identified the two people killed when the motorcycle they were riding went out of control and struck the back of a van in Colorado Springs.

Lt. David Whitlock says 23-year-old Joshua Saucedo and 19-year-old Lei Mamo Alipio, both of Colorado Springs, died after Saucedo lost control of their Suzuki motorcycle about 3:30 p.m. Sunday and skidded into the rear of a Chevrolet van.

Police say Alipio was ejected while Saucedo and the motorcycle hit the van.

Investigators say both riders were wearing helmets but neither one was properly strapped, significantly contributing to the riders' injuries.

Whitlock also says Saucedo's license had been revoked, and he did not have a motorcycle endorsement.

The van driver, 47-year-old John May, wasn't hurt.

Old 04-01-2009, 01:47 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Strapped to what?

Old 04-01-2009, 02:11 PM
bobbyd3
Tourer

I always have trouble feeling bad for people who do stupid things and have bad things happen to them.

We had a kid last year who died on a very popular country bike road last year, I have traveled this road hundreds of times and so have thousands of other bikers as it leads to areas only 2 harley dealer/service shops.

I have never had any trouble on that particular curve, even doing a bit over speed limit difference was the kid was doing 120 mph on a crotch rocket. Bad as it is I dont feel sorry.

Old 04-01-2009, 02:18 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

A young person lost their life doing something stupid. We've all done stupid things. I have sorrow and sympathy for his family.

Old 04-01-2009, 02:20 PM
Stubby3492
Road Captain

Yes, its sad when someone gets killed . Do they deserve this? No, of course not, but possibly they do deserve a ticket or their license revoked. But judging from what I see sportbikers do on the streets, and some of youtube videos they post, wheelieing down busy crowded highways, etc. Even though they don't deserve to get killed, it actually doesn't surprise me that some do.... its inevitable. Its the law of averages, like rolling the dice.
If a person is not mature enough (regardless of age) to ride a potentially lethal machine responsibly, they should not be riding it. Perhaps a more severe penalty for a first stunting offence like maybe losing their license for a couple of years, may help to deter this behavior and potentially save lives.

Quick Reply: Biker Dies, I am lacking sympathy in this case...