General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biker Dies, I am lacking sympathy in this case...

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 09:42 AM
BigBill
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oldairboater
A kid loses his life on a motorcycle and some of you aren't sympathetic----that's bull****. This kid even pulling stupid crap like all kids do has a family and friends who now have a hole in their life caused by his needless death. If every time we did something stupid it was a the cost of our own lives then no one would be here. .

said better than I could, Never thought I'd see 30. How I lived this long is truly amazing.
RIP, thoughts and prayers for the family.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:44 AM
carpetride
Elite HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

When you ride a motorcycle, injury or death could be waiting just around the next corner. You accept the risk. This guy wanted to show off, pushed his limits and paid the price. It's a sad thing. I'm glad nobody else was hurt by his foolishness.

Last edited by carpetride; 04-01-2009 at 09:46 AM.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:53 AM
rh8234
Elite HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

When I was a teenager, I remember my dad telling me that he doubted I'd live to age 21 because I was always doing crazy $hit. I remember saying " why would I want to live to 21"? I crashed bikes many times doing wheelies and burn-outs and just acting like a crazy immortal kid. I have no idea how I have lived so long. Just dumb luck I suppose. My heart goes out to the poor kid that was not as lucky as I was. And I feel for his family and friends that are dealing with the tragic end to a recless kids life. God rest his soul

Old 04-01-2009, 10:01 AM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

WOW! I think this is absolutely tragic. Like others have said, I too did my fair share of crazy things, and I'm damn lucky to be here today. God or his angels were certainly protecting many of us, for some unknown reason. The old saying "There but for the grace of God, go I"....is certainly applicable to many of us here. The kid was only 19 years old! And some of you are passing judgment on him like he deserved this. I'm saddened to think that we've become so callous that we can't grieve at the loss of another, even if the mistakes that caused this tragic loss were his own. Prayers sent. I'm reminded of the addage, "Yesterday is gone, and there is nothing you can do about it. Tomorrow may never come, so don't worry about it. But TODAY is a gift, that's why they call it the present." Our gift of "today" may be taken at any time, and when it is, it doesn't really matter what caused it. It's over.

Last edited by bigskyhd; 04-01-2009 at 10:08 AM.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:07 AM
cowboy1
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rockindaddy
I did a lot of stupid things when I was young that should have got me killed. It's always sad to me when a young person's life is cut short.
This is exactly what I was going to write...agreed...it's sad anytime a younster dies...

Old 04-01-2009, 10:16 AM
streeteagle
Club Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Harley_Dude
There must be
A guardian angel
Or some kind of destiny we have
'Cos we should have died
A long time ago
The way that we were livin' in our paths

Everybody Get Dangerous - Weezer
Speaking of guardian angels, I feel I have one. I used to routinely run my '68 GTO 140 MPH on Rt 66 in my area, totally blasted most of the time. In a way that was more stupid than what that kid did. If you believe in predestination, when it's your time, that's it.

Old 04-01-2009, 10:16 AM
jjlefty51
Road Warrior

At that age we were too young to see the risk. I know I am fortunate to have not had my life ended like his and I count my blessings daily. Like any gamble if you know when to walk away from the table you can keep most of your money. Unfortunately a gambler doesn't always know when to fold.

Old 04-01-2009, 10:49 AM
Vatorman
Tourer

Originally Posted by petemac
At 19 you think you're bullet proof and will live forever. Sometimes kids learn the hard way that you're not and you don't. I feel bad for his parents getting that news.
I agree. Sometimes I can't believe I made it to this age.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:20 AM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

We have all done stupid stuff...Young and old. I think we tend to stop or at least slow down doing this crap when we get older, cause, frankly, it just hurts more.

This was simply a case of a young lad doing something we are all guilty of .. showing off .. Sadly, this time cost him his life. Even at that age, we all know the risks involved, but somehow our sense of right and wrong gets tangled up with our hormones that make us feel that we are 10' tall and bullet proof. Stupid move ... of course it is....but it is still sad to hear when someone actually loses their life...especially when it involves a 'kid'.

Shame on those of you who feel the need to rub salt on such a calamity.
Prayers to his family and friends.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:37 AM
SuperglideKen
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I too remember doing Dumm a$$ things like doing wheelies through intersection and breaking 150 MPH on my croach rocket several times. I about bought it once or twice trying to impress people with it. I finally saw the light and sold it. Now I just putt around and try to look cool. I do get a kick out of watching these rocket bike blow by me. I also feel for the family. Way to young to go. RIP

Quick Reply: Biker Dies, I am lacking sympathy in this case...