General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biker Dies, I am lacking sympathy in this case...

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 09:00 AM
RACKnRAIL
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by David The Hutt
i hear what you are saying. i am not suggesting that we all cheer for the death... but there is a thing called "personal responsibility", and "consequences for your actions"

There's also a thing called being a kid with high levels of testosterone to contend with. I had a 2-stroke 400 when I was that kids age, and yes, I popped wheelies all the time. I am glad I survived those years. I feel saddened that he did not. I'm sure you were a perfect angel when you were his age.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:00 AM
nskitts
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I took a lot of chances when I was young as well, but I made it out alive. Some don't. So sorry to hear of any young person's life cut short due to bein' young.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:11 AM
Savagehenry
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It always makes me mad to see this kind of jackass behavior on the public way (wheelies on crowded urban freeways, etc). I guess the thrill that 'danger seekers' seek cannot be had without the risk of real danger. Too bad he gambled and lost this time, but at least he didn't cartwheel the wreck into anybody else. My heart goes out to the family -but I can't help but think you reap what you sow.

*disclaimer: yeah, I've put myself in stupid situations where I could have been killed, but as with anything, the key is moderation.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:13 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

At 19 you think you're bullet proof and will live forever. Sometimes kids learn the hard way that you're not and you don't. I feel bad for his parents getting that news.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:14 AM
BigGdawg
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by alame
we were all young and stupid once, maybe a couple of times, guess we who are still around today either got lucky or grew up, in any event it is unfortunate this lad lost his life
I've been luckier than most. Survived a pretty back munching on I20 by an out of control SUV that totaled the bike and kept me in hospital 5 weeks and lived to ride another H-D.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:17 AM
57RebelRocker
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

at that age I had a big s on my chest and thought I was invincible....its all fun and games til someone gets hurt...still he was a fellow rider...RIP

Old 04-01-2009, 09:19 AM
BigGdawg
Club Member

Originally Posted by David The Hutt
i hear what you are saying. i am not suggesting that we all cheer for the death... but there is a thing called "personal responsibility", and "consequences for your actions"

Yes, but I'm old enough to know that the $#!+ never seems to hit the malefactor - it almost always gets another guy. This case maybe - maybe - fate coincided with itself and got the right guy. I still feel sorry for the kid's parents.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:25 AM
Harley_Dude
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

There must be
A guardian angel
Or some kind of destiny we have
'Cos we should have died
A long time ago
The way that we were livin' in our paths

Everybody Get Dangerous - Weezer

Old 04-01-2009, 09:31 AM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member

A kid loses his life on a motorcycle and some of you aren't sympathetic----that's bull****. This kid even pulling stupid crap like all kids do has a family and friends who now have a hole in their life caused by his needless death. If every time we did something stupid it was a the cost of our own lives then no one would be here. The only saving grace is that his stupid, youthful antics didn't kill someone else in the process. When I read this judgemental crap that crosses a line between guess what I seen to oh well he was asking for it---I get disgusted. This thread would have been better served wrote and titled --A 19 year old acting foolishly was killed while doing a stupid stunt wearing his safety gear and hopefully this will be a reminder to others to consider your actions.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:32 AM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you play, you pay, enough said.

Quick Reply: Biker Dies, I am lacking sympathy in this case...