General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bike parking Ban!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 03:33 PM
slider1612
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wecroft
I guess it could be worse, but only if you tossed in a Methodone clinic. I'll bet you'd bitch about the business complaining about used needles being tossed in the street.
What??????

Old 03-31-2009, 04:01 PM
BIMC Stinger
Cruiser

Are we really wasting over 6 pages of posts over RI parking spaces? Wow.....

Old 03-31-2009, 06:46 PM
ELECTRICMONKEY
Cruiser

If it happened in your area you would be concerned. It's coming soon throughout the US

Old 03-31-2009, 08:13 PM
D6CS
Tourer

I tell you all what really pi$$e$ me off is I from time to time get trashed for "Noise", But I have never seen a traffic stop nor No Parking for the "I really need 20,000 watts of stereo in my Nissian". Believe it.. the other day a car parked next to a 7-11 was vibrating the stores windows.. everybody thought it was cool, Personally "Stupid is as Stupid Does"

Old 03-31-2009, 08:18 PM
hondaherb
Road Captain

With over 30 years of riding and touring, I've only encountered 3 places that are anti bikes. Number 1 was Hilton Head NC, bikes are not allowed on many of the tourist areas and looked down upon in others...#2 New Orleans LA bikes are not allowed to park in most of the local parking lots, they have big signs "bikes not allowed" we had to park on the street, and at 3:00PM the parking lanes become traffic lanes. #3 The Western mountain area of Virginia. We stayed in a resort area and couldn't have the bikes anywhere butfrom the gate to our condo. Other than these 3 places we have been welcomed with open arms (I guess they want our money)

Old 03-31-2009, 09:11 PM
bigmikaele
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I guess I am stupid because I don't understand a law that makes it illegal to park a legal motor vehicle in a legal parking spot (tractor-trailer rigs on streets that were not designed to accommodate them aside). But to say that the residents that boarder the shops made most of the complaints because they couldn't sleep = ban all motorcycles doesn't seem right. I have cars that live in my complex that have mufflers that are louder then my bike. I would guess if they ran up and down the street with their stereo's blaring that the city would not likewise ban parking cars there. And if the main complaint was because people had to use ear plugs to sleep, why not enforce noise restrictions after a certain hour? How disturbing is a bike in the middle of noon-day traffic? Still can't park though, seems excessive. And as a guy that has defended the flag for 23 years I feel if the roads are designed to accommodate my vehicle and my bike does not cause people to have to wear ear plugs to sleep. I should be able to ride it anywhere that the flag I carry on my shoulder flies. Don't think people were too put out when they were sleeping soundly in their beds (ear plugs or not) while I went days without sleep, in the cold, rain, mud, snow through holidays, family birthdays, anniversaries, etc. warming my hands with a can of sterno... For those that haven't been there, your welcome by the way!

Just don't agree with it, but then that's my right.

Last edited by bigmikaele; 03-31-2009 at 09:14 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:25 PM
l.ray
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shimmon
i could care less being woken up by a motorcycle or a hot rod... I would probably hang out my window and give em a "hell yeah"
Here's your sign!

Attached Images