General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shop/Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 04:19 PM
Serg06
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shop/Tuner

Can anyonbe recomend a known quality tuner in SoCal. I'm having pining issue's and I was told it may be a timing issue. So I am looking for a tuner that you guy's may have used and have had great results. I'm in the Valencia Ca area. Any suggestion would be great. Thank you.

Old 03-30-2009, 05:41 PM
papadop88
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought an SEST this weekend and will be taking it to the dyno next weekend to have it tuned. My dealer uses a shop in Canoga park that does Harley tuning and dyno'ing. I obviously haven't used him yet, so I can't speak from experience but my buddy said they send all their customers there and no one has had a complaint about his tuning.

I think its called Dyno Dave's (not sure cuz I have his card at home). I will have an experience with his shop this weekend and I'll let you know how it went.

Also, a great indy shop is County Line Cycles in Simi Valley. The shop is clean and they do top notch work.

Old 04-06-2009, 11:32 AM
papadop88
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So i got my SEST and dyno this weekend. I was running lean in the lowers and waaay to rich in the upper RPMs so he made the adjustments. The bike now runs like a bat out of hell.

Got rid of most of the decel pop and you can hear the bike runs smoother, even at idle. I gained 9 hp, 11 tq...SAE smoothing, not STD.

We didn't spend too long on the dyno, about 1hr and a half, so its not perfect, but its where I want it to be without spending an arm and a leg. Also he runs a deal that if you're referred to him by my dealership, it'll only cost you $100 for the dyno. He also said it won't run as hot now.

He's pretty good, Dyno Dave on Canoga Ave, if you're interested...let me know and I'll give you his address. He also said, that if anything is wrong with my bike, check engine light comes on etc, I can always bring it in and he'll plug it in and see whats wrong free of charge. The beauty of having a SEST. Takes 3 mins to figure out whats wrong with the bike. He's a stand up guy. Been doing dynos for years and nobody at my dealership has ever said anything bad about his tunes.