General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New American Thunder - TV Show

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 09:02 AM
carlo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by wolfshead1
Met Michelle last yr. at a bike meet her clothing display was next to my hat display.I had watched the show occasionally and she was great to talk to.I found her down to earth and was a biker.I saw her up close with no makeup on hot dusty days she is as beautiful next to you as she is on TV.Her clothing line is Tribal Country I think.
I liked her on the old show all so. There was some thing about her good looking lady not a kid. Seamed down to earth could interview any body from a little kid to a big bad looking Bike Bulider. Hope she still part of the show. Would like to see more of the full Harley line from Sporties-Tri Glides the full line. old and new

Old 04-02-2009, 10:02 AM
King FLH
Road Captain
Received 39 Likes on 14 Posts

Speedchannel sucks anymore anyway. How many times are they gonna show all those stupid Pinks shows. And the biggest joke is when they have Michael Waltrip sittin around talking about NASCAR like he's some kinda expert. He can't even buy a win. And f&^ing hard on pill commercials every five minutes. Real nice when your watching something with your 12 year old daughter. ********.

Old 04-02-2009, 10:03 AM
cowboy1
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Underwhelming is the only work I can think of but heck I have tevo so I'll keep recording it and watch it when there is nothing better to do...

Old 04-02-2009, 10:36 AM
Bluzmn59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Doesn't sound like anything I need to worry about seeing.

Old 04-02-2009, 11:16 AM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

They either need to bring back Michelle and the "twins" or hook up the new girl. The guy lost his personality somewhere in route to filming the show.

Old 04-02-2009, 12:53 PM
hdstreetglide08
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Boring............
Heck, I made it all the way to the second commercial break before I turned it off. Don't care anything about skateboards or show bikes. I would rather see real bikes that people actually ride and maybe places to go.

Old 04-02-2009, 02:13 PM
Regis
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What they need is to format it after 'My Classic Car' with Dennis Gage. You can tell Dennis is a true gearhead. He's readily accepted by whoever he's interviewing and you can tell that he's knowledgeable about the cars. I haven't seen the new 'American Thunder', but from what it sounds like, I'll pass. It's amazing how easily stuff passes from being special to being just part of the MSM or Main Stream Media. It's dumbed down, watered down and has tons of stupid commercials.

They should put some people in that are REAL enthusiasts. A really good show doesn't need T&A to entertain (though it's nice, it's a distraction). If it was my show, I'd be going to a different Independent shop each week and hanging out, looking at the projects, talking to the customers and guys that come in. My local shop never stops amazing me, with what comes in. One of the guys (who's had serious wrist surgery) has a rigid pan, with a hand shifter and a foot clutch. I learned that the foot clutch didn't have a return spring, so that he could leave it 'out' at the stoplight, while on a hill. It was some kind of vintage design from back in the day. We spent a good twenty minutes checking out his bike. He also had Chevy valve springs for seat springs as he told me the regular kind of seat springs can break. So I learned a whole lot from this guy and it was great tour.

BTW, this wasn't a bar-hopper. He's been to Phoenix AZ three times on it from SoCal and it is a very simple, subdued bike (not the usual 'how much color and glitz can you fit on one motorcycle before it starts to look really stupid). Just my 25 cents worth!

Old 04-02-2009, 04:25 PM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 350 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by King FLH
Speedchannel sucks anymore anyway. How many times are they gonna show all those stupid Pinks shows. And the biggest joke is when they have Michael Waltrip sittin around talking about NASCAR like he's some kinda expert. He can't even buy a win. And f&^ing hard on pill commercials every five minutes. Real nice when your watching something with your 12 year old daughter. ********.
Outside of Dave Despain's "Wind Tunnel," it's a NASCAR marathon of crap. When I heard Colby from Survivor was one of the hosts for the new American Thunder, I wanted to puke. I've briefly met both Jay and Michelle and they appear to be stand-up individuals who actually like motorcycles. I never ragged on the old show - Yes, too many commercials, but I found some value in each show I watched. If the old American Thunder show was better than nothing, then the new show is nothing...

Old 04-02-2009, 04:25 PM
JDSski
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thought it sucked. I'll give it a few more chances, figure it's the first show.

So Jay is teaching trying to teach Charity how to ride a bike? Why not just hire Natalie Jackson, she rides (so did Michelle).

eh, we'll see.

Old 04-02-2009, 04:34 PM
cowboy1
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 1st one was bad and it even made me miss OCC...Biker Build Off was a better show and Build or Bust was even better. Michelle was an asswipe and if you met her in person her personality was as brutal as he face. I'll give it a chance to see if it gets better...worst case is it takes up Tevo space until I delete it...beats the heck out of the 30 minute Kuryakin commercial...

Quick Reply: New American Thunder - TV Show