General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Over the Hill

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 06:51 PM
Tripped1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dbleagle
Sounds like a commercial... B/S... but sounds good...

One other thing I would ask... Why are you on the H-D forum... Oh... never mind, I thought of it... you're in the denial stage...

Charlie D.
Not denial. Actually I log in here fairly often just to look at some of the custom bikes, like yours. There are a number of them on here that I keep track of. Like Mimo's Fatboy, it's gorgeous.

Look at them, mind you, simply put it isn't my ride, and no it's not simply money I could have gotten a slightly used softail or a new dyna for what I paid for my new bike.

I've owned a 74 Sportster and a 76 FLT, I've owned almost all sportbikes since then. I have my Triple for distance and my Daytona for the track. Likewise, my ex had an ultra and a sportster I spent a fair amount of time on both of them.

Call it what you will. I ride most of the year. I never "take my bikes down" for the winter. I didn't in Chicago, I don't here near Philly. Trust this, if I wanted a Harley, I'd have one.

Old 04-03-2009, 06:59 PM
Tripped1
Tourer

Originally Posted by leicafish
Thanks for your thoughts, but your commnets are as relavant as the recent these recent articles. Enjoy your ride and I stick with HD. I just don't understand why you are on this board.

Ahh see. This is the openmindedness that is the reason that a lot of guys that I know don't like about your precious Iron Steed. I was merely posting a counterpoint.

I've actually owned a couple (admittedly AMCs) and I use this board as a reference to help friends FIX their Harleys, and keep them from paying $120/hr at the local stealers. A wrench is a wrench and a bike is bike, but sometimes A picture of cable routing or where the hell something fell off of is handy, and there is postive ****load on good tech floating around on this board.

I wasn't knocking your ride, or even the riders.

But hey, It's an open board, and no where in the TOS does it state that I must own or worship a Harley to view or post here. So deal with it. Everyone DOES NOT see Harley Davison as the be all end of all of the motorcycle universe. I buy my bikes for performance, not looks (my Triple is butt ugly always has been), not sound, but what I can do with it and how easy it is to do with it.

Old 04-03-2009, 07:07 PM
SportsterBob
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tripped1
Ahh see. This is the openmindedness that is the reason that a lot of guys that I know don't like about your precious Iron Steed. I was merely posting a counterpoint.

I've actually owned a couple (admittedly AMCs) and I use this board as a reference to help friends FIX their Harleys, and keep them from paying $120/hr at the local stealers. A wrench is a wrench and a bike is bike, but sometimes A picture of cable routing or where the hell something fell off of is handy, and there is postive ****load on good tech floating around on this board.

I wasn't knocking your ride, or even the riders.

But hey, It's an open board, and no where in the TOS does it state that I must own or worship a Harley to view or post here. So deal with it. Everyone DOES NOT see Harley Davison as the be all end of all of the motorcycle universe. I buy my bikes for performance, not looks (my Triple is butt ugly always has been), not sound, but what I can do with it and how easy it is to do with it.
Riding a motorcycle is about CHOICE! I won't condemn you for your choice but I do find it interesting that you come into THIS environment to justify that choice!!!!

You won't find us in the "latest and greatest" sportbike "ring-ding" forum stirring the pot!

I used to be a rice-jockey trashing H-D's.....I grew up!

Old 04-03-2009, 07:21 PM
Tripped1
Tourer

Originally Posted by SportsterBob
Riding a motorcycle is about CHOICE! I won't condemn you for your choice but I do find it interesting that you come into THIS environment to justify that choice!!!!

You won't find us in the "latest and greatest" sportbike "ring-ding" forum stirring the pot!

I used to be a rice-jockey trashing H-D's.....I grew up!
I didn't put the thread up.

You would actually be suprised how many threads so pop up about it the virtues of sportbikes and cruisers. I didn't just come here. It's not like I posted over 100 posts last night.

It wasn't justification, I have no need to, it was explanation. There is a flip side of every coin. But apparently many don't want to hear it.

Old 04-03-2009, 07:37 PM
Minnesota FXDF
Cruiser

I don't doubt that HD will have to change some things going forward, but to say that just because a large percent of the young buyers are going import it's all doom and gloom is BS.

There is another thread called 'How many bikes have you had in your lifetime': https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...-lifetime.html.

If you read the posts a great many people started out on metric bikes (I did). Sure, in some cases it was dirt bikes or small cc bikes for kids, but not always. I have owned street bikes (sport and sport/tour) from all four of the major Japanese manufactures. I guess I "outgrew" the sport bike thing. I don't hate them and I still have friends that ride sport bikes but it is shifting. I also have friends on cruiser bikes that tell me my Dyna with mid controls is still a sport bike

Old 04-03-2009, 08:00 PM
SportsterBob
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tripped1
I didn't put the thread up.

You would actually be suprised how many threads so pop up about it the virtues of sportbikes and cruisers. I didn't just come here. It's not like I posted over 100 posts last night.

It wasn't justification, I have no need to, it was explanation. There is a flip side of every coin. But apparently many don't want to hear it.
Many don't agree with it......The perfect environment to argue within!

Ride On! Don't forget to stick around! It's always a pleasure to exchange viewpoints!

Old 04-03-2009, 08:04 PM
flylock
Tourer

Screw it, let's ride.

Old 04-03-2009, 08:43 PM
Tripped1
Tourer

Originally Posted by Minnesota FXDF
I don't doubt that HD will have to change some things going forward, but to say that just because a large percent of the young buyers are going import it's all doom and gloom is BS.

There is another thread called 'How many bikes have you had in your lifetime': https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...-lifetime.html.

I posted in that thread. My two Harleys were steet bikes 3 and 4 after I crunched up my ZX-9 rebuilt it, sold it, and went on a classic kick for a couple years there.

Old 04-03-2009, 08:45 PM
Tripped1
Tourer
Talking

Originally Posted by flylock
Screw it, let's ride.
Haha yeah that's more the ticket.

Old 04-03-2009, 08:47 PM
Vatorman
Tourer

HD needs work in the young dept. I love my new bike but it is definitely not available to someone starting out.

WE are HD lovers need to encourage new riders.

Quick Reply: Harley Over the Hill