General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warning New Threat : Drunk Bicyclists

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 06:44 PM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ride a mountain bike in the woods during hunting season. Across fields, up and down ridges, across creeks and sometimes if I'm lucky and the huntin' Gods smile on me...with a deer strapped to it, while wearing a pack with my gear, a backquiver and a longbow. In boots and camo. That count? I'm still just a young 54 but I'm not gonna ride a bicycle in traffic.

Old 03-24-2009, 06:46 PM
JerryGarcia4295
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BobStreetBob
You still here? shoo...go away...
yeah wouldn't want a voice of reason on the topic

Old 03-24-2009, 06:48 PM
JerryGarcia4295
Cruiser

I ride a mountain bike in the woods during hunting season. Across fields, up and down ridges, across creeks and sometimes if I'm lucky and the huntin' Gods smile on me...with a deer strapped to it, while wearing a pack with my gear, a backquiver and a longbow. In boots and camo. That count? I'm still just a young 54 but I'm not gonna ride a bicycle in traffic.
Up hill both ways

Old 03-24-2009, 06:49 PM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member

yeah,,,that's what it is.

Old 03-24-2009, 06:51 PM
mcrider1
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Maybe you could post some of your hunting photos. I'd like to see a picture of you riding a deer on a bicycle.

Last edited by mcrider1; 03-24-2009 at 06:52 PM. Reason: punctuation
Old 03-24-2009, 06:58 PM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by mcrider1
Maybe you could post some of your hunting photos. I'd like to see a picture of you riding a deer on a bicycle.
Maybe you can kiss my azz.

Old 03-24-2009, 07:07 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,357 Likes on 2,536 Posts

one thing that some of you bikers (non motorized types) seem to conveniently forget is that there is a big difference between a motorcycle going 5 mph under the speed limit vs a bicycle going 45 mph under the limit. yeah, okay, i come upon a group of mcs doing less than i want to, i wait until it is safe to pass then i do so. i come upon a group of bicyclists hogging the road, and they will even attempt to keep you from passing when it is safe. i've had them even go into the oncoming lane (a 2 lane road) to keep me from passing. thats just plain arrogance, and stupidity.

a lot of places, if you are impeding traffic flow like this, the law states that you are to pull over and let traffic pass and then you can continue on your merry little way. i've seen cars towing trailers do that, but never a bicyclist. wonder why?

Old 03-24-2009, 07:26 PM
JerryGarcia4295
Cruiser

Originally Posted by skratch
one thing that some of you bikers (non motorized types) seem to conveniently forget is that there is a big difference between a motorcycle going 5 mph under the speed limit vs a bicycle going 45 mph under the limit. yeah, okay, i come upon a group of mcs doing less than i want to, i wait until it is safe to pass then i do so. i come upon a group of bicyclists hogging the road, and they will even attempt to keep you from passing when it is safe. i've had them even go into the oncoming lane (a 2 lane road) to keep me from passing. thats just plain arrogance, and stupidity.

a lot of places, if you are impeding traffic flow like this, the law states that you are to pull over and let traffic pass and then you can continue on your merry little way. i've seen cars towing trailers do that, but never a bicyclist. wonder why?
First of all ... bull**** they pull into the passing lane to prevent you from passing ... let me guess this happened once in your life and you are going to use it as an example of the norm. I have been riding bikes for YEARS and no one I ride with and no one I even know who rides would even consider this even if the person was a tailgating *******. Think about it ... your life is literally in danger on a bicycle. I HAVE pulled over on many occasions to let cars go by if the traffic is heavy ... we generally stay on back roads to avoid just such a problem, but you guys bitch about that too. Face it ... most of what all of you are bitchin about is the fact that you are in a big ****ing hurry and 5 extra minutes is juz killin you. I'm amazed people are willing to risk killin someone because they can't take 5 friggin minutes longer to get somewhere ... seriously how many times have bicycle riders cost you more than 5 minutes of your day other than the hours you spend bitchin about em? The thing you guys don't understand about "hogging the road" on a bicycle is that it's done out of self preservation ... if we could stay to the right and people wouldn't put our lives in danger passing us then we would do it.

... and there is NO difference between a scoot doing 5 or 10 mph slower than you want to go and a bicycle doing 45 less than you want to go ... you pass when it's safe to pass ... and it takes less time and distance to pass the one doing 45 under so chill out and pass when it's safe ... again, I can't believe I'm having this conversation w/ people who ride motorcycles.

Last edited by JerryGarcia4295; 03-24-2009 at 07:29 PM.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:30 PM
JerryGarcia4295
Cruiser

Maybe you can kiss my azz.
LOL ... I think I'd like to see that picture too ... anyone who would brag about the ability to do it has certainly taken pictures of it ... pry has video w/ a "born to be wild" sound track to boot.

Old 03-24-2009, 07:39 PM
lonesome wex
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Ratster
When I'm in my cage, bicyclists cause me more problems in one week than so called drunken Tour de Pirates on motorcycles have caused me in a lifetime. I have never been held up by a group of bikers, drunk or otherwise. As usual, I think the bicyclists are getting way over sensitive about hearing the truth. I am serious. Today it is raining, but if the weather were like it was about 48 hours ago, I could take you out on George Carver Avenue heading north out of Ames, Iowa, and I guarantee you, that you would find traffic backed up in not one, but probably both lanes at some point in the next 4 miles. Blocked by bicyclists that ride two and usually three abreast. These azzoles do not string out, and are more than willing to put others at risk to ride on a two lane road with only gravel shoulders, and no bike path. Meanwhile, the bike paths throughout the county and the city that cost millions to build, sit unused. Fu@k them, I wish them nothing but pissed off dogs chasing them and a flat tire, maybe two. Have a nice day!
But bicyclists are oh so Green and environmentally friendly. They think they own the roads here in Florida because of that. I'd love to knock a few down.

Quick Reply: Warning New Threat : Drunk Bicyclists