General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warning New Threat : Drunk Bicyclists

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 02:04 PM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by JerryGarcia4295
ok ... if you really wanna go down that path ... skewls are mostly paid for w/ property tax ... if someone doesn't have kids then they don't have to pay it. I'm all for registering bicycles like you say ... then you have to stay behind me until it's safe to pass, I can ride right in the middle of the road like a car and no one can say a damn thing - is that what you want?. Truckers pay more to use the road, so motorcycles take a back seat. Oh and if you want to register bicycles then let's make sure motorcycles never have anything other than stock exhaust ... and let's mandate full face helmets and full leathers for all riders ... be careful how much you hate another person's hobby if you don't want the same respect in return.
After enough of you bicyclers get bumped and bruised you'll be beggin to get back on your bike paths.....just make sure your insurance is paid up, and you can keep up with traffic.

Old 03-23-2009, 02:10 PM
Nay_Nay73
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

first i'm sorry your bro got hurt! second i see bicyclists drinking all the time!! have you ever parked in a grocery parking lot and sat in your car waiting for someone? You'll see a lot of guys mostly emptying their water or cranberry bottles and pouring Vodka in them!!! the other day I was sitting in the local Chinese fast food joint and a man pulled up on his bike and parked it right outside the window I was at and you could clearly see he had beer in his water bottle!! either that or his apple juice had some seriuos head!!!
the thing is no one thinks twice to pay attention if bike riders are drunk or not.
be careful regardless of what kind of fools are around you! that's how i ride!

Old 03-23-2009, 03:18 PM
PPBART
Elite HDF Member
Received 143 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by sage954
So spread the word, watch out for drunk bycyclists. Don't let your friends ride their bicycle's drunk.

I am joking around but I am seriously pissed that one drunk semi homeless POS has caused my brother all this pain, and caused such havoc. I would really like to strangle the chit out of him.

I have a daughter living in Seattle and so we visit there at least a couple of times each year. There are a lot of bicyclists there and some significant number get together on the last Friday of each month for what's called a "Critical Mass" ride. Some months ago, some of that group turned violent and beat up a cager when he attempted to pull out of a parking spot as the 100(+/-) cyclists were riding by. A few in the group blocked the car from moving, and started banging on it. The driver tried again to slowly back out but then he bumped a cyclist, further enraging the group who then responded by shattering the windshield and back window, slashing tires and punching the driver through his open window. The cager got out of his car (why?) -- then someone bashed him in the back of the head. By the time the LEOs arrived, the cager was injured enough that he was taken to the hospital.

Seems like the New Age kooks in Seattle (I like the city, but there really are some space cadets there...) should learn some of the rules of common courtesy for group rides.

I wonder if they would have been so mean to a few Harley riders who just wanted to share the road...(?)

Old 03-23-2009, 04:00 PM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by PPBART
I have a daughter living in Seattle and so we visit there at least a couple of times each year. There are a lot of bicyclists there and some significant number get together on the last Friday of each month for what's called a "Critical Mass" ride. Some months ago, some of that group turned violent and beat up a cager when he attempted to pull out of a parking spot as the 100(+/-) cyclists were riding by. A few in the group blocked the car from moving, and started banging on it. The driver tried again to slowly back out but then he bumped a cyclist, further enraging the group who then responded by shattering the windshield and back window, slashing tires and punching the driver through his open window. The cager got out of his car (why?) -- then someone bashed him in the back of the head. By the time the LEOs arrived, the cager was injured enough that he was taken to the hospital.

Seems like the New Age kooks in Seattle (I like the city, but there really are some space cadets there...) should learn some of the rules of common courtesy for group rides.

I wonder if they would have been so mean to a few Harley riders who just wanted to share the road...(?)
Mobs can get ugly. The cager, once his vehicle was hit, should have just pulled on out and run over a few of the bicyclists. Self preservation. Guaranteed they would have let him out then, and they wouldn't pull that chickensh!t stuff again!

Last edited by glideridemike; 03-23-2009 at 04:03 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:48 PM
Apex Rider
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This might fit in.

Attached Thumbnails Warning New Threat : Drunk Bicyclists-drunkdriver.jpg  
Old 03-24-2009, 06:48 AM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Apex Rider
This might fit in.

LOL

Originally Posted by JerryGarcia4295
... be careful how much you hate another person's hobby if you don't want the same respect in return.
Yep, you're right, just remember the image....

Last edited by glideridemike; 03-24-2009 at 06:50 AM.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:16 AM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok...I gotta chime in here..
I live in NC and I run into these bicyclists all the time around North Raliegh and around Falls Lake areas..like Wake Forest and other "yuppie snob" areas... They are sometimes 4 abreast and 30 deep behind them..all in flourescent gay attire...spandex that's bright and purty... All skin tight for wind resistance I guess...although they are never going more then ten miles an hour... Plastic colored turtle shells on thier heads...hogging the road with an attitude like they own it. They are a problem. To cars and motorcyles. And I'd really like to smack the doo doo out of them all. I hate yuppie scum. They never slow me down for long..I'll plow right thru them idiots.
The drunk on the bike that caused the OP's friend to get hurt needs his nuts cut off.

Old 03-24-2009, 07:25 AM
mcrider1
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I had no idea that such a large part of our population is so ignorant.

Old 03-24-2009, 07:37 AM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mcrider1
I had no idea that such a large part of our population is so ignorant.
Yep...mostly bicycle riders that get thier feelings hurt easily.

Old 03-24-2009, 07:56 AM
Haulen Ass
Former Sponsor
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about your bro and hope he gets better and doesnt miss out on too much riding. That's why I also ride my mt bike in the woods.

Quick Reply: Warning New Threat : Drunk Bicyclists