General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warning New Threat : Drunk Bicyclists

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 10:31 AM
Ratster
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I'm in my cage, bicyclists cause me more problems in one week than so called drunken Tour de Pirates on motorcycles have caused me in a lifetime. I have never been held up by a group of bikers, drunk or otherwise. As usual, I think the bicyclists are getting way over sensitive about hearing the truth. I am serious. Today it is raining, but if the weather were like it was about 48 hours ago, I could take you out on George Carver Avenue heading north out of Ames, Iowa, and I guarantee you, that you would find traffic backed up in not one, but probably both lanes at some point in the next 4 miles. Blocked by bicyclists that ride two and usually three abreast. These azzoles do not string out, and are more than willing to put others at risk to ride on a two lane road with only gravel shoulders, and no bike path. Meanwhile, the bike paths throughout the county and the city that cost millions to build, sit unused. Fu@k them, I wish them nothing but pissed off dogs chasing them and a flat tire, maybe two. Have a nice day!

Old 03-23-2009, 10:48 AM
JerryGarcia4295
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

People say similar things about your loud motorcycle and motorcycles that rip down the residential streets at 60 mph ... be careful about taking away other people's past times because they might come for yours next.

Originally Posted by Ratster
When I'm in my cage, bicyclists cause me more problems in one week than so called drunken Tour de Pirates on motorcycles have caused me in a lifetime. I have never been held up by a group of bikers, drunk or otherwise. As usual, I think the bicyclists are getting way over sensitive about hearing the truth. I am serious. Today it is raining, but if the weather were like it was about 48 hours ago, I could take you out on George Carver Avenue heading north out of Ames, Iowa, and I guarantee you, that you would find traffic backed up in not one, but probably both lanes at some point in the next 4 miles. Blocked by bicyclists that ride two and usually three abreast. These azzoles do not string out, and are more than willing to put others at risk to ride on a two lane road with only gravel shoulders, and no bike path. Meanwhile, the bike paths throughout the county and the city that cost millions to build, sit unused. Fu@k them, I wish them nothing but pissed off dogs chasing them and a flat tire, maybe two. Have a nice day!

Old 03-23-2009, 11:17 AM
Ratster
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by JerryGarcia4295
People say similar things about your loud motorcycle and motorcycles that rip down the residential streets at 60 mph ... be careful about taking away other people's past times because they might come for yours next.
I wasn't trying or suggesting to take away anything from anyone. I was merely pointing out fact. At least what you say about the loud bikes (I assume Harleys) and the ones that rip down residential streets at 60 mph ( I assume you mean rice rockets) are indeed fact. I accept that. I was merely pointing out that they are azzoles, like me. Difference is, I accept fact. Yes my bike is loud, and I am an azzole. The bicyclists here on the otherhand, choose to ignore the fact they are azzoles and the resourses that many of us other taxpayers voted down to pay for, but they went ahead and built for them anyway. So, are we clear now?

Old 03-23-2009, 11:26 AM
midlife rider
Tourer

Agree 100% ... I too ride both motored and pedaled 2 wheeled vehicles ... I can't believe the hate I'm reading here for bicyclists. The same stuff we put up with on a motorcycle you also have to put up with on a bicycle. As far as riding on the road ... I pay taxes the same as you do, and the law says I can't ride on the sidewalk. Yeah we ride abreast sometimes ... do you know why? If you don't "claim" the road all the idiot bicycle haters will run your *** over - I've had cars AND motorcycles get close enough to me that I could feel their mirrors on my arm. We are supposed to stop at stop signs the same as motor vehicles, but again sometimes if you stop a car pulls up right next to you instead of behind you like they are supposed to do ... or if they do get behind you they get pissed off that you can't take off at 20 mph like they can. Don't like getting tailgated on a motorcycle - try it on a bicycle. As far as "blocking" ... yeah it's done on large bike rides the same as it's done for poker runs on motorcycles ... you can guess why. If you like the freedom to have your motorcycle even though people don't like em then cut the bicyclists some slack you can't have it both ways. Think about it.
Actually, you don't pay taxes same as me. Most road monies come from gas taxes which you do not pay. You also don't pay property taxes, registration, or inspection fees. I always give plenty of room when passing a bicycle but what really pi$$es me off is when they pass the whole line of traffic at the next light and you have to wait to pass again.

Old 03-23-2009, 11:49 AM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by mcrider1
In NC, we have many leather clad ( matching outfits, no less) bikers riding 2 abreast in their "Tour de Pirate" weekly bar hopping rides. These belligerent idiots ride two abreast in both lanes of four lane highways at 55 mph and screw with traffic.
I had to pass between two HD's on Hwy 24 outside of Woodland Park last summer. These two idiots were riding side by side taking up both lanes and backing up traffic forever. I finally worked my way to the front of the backup and saw what was going on. I positioned my bright lights in the rearview of the guy in the left lane but he still would not move. So, I just split them and moved on.
Could this have been you? Probably not, since I wasn't in Northern Co.
Is the law such that the lh lane is for passing only? In some locales its not and whether you like it or not, if they are driving legally, there's nothing you can or should do about it. Sure its a pita, but so are alot of other things., like splitting lanes or riders like that. And whether its a passing only lane or not, you were the azz, putting many peoples lives at risk pulling such a juvenile stunt. Too bad a LEO didn't see it and give you a fat ticket.

Bicyclists do not pay road taxes to ride their rigs on the roads. Like I said, make them get a bicycling license, endorsement on their operators license, license their bicycle, and let them be subject to the same laws as the rest of us. Minimum and maximum speeds, turn signals, right of ways, etc. Here we have some pretty abrupt hills and curves on roads with 55 mph speed limits. I have been driving the speed limit, come up over a hill only to find a bicyclists riding in the middle of the road (near the centerline) doing like 15 or 20 mph. He is one lucky sob that I managed to swerve and miss him as well as kept from going off the road, because if I had I would have beat his azz bloody.

Last edited by glideridemike; 03-23-2009 at 11:54 AM.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:08 PM
humbuster
Tourer

Enjoy your wedgie, tough guy.

Old 03-23-2009, 12:09 PM
JerryGarcia4295
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Ratster
I wasn't trying or suggesting to take away anything from anyone. I was merely pointing out fact. At least what you say about the loud bikes (I assume Harleys) and the ones that rip down residential streets at 60 mph ( I assume you mean rice rockets) are indeed fact. I accept that. I was merely pointing out that they are azzoles, like me. Difference is, I accept fact. Yes my bike is loud, and I am an azzole. The bicyclists here on the otherhand, choose to ignore the fact they are azzoles and the resourses that many of us other taxpayers voted down to pay for, but they went ahead and built for them anyway. So, are we clear now?
Ok you talked me into it ... you are an azzole ... and bicyclists who don't have common courtesy are as well ... we agree.

Old 03-23-2009, 12:13 PM
Ratster
Elite HDF Member

Ok you talked me into it ... you are an azzole ... and bicyclists who don't have common courtesy are as well ... we agree.
Fair enough! Can't wait to try out my short shots on you know who!

Old 03-23-2009, 12:13 PM
JerryGarcia4295
Cruiser

Originally Posted by glideridemike
Is the law such that the lh lane is for passing only? In some locales its not and whether you like it or not, if they are driving legally, there's nothing you can or should do about it. Sure its a pita, but so are alot of other things., like splitting lanes or riders like that. And whether its a passing only lane or not, you were the azz, putting many peoples lives at risk pulling such a juvenile stunt. Too bad a LEO didn't see it and give you a fat ticket.

Bicyclists do not pay road taxes to ride their rigs on the roads. Like I said, make them get a bicycling license, endorsement on their operators license, license their bicycle, and let them be subject to the same laws as the rest of us. Minimum and maximum speeds, turn signals, right of ways, etc. Here we have some pretty abrupt hills and curves on roads with 55 mph speed limits. I have been driving the speed limit, come up over a hill only to find a bicyclists riding in the middle of the road (near the centerline) doing like 15 or 20 mph. He is one lucky sob that I managed to swerve and miss him as well as kept from going off the road, because if I had I would have beat his azz bloody.
ok ... if you really wanna go down that path ... skewls are mostly paid for w/ property tax ... if someone doesn't have kids then they don't have to pay it. I'm all for registering bicycles like you say ... then you have to stay behind me until it's safe to pass, I can ride right in the middle of the road like a car and no one can say a damn thing - is that what you want?. Truckers pay more to use the road, so motorcycles take a back seat. Oh and if you want to register bicycles then let's make sure motorcycles never have anything other than stock exhaust ... and let's mandate full face helmets and full leathers for all riders ... be careful how much you hate another person's hobby if you don't want the same respect in return.

Last edited by JerryGarcia4295; 03-23-2009 at 12:18 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:21 PM
JerryGarcia4295
Cruiser

Originally Posted by humbuster
Enjoy your wedgie, tough guy.
You don't get wedgies from those shorts ... it's part of the reason for wearing them ... no one thinks they are attractive ... they are part of the gear like boots for motorcycling.

Quick Reply: Warning New Threat : Drunk Bicyclists