General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tail of the Dragon

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 12:21 AM
doc_cj
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mcrider1
The road was clear yesterday.
I have a question that might get under the skin of some folks here, but I'll ask it anyway. Why do cruiser riders want to go to The Dragon?
Last time I was on the Dragon it seemed the Tree of Shame had a LOT more sportbike parts on it than anything else.

So I guess the answer is ... we like to see squids go down.

Old 03-24-2009, 03:05 AM
7/11 The Crapshooter
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Harley Joe
You "fast" guys have gotta consider - this is a state maintained road in both TN and NC. I ride this road frequently and have always moved over to let the sportbikes pass me...but they better have both wheels on the ground when they come by me. I get really pissed when that smoke by me on the rear wheel.
No they don't. They don't have to consider the speed limit, the number of people they may endanger or for that matter anything else. All they have to consider is how fast they can make it from point A to point B. If you get really pissed that's to bad, get out of the way and there wouldn't be a problem. It's not like you didn't know the bullet bikes would be there and if you moved over to let them pass then you created you're own problem.

I own a sportbike and want nothing to do with the dragon. I can find any number of places to have fun without all the hassles or people to go along with them.

Old 03-24-2009, 06:24 AM
roadking1893
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those of you who feels US Old Bagger riders should move over for those who rides the fast movers my thought on that is pay my 30K a year tax then I'll sit on the side of the road wishing I can ride one. NOOOOOOOOOOT. Since your goal is to make a good time going through it do so going around us just treat the baggers like another curb, then you can show how good you really are on your bike. Since most I've witnessed can't, just stay the H##L back there till you can go around safely. +1 on the sport bikes riders who save their money and buys a 10K plastic toy and thinks he/she can ride them just to be a stastically number on every safety report the highway patrol publish. Why should we accommodate your fun by attempting to pull over where at times it is not posible.

I ride the Dragon because I can and will ride it with or without the sport bikes and If I am on there you feel you need to kiss my rear tire to let me know I need to pull over so you can express your stupidity on my expense. I ride a 07 Pacific Blue RKC. If I am in front of you and you have that attitude just hope I am having a good day or I take my custom pipes and add them to your bike WITH YOU IT. PUBLIC ROADS MORON. That'S like me telling every domestic cars out there to move over because the 400+hp BMW I drive can out run them. TAKE IT TO THE TRACK WHERE THE PROFESSIONL TAKE THERES AND MAYBE YOU WILL LEARN SOMETHING.

Old 03-24-2009, 06:37 AM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 503 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatboy
Has anyone been this year? If so, is the law heavy yet?
Keep an eye on Killboy.com they post weekly information about the level of activity. After you've riden the dragon a few times it gets old... between the flatlanders creeping along way below the limit, and the racer-wannbes thinking it their private playground. if you want to go... head there Tuesday through Thursday, between 9 AM and noon. You'll have the road to yourself, and Killboy or Zeefoto will take your picture. There are better roads, both for sport bikes, AND for cruisers. US-129 just has had a better publicity dept ie all.

Where are there better roads you ask??? LOLOL get yourself a good map, and figure them out for yourself... they're "better" because there's less traffic

Old 03-24-2009, 11:47 AM
RockyTopRider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Check your ego before you put a helmet on here. If I'm faster it is nice for people to pull over or wave me by. I let them know I'm behind them. If they choose to pull over great, if not I'll just turn around, or pull over myself.. The fast people will be by you before you know it w/o taking away you line.