General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

David Mann fans... Or, readers of ER mag...

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 03:46 PM
Eyeball Kid
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 358 Likes on 253 Posts
Default David Mann fans... Or, readers of ER mag...

http://easyriders.com/

Not sure if you have seen this yet or not. A search told me no...

But, anyway... Go to Easyriders.com and there is a link on the main page to click if you're a DM fan, and would like to see more of his work in the magazine in the future.

OK, I know nobody likes that magazine anymore... It's for RUBs... They are sellouts... Ect...

But, ya know ya dig Davids work. I'd like to see more of his work.

Old 03-22-2009, 03:53 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

yea Me to!!
there was a special limited edition book made with all his prints, not so long ago,,I wished I ordered it,

Old 03-22-2009, 04:43 PM
wescoot2
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Old 03-22-2009, 04:53 PM
Softtail Deluxe
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always liked David Manns work ,and I still like EasyRider magazine . Here's something cool http://home.att.net/~knucklehead-47/dmann.htm Opps , looks like I was slow on the draw . Kevin Sorry wescoot2

Old 03-22-2009, 06:05 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 03-22-2009, 06:26 PM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

What REALLY sux, is the "Original" vid, that was FULL SCREEN, has been deleted. It was originally posted on here by an old member, Rogue. I emailed him, just heard back this morn. Unfortunately, he does not have a link for or to the 'original', which aired in 07.

A li'l David Mann trivia for ya'll.

He was a founding member of the El Forastero MC, in Kansas City, in the 60's. A 1% club, originally based out of Iowa. They are STILL around, and carry a presence here in Mn. We were just at their Spring bash, last Saturday, in Mpls.

The scoots and ppl he painted, were REAL scoots built and ridden by REAL ppl, the members of the EFMC.
He did some work for Big Daddy Roth in the 60's and 70's. He got the 'job' at ER because he responded to a small ad in the back of ER, looking for a motorcycle artist.
IF you have the time, and initiative, study his paintings. His 'trade mark' is NO VALVE STEMS, and IF you study closely, you will realize, that EVERY motor, in EVERY scooter he paints, has exactly the correct number of fins. The wheels have the right number of spokes. He had to. IF he didn't, ppl, like you and me, would 'pick apart' his paintings in ER, and write him and tell him, he "F"ed up.

Last edited by Da Gumpmeister; 03-23-2009 at 06:32 AM.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:03 PM
GONZEE
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by wescoot2
thanks for the link, spent a good hour there.lol...

Old 03-22-2009, 09:09 PM
GONZEE
Outstanding HDF Member
Smile

Originally Posted by da gumpmeister
what really sux, is the "original" vid, that was full screen, has been deleted. It was originally posted on here by an old member, rogue. I emailed him, just heard back this morn. Unfortunately, he does not have a link for or to the 'original', which aired in 07.

A li'l david mann trivia for ya'll.

He was a founding member of the el forastero mc, in kansas city, in the 60's. A 1% club, originally based out of iowa. They are still around, and carry a presence here in mn. We were just at their spring bash, last saturday, in mpls.

The scoots and ppl he painted, were real scoots built and ridden by real ppl, the members of the elmc.
He did some work for big daddy roth in the 60's and 70's. He got the 'job' at er because he responded to a small ad in the back of er, looking for a motorcycle artist.
If you have the time, and initiative, study his paintings. His 'trade mark' is no valve stems, and if you study closely, you will realize, that every motor, in every scooter he paints, has exactly the correct number of fins. The wheels have the right number of spokes. He had to. If he didn't, ppl, like you and me, would 'pick apart' his paintings in er, and write him and tell him, he "f"ed up.
gump we will meet up with each other somwhere down the road i need to buy you a beverage and pic your brain

Old 03-23-2009, 05:25 AM
llbigbird
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by GONZEE
gump we will meet up with each other somwhere down the road i need to buy you a beverage and pic your brain
From what I read on these forums it is gonna take a while. Gump seems to have a wealth of knowledge

Old 03-23-2009, 11:12 AM
Nomad X
Road Warrior

David Mann was the man!

Quick Reply: David Mann fans... Or, readers of ER mag...