General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All you need is the download, SERT will be overkill

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006 | 04:59 PM
lapisblue
|
Tourer
Default All you need is the download, SERT will be overkill

a

Old 04-28-2006 | 05:47 PM
NMAC
Advanced
Default RE: All you need is the download, SERT will be overkill

I had the screaming eagle pipes, air cleaner, and download done before I picked up my bike, so I can't compare it to stock. I get some popping on decel, but it's not bad. It doesn't bother me. The throttle response is great. I would agree that the SERT is a better option, but a much more expensive one too. If I get any motor work done, I'll go with a SERT or Power Commander then for more precise tuning. I'm happy with the download for now though.

Old 04-28-2006 | 05:52 PM
lapisblue
|
Tourer

How about when downshifting? 4th to 3rd , if you rev mine just a little when the clutch is pulled while down shifting there is no response at all. I have to crank the throttle 3 times to get it to rev in between gears.

Old 04-28-2006 | 06:01 PM
w4egv
Cruiser

which injecters do you have.....

Old 04-28-2006 | 06:04 PM
lapisblue
|
Tourer

8 degree, but the service guy says a change to the 25's will only solve the cold start issue

Old 04-28-2006 | 06:13 PM
w4egv
Cruiser

When I changed to the 25 degree the decel popping stoped. So In my case it worked out and I'm running the same pipes and AC.. Either way glad you got fixed up.....

Old 04-28-2006 | 08:23 PM
oldfartjc
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: lapisblue

They squeezed me in today for my 1000 mile service. Had my SE pipes and breather installed and went ahead with the HD race download. Service guy said "all you need is the download, SERT will be overkill".....After all, my service guy knows more than the people on this forum , right? WRONG! On the 30 mile trip back from the dealer the thing is popping like fire crackers on deceleration and the throttle response is horrible. Looks like I should have listened to the people on here....Cost me $119.96 after my 20% discount! Live and learn they say.
That's why I went with the SERT and Stage 1 and Exhaust before I left the dealer the day I bought the bike. Why waste the money on a download and then buy a SERT when you can use that money toward the purchase of a SERT. The SERT with your 20% off would have cost you less then $250 extra. I had the 25° injectors installed right after the bulletin came out and it fixed my cold start problem. The dealer had already tweaked the new map he loaded with my SERT which got rid of the popping and coughing a week and half before he installed the 25° injectors. I had my 1K service done yesterday for a cost of $325, what did yours cost you?

Old 04-28-2006 | 08:38 PM
lapisblue
|
Tourer

My 1000 mile service was free with the new bike purchase. They gave me 20 % on any accessories and two free T-shirts also.

Old 04-28-2006 | 08:42 PM
lapisblue
|
Tourer

"Why waste the money on a download and then buy a SERT " Well, I'll tell ya why, because my HD service technician that has been working for HD for 25 years said to get the download..............Hmmmmmmmmm!!

Old 04-28-2006 | 09:39 PM
Shovelhead Bob
Outstanding HDF Member

I am just curious, which part # did they install?

I have only had that happen once, and it was due to a Tech at another dealer installing the wrong ECM Flash....

Installed the Legal, when it should have been the Race Flash...

Quick Reply: All you need is the download, SERT will be overkill