General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody here know Big Willie and the Int. Brotherhood of Street Racers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 12:20 PM
Lucky Scott
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody here know Big Willie and the Int. Brotherhood of Street Racers?

Lots of Harley guys are part of, or used to be part of the group. I do an online TV show and Big Willie will be our guest on the live show tonight.
If anybody knows Big Willie, they know he will be a good guest.
Here is the official press release.

Speed Scene Live TV is proud to have one of the legends of West coast drag racing on the show tonight. Big Willie Robinson, from the International Brotherhood of Street Racers and Brotherhood Raceway at Terminal Island.
He will be live and in person on the show.

If you havent seen Speed Scene Live TV in a while, check it out.
Its all new, and improved with better cameras, better streaming capacities and new stuff.

Of Course, its still hosted by drag racers, its still totally free and you dont even have to sign up or register, and the lovely DianaMite is still the best looking one on the show!

Check us out anytime on the archives page of www.SpeedSceneRacing.com or join us for the live show every Tuesday night at 6:00 to 7:00 Pacific time.

Old 03-17-2009, 01:18 PM
yankeeflyer72
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don`t know him personally but I remember him from the late 60`s/early 70`s. Saw him in a large Mall parking lot. don`t remember the name, where he and his guys gathered on Saturday nights for drags... Been a long time ago. I don`t think I`m mistaken about the location...

Old 03-17-2009, 03:08 PM
OldArmy
Outstanding HDF Member

Damn, does that bring back memories. Huge guy, imposing. Can't remember now but wasn't he driving a Charger (Hemi?) at the time?

Old 03-17-2009, 04:47 PM
Lucky Scott
Cruiser

Yep, thats him. He drove a Dodge Daytona with a big superbird wing in the back. In fact, he had one and his late wife Tomika had one.
I did a google search and found out Big Willie sold his for $250,000.00

Old 03-17-2009, 05:12 PM
OldArmy
Outstanding HDF Member

Arms crossed with the vest on! A god of street racing back when giants walked the earth (literally in his case)! Big cubes, AV gas, cubic inches, high compression pistons, radical cams, valves like dinner plates, traction bars, Cragars and shaved down L series Mickey Thompsons! Yeah baby!

I know that a lot of these small displacement clown cars do everything better than we did back then but...it just ain't the same. Kinda like the difference between a 'Busa and a Harley.

69 Camaro RS 350. Torker, double pumper, Jardine, G70-14's on Corvette wheels, B&M valve body---Yeah baby!

Thanks for bringing this back to life!

Originally Posted by Lucky Scott
Yep, thats him. He drove a Dodge Daytona with a big superbird wing in the back. In fact, he had one and his late wife Tomika had one.
I did a google search and found out Big Willie sold his for $250,000.00

Old 03-17-2009, 07:35 PM
Lucky Scott
Cruiser

Live show in 25 minutes at SpeedSceneRacing.com
See Big Willie on camera.

Old 03-17-2009, 09:54 PM
skullhead
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Since we're talking vintage drag racers. Jungle Jim was my fav as a young fella. I used to live right by Raceway Park Englishtown NJ.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tom-margie/3099738774/

Old 03-17-2009, 11:33 PM
7/11 The Crapshooter
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Lets see if we are talking about the same guy here. This guy is like the size of a house and African American right? If so, I saw him one time at a race that went off between a 55 Chevy and a very built Dodge Dart behind what used to be Ontario Speedway, which was the sister to the Indy track. When he pulled up he was the passenger in a mini truck and I couldn't believe he fit in there. Later, as things went he was part of an eighth mile track down on Terminal Island, which was next to a MotoX track I used to visit from time to time. I think it was called Brotherhood Raceway. I can't believe he's still around......

Old 03-18-2009, 06:05 AM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Their Hemi powered "Valiant".

Old 06-21-2010, 08:32 PM
dogsandcats7
Stage I
Default Big Willie and Tomika

A blast from the past. My son just posted pics from some closed track racing, I hope! A memory flashed from way back when. Street Racing in Van Nuys and Pomona! I remember being only 15 or 16 and out late at night with my aunt and uncle and going street racing! It was so much fun. I remember meeting Big Willie and Tomika, and that Charger. I think the best thing about it was, they all made sure that the kids were safe! It was so awesome. Now, at 57, I miss those days. By the by. Somewhere along the path to adulthood I lost my "COLORS", nickname- "AVAILABLE". If they suface, would love to know. Any info, or updates, would like hear about. Got to love the 60's.
Thanks
Teri