General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Neighbors who do not like motorcycles.

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 10:15 AM
Phlsphyguy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Neighbors who do not like motorcycles.

My GF and I each have a Harley and I also have a Vespa Scooter (no flames, please .) We do not live together, but I store the Harleys at her place when I do not ride for a length of time (snow, severe weather, etc..) and she keeps hers at her place. She rides to and from work and for leisure. I have Rush slip-ons with 2" baffles on each and they are not loud, just a mellow sound...

The neighbor, King Charles, I call him that since he thinks he is king of the neighborhood, doesn't like motorcycles, esp. Harleys. He even boasts that if he sees a MC rider riding fast or doing something he doesn't like, he is going to "run him off the road and when he is laying there bleeding he is going to say: did that hurt? and then hit the accelerator and drive away"

He is a real anus and accosts my GF when I am not around. She is hearing impaired and he badgers her to get rid of the motorcycles or threatens when he hears them he is calling the police and having her arrested. HE NEVER approaches me, since he knows I will tell him where to go. It is to the point of harrassment and I am thinking of taking legal steps to ensure our rights. He also walks into her house (unlawful entry) and does not have permission to do so. This guy also shoots groundhogs in the housing development aiming towards a school, a soccer field and a nursing home in the background (which is only about 200' away). This is not a rural setting, BTW.

I learned yesterday that he used to be a cop about 10-15 years ago..and that says it all for me..a control freak spoiled little boy who gets his rocks off by telling everyone how he wants things and can't play nice with the other children...

ANyone else have similar problems?

Old 03-17-2009, 10:21 AM
Mordrapheus
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

and have you taken steps yet?

the only prob I see is that he might get preferential treatment by the cops for having been a cop...I really just do not like the sound of him entering your GFs place like that and shooting in the general direction of kids.

So far i have always been lucky that my neighbors have tolerated my purring bike

Old 03-17-2009, 10:25 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Phlsphyguy
The neighbor, King Charles, I call him that since he thinks he is king of the neighborhood, doesn't like motorcycles, esp. Harleys. He even boasts that if he sees a MC rider riding fast or doing something he doesn't like, he is going to "run him off the road and when he is laying there bleeding he is going to say: did that hurt? and then hit the accelerator and drive away"

I learned yesterday that he used to be a cop about 10-15 years ago..and that says it all for me..a control freak spoiled little boy who gets his rocks off by telling everyone how he wants things and can't play nice with the other children...

ANyone else have similar problems?

you are alot nicer than i am... i woudl ****** up that ***** by his NECK if he said somethign like that to me about running people off the road if he was givng my lady ****... GOD HELP HIM... cop or no cop he should know when to be a man and when to shut his *** up... i payed for my house, i own it... i will ride and do what i want on my property, granted i shut down comign down the road cause my scoots are all LOUD, i do that to be nice to my neighbors, who all like me very much (i am the guy that has all the tools)
i am getting pissed here just hearing about this ***! call the police department and tell them you are scared for your girls safety, the KING has threatend to run her off the road... i bet his hole attitude changes... or you can do what i would do make him uncomfortable to the point where he packs up and gets the hell out of my life...
being a cop does not mean ****! that was just a job... I was a fireman does that mean that if there is a fire my house is going to be on the top of the list... HELL NO... just cause he was a cop does not mean ****!

Old 03-17-2009, 10:36 AM
TwiggyAZ
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've never had anyone say anything about our bikes. We don't have loud pipes.

And if anyone acted that way around me and mine, I would call the law and hope that he was not buds with that law, cuz you know, they stick together!!

If they were buds, and they all hated my bike, I'd move. It's easier than going through years of bullcrap!

Some people on the planet don't get that they are not alone, and it's NOT all theirs.

Old 03-17-2009, 10:38 AM
tima
Elite HDF Member

Something tells me his fellow LEO's sent him packing with that attitude. Yup, I'd be on the phone to 911 the first time he walks in the house, shoots a ground hog, especially in a populated neighborhood. Thank God I don't know anyone close to this *****.

Old 03-17-2009, 10:40 AM
06DEUCE
Road Captain

I had neighbors like that, I buried them in the back yard!

ALL YOU NEED IS A 45 & SHOVEL

Old 03-17-2009, 10:44 AM
Mordrapheus
Road Warrior

LOL just remembered what my cousin did, he just went and bought the house and property his neighbor lived in/on (they were having trouble with the neighbors 2 pitbulls who were agressive towards my cousins kids) and then politely asked him to leave lol

you could try that approach hehe

Old 03-17-2009, 10:46 AM
bigmikaele
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

x2 on what Joe said. I would call the cops just on his walking in your GF's house alone. And then I am sure there is something about discharging a firearm within city limits. I would call on that too. If he wants to be a *****, fine, but as soon as he starts breaking the law and threatening the safety of others, he's crossed the line and you need to call the cops.
Come in my house and see what happens, I don't care if you "used to be a cop". If I didn't invite you, you don't have a reason to be there (warrant, etc.), your taking your life in your hands...

Old 03-17-2009, 10:50 AM
Tinkermc
Outstanding HDF Member

it is a public road and you pay more taxes than him with 2 four wheelers and 2 bikes, tell him being a retired LEO gives him the same rights as any one else and his opinion is just that and he has the right to keep it to himself. I am a retired LEO and have never had such a problem.

Old 03-17-2009, 10:53 AM
Apex Rider
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Phlsphyguy
. He also walks into her house (unlawful entry) and does not have permission to do so.

Anyone else have similar problems?

He has *****. That would get him shot with no questions asked in Texas.
Might check your State laws.

Quick Reply: Neighbors who do not like motorcycles.