General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Neighbors who do not like motorcycles.

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 04:12 PM
Jon H
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In case any of you did not notice, this person has only 10 posts

Old 03-17-2009, 04:55 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Airborne06
Heed the sound advice of BikerGirl40. DO NOT confront him physically, this is a mistake that could end badly. DO call the police now, and let them know he has entered your girlfriend's house without permission. Frankly, I'm surprised you haven't called the police already on this one issue alone. There must be more to this story, as this defies logic given the circumstances. How do you know he used to be a LEO? And what if he was? It appears this and the other information about him is purely speculative. I can tell you for a fact that the police cannot and will not do anything about him discharging a firearm in the city limits, or shooting critters without evidence. Even entering your girlfriend's residence is hearsay.
It's important to be smart here. You must document, document, document. You MUST begin the documentation process by alerting the authorities and giving them your side of the issue NOW! Again, without evidence, everything is hearsay.
Ask the police to speak with him, and request a copy of their report. Talk to the neighbors, but NEVER confide in any of them that you will (or want to) kick his ***, shoot him, etc. Communicating a threat, (even tangential intent in casual conversation), could come back to haunt you in a court of law.
So what if you can beat his ***? And then what? What size prison jumpsuit do you wear? I fight in an MMA league (old fart division) and am also the league medical director, and I constantly hear alot of smack talk from some of the younger fighters about how they are going to do this and that...but the bottom line is this: OUTSIDE THE RING, the minute you lay hands on the guy, you're going to jail, unless you can PROVE it was in self defense. BTW...it's hard to prove without witnesses that aren't your buddies. Please don't follow your baser instincts or the advice of some on this board to kick his ***, get a bunch of friends together to teach him a lesson, etc. Be smarter than that.
If you have had past verbal confrontations with him, told everyone how you would love to kick his ***, and then confront him, well, your credibility is diminished significantly, and a good lawyer will make mincemeat out of you in court. Don't become this guy's retirement plan!
Do this properly. Of course, if he enters your house or your girlfriend's house again without permission, all bets are off, and he does so at his own peril. You have a legal and moral right to defend yourself and your home. Caution however...this dude owns at least one firearm, and has shown he isn't scared to pull the trigger. Don't let him bait you. Be smart. Stay alert, stay alive.
Just my unsolicited $.02
That's exactly what I was gettting at ... DON'T LET HIM BATE YOU! He is manipulating the situation and if he is successful ... he wins a court case and a nice little settlement .. You, on the otherhand go directly to jail, and your GF has to work extra shifts just to pay your legal fees!

This is not an intelligent method of dealing with a troublemaker ... not when you set him up to win and you lose ... Clearly! Makes YOU feel good maybe, because that just seems to be what satisfies the urge to bop someone ... Just bopping the crap out of 'em ... Nonetheless ... That is not a win win situation ... more like Lose Lose!

Then again ... I am a girl ... We feminine females use wit and stragedy to get our way ... You guys ... well, at least some of you guys ... would rather do it the hard way. My hubby is no different ... He and I often disagree on how to handle a bad situation. He's more of a firecracker than I.

If this was me and my hubby .... I would just think of the end result ... That would be my driving force. I kinda like having him around, for me, for my kids, for our family life....I don't want our lives to be complicated because of some dumass neighbour pushing my hubby's buttons to the point of no return. It would kill me to see him sitting pretty whilst my man is sitting in jail because of his bullheadedness.

Having a record like that, restricts EVERYTHING you want to do ... We love to travel...and if we couldn't enjoy life as we know it now or even just simply cross the border to travel into the U.S. because of a criminal record ... I would kick HIS ***!

Last edited by bikergirl40; 03-17-2009 at 05:16 PM.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:07 PM
57RebelRocker
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

fortunately my nearest nieghbor also is a rider

Old 03-17-2009, 05:33 PM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this gonna end up being a movie on Lifetime?

Old 03-17-2009, 05:35 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

or ... on Desperate Housewives! Whoooo Hooo! ... I love that show!

Old 03-17-2009, 06:17 PM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Get a restraining order.

Be sure to articulate that he tresspasses in her home, verbally accosts her frequently and she is in fear for her safety. That will fix him good.

Old 03-17-2009, 06:22 PM
Geezer2
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Shoot the dick!!!!!!

Old 03-17-2009, 06:26 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,357 Likes on 2,536 Posts

Originally Posted by Phlsphyguy
He also walks into her house (unlawful entry) and does not have permission to do so.
and she hasn't shot him yet? "but officers, i didn't know who it was, and i was in fear for my life"

Old 03-17-2009, 06:44 PM
karz10
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

# 1 lock your doors every time, even when home, then he'd have to literally break in if he wanted to enter, I don't understand how the doors are not locked and he's just walking in ???

# 2 as others have said, document incidents, call police, that way if the SHTF, you'll have a history as being the 'victim'

# 3 for a single gal especially, not a bad idea to have some sort of cheap surveillance, esp w/ a weird neighbor, great evidence if needed, a camera pointing most likely directions w/ audio might show his behavior to the right people at the right time

# 4 if incidents persist, and you've documented your case, you may be able to get a restraining order, or get him put away, depending on what he does

# 5 basically, while others have said it's a good idea not to confront the individual physically, because he may retaliate against you directly, or the gf when you're not around (based on stated previous behavior), likewise, if you report him to the authorities and they come check on the situation, that can be as bad as confronting him physically. Aside from the law being on your side, physically, he may decide to retaliate anyway, he may threaten or commit assault w/ a weapon, maybe a firearm. Therefore, if you intend to take any action whatsoever, you better be prepared to defend yourself and the gf needs to be prepared to defend herself when you're not around. This means situational awareness, hand to hand defense skills, and ability and willingness to defend one self w/ a firearm if need be.

If you choose to skip straight to step 5, then you risk having to prove your case in court. However, if you've done the other things first, chances are in your favor that you won't be charged, or you'd win. Maybe the bully will back down if reported and called out, but it may only escalate things. I've heard a lot of stories how a person had a restraining order against them, but that didn't stop them from hurting or killing their target, so in the end, it's your responsibility to defend yourself, but try to play by the rules.

Good luck.

Old 03-17-2009, 07:07 PM
Xcrossbow
Stellar HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 177 Posts

If all else fails unfortunately this might be the only alternative.

Quick Reply: Neighbors who do not like motorcycles.