General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Neighbors who do not like motorcycles.

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 02:25 PM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 62 Posts

Any one walking into my house uninvited would be having a little chat with my Ruger!

Old 03-17-2009, 02:27 PM
EDZ82FXR
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wait, you're in PA somewhere? LoL im down for the BBQ Idea and getting a whole bunch of us to come by the house to have strength in numbers LoL..all in all do what u gotta do to get it settled, takes a bigger man to actually stay away from fighting and what not, unless you have too..I had this happen to me at bowling last night, when the guy was drunk and clearly knew i could of wrecked him or his friends at any time

Old 03-17-2009, 02:34 PM
wiredwilly
Tourer

You step in my house unannounced and you will get shot, and if you try and carjack me, same ending.
First, I would confront him and let him know that what he is doing is unacceptible. If that dont work, invite him over to the GF house for a beer then beat the **** out of him or ....

Old 03-17-2009, 02:44 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Those who have psychological problems don't intimidate well. All you'll do is add fuel to his instability. Threatening someone only works if they are mentally able to understand the consequences. You guys simply don't know what you're dealing with here. How do you know this is not just your typical cowardly idiot...who would benefit from a good old fashioned **** kick'n. This guy could be a psycho or at least about ready to bloom into one!

Then who knows where it will end. You'd take the chance of a prison term just to get the last word in? That'll sure show him!

Your families will have to deal with all that goes with that scenario ... And this is a satisifactory ending, how?

Last edited by bikergirl40; 03-17-2009 at 02:47 PM.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:50 PM
Biker Oma
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This guy is a few brick short of a load. Protect your woman, and yourself: document every detail; share your concerns with her neighbours and arrange a neighbourhood watch with them; protect her from the 'knock and walk' idiot: she doesn't hear that knock or call-out he will SAY he is doing, LOCK the DOORS.
You only get so many warnings, be legal, proactive, and safe.

Old 03-17-2009, 03:05 PM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Toypuller
The way you wrote it sounds like he walks into her house without permission on a regular basis.

Why hasn't she or you done something already?

Is there more to the story?

Neighbor, friend, relative, nobody comes into my house without knocking.
I have to agree about the guy coming into her home at will, almost seems something is missing in this story? Like said if someone comes into my home without knocking, not good at all, also as Joe said if that was my GF, this guy would already be taken care of to my satisfaction not his.

Old 03-17-2009, 03:17 PM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bikergirl40
Those who have psychological problems don't intimidate well. All you'll do is add fuel to his instability. Threatening someone only works if they are mentally able to understand the consequences. You guys simply don't know what you're dealing with here. How do you know this is not just your typical cowardly idiot...who would benefit from a good old fashioned **** kick'n. This guy could be a psycho or at least about ready to bloom into one!

Then who knows where it will end. You'd take the chance of a prison term just to get the last word in? That'll sure show him!

Your families will have to deal with all that goes with that scenario ... And this is a satisifactory ending, how?
BikerGirl there's just some things in life that have to be taken care of in a way that stops the problem pronto, most folks try the civil way to start with, but at some point there's some things you just take care of by any means neccesary, I'm not talking a threat, just actions.

Don't need a lecture on what could happen, nobody messes with my family or my property without repercussion, if I go to jail so be it.

Old 03-17-2009, 03:32 PM
amike
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Phlsphyguy
My GF and I each have a Harley and I also have a Vespa Scooter (no flames, please .) We do not live together, but I store the Harleys at her place when I do not ride for a length of time (snow, severe weather, etc..) and she keeps hers at her place. She rides to and from work and for leisure. I have Rush slip-ons with 2" baffles on each and they are not loud, just a mellow sound...

The neighbor, King Charles, I call him that since he thinks he is king of the neighborhood, doesn't like motorcycles, esp. Harleys. He even boasts that if he sees a MC rider riding fast or doing something he doesn't like, he is going to "run him off the road and when he is laying there bleeding he is going to say: did that hurt? and then hit the accelerator and drive away"

He is a real anus and accosts my GF when I am not around. She is hearing impaired and he badgers her to get rid of the motorcycles or threatens when he hears them he is calling the police and having her arrested. HE NEVER approaches me, since he knows I will tell him where to go. It is to the point of harrassment and I am thinking of taking legal steps to ensure our rights. He also walks into her house (unlawful entry) and does not have permission to do so. This guy also shoots groundhogs in the housing development aiming towards a school, a soccer field and a nursing home in the background (which is only about 200' away). This is not a rural setting, BTW.

I learned yesterday that he used to be a cop about 10-15 years ago..and that says it all for me..a control freak spoiled little boy who gets his rocks off by telling everyone how he wants things and can't play nice with the other children...

ANyone else have similar problems?
He may walk in on his own, but he would need help leaving.

Old 03-17-2009, 03:38 PM
Airborne06
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Heed the sound advice of BikerGirl40. DO NOT confront him physically, this is a mistake that could end badly. DO call the police now, and let them know he has entered your girlfriend's house without permission. Frankly, I'm surprised you haven't called the police already on this one issue alone. There must be more to this story, as this defies logic given the circumstances. How do you know he used to be a LEO? And what if he was? It appears this and the other information about him is purely speculative. I can tell you for a fact that the police cannot and will not do anything about him discharging a firearm in the city limits, or shooting critters without evidence. Even entering your girlfriend's residence is hearsay.
It's important to be smart here. You must document, document, document. You MUST begin the documentation process by alerting the authorities and giving them your side of the issue NOW! Again, without evidence, everything is hearsay.
Ask the police to speak with him, and request a copy of their report. Talk to the neighbors, but NEVER confide in any of them that you will (or want to) kick his ***, shoot him, etc. Communicating a threat, (even tangential intent in casual conversation), could come back to haunt you in a court of law.
So what if you can beat his ***? And then what? What size prison jumpsuit do you wear? I fight in an MMA league (old fart division) and am also the league medical director, and I constantly hear alot of smack talk from some of the younger fighters about how they are going to do this and that...but the bottom line is this: OUTSIDE THE RING, the minute you lay hands on the guy, you're going to jail, unless you can PROVE it was in self defense. BTW...it's hard to prove without witnesses that aren't your buddies. Please don't follow your baser instincts or the advice of some on this board to kick his ***, get a bunch of friends together to teach him a lesson, etc. Be smarter than that.
If you have had past verbal confrontations with him, told everyone how you would love to kick his ***, and then confront him, well, your credibility is diminished significantly, and a good lawyer will make mincemeat out of you in court. Don't become this guy's retirement plan!
Do this properly. Of course, if he enters your house or your girlfriend's house again without permission, all bets are off, and he does so at his own peril. You have a legal and moral right to defend yourself and your home. Caution however...this dude owns at least one firearm, and has shown he isn't scared to pull the trigger. Don't let him bait you. Be smart. Stay alert, stay alive.
Just my unsolicited $.02

Old 03-17-2009, 03:50 PM
NFFN
Banned

My opinion

Quick Reply: Neighbors who do not like motorcycles.