General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Neighbors who do not like motorcycles.

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 12:48 PM
Slaps
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Phlsphyguy
Thanks for the input! Right now, although I want to do something I can't mention here, I am playing it cool and planning my next step. Since he is an ex LEO in the town where he lives, I doubt going to the police will do anything. I have to step up a notch and contact the local magistrate to see if I can file harassment charges. Furthermore, I know that PA State Fish & Game officers have more arrest powers than the local police and I am going to pursue something with them for his unlawful hunting, discharging a weapon in a safety zone (within 150 yards of a dwelling) and possibly other offenses.

I don't want to do something that he can use against us, so I am treading very carefully.
Call PETA on him .

Old 03-17-2009, 12:50 PM
Bluzmn59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hdstreetglide08
If they came in your house uninvited in TX the rule is, shoot first and then ask questions if they are still breathing.
In GA, it is shoot first, and if they are still breathing, shoot again.

Old 03-17-2009, 12:50 PM
kromdom
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow! your case reminds me of the movie LAKE TERRACE starring Samuel Jackson. thought that crap only happened in the movies??

Old 03-17-2009, 12:54 PM
georgiabiker
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I get compaints from the idiot city folks who moved to the country and expect it to be nice and city like. Idiot builder shouldn't have build a subdivison across the road from my 9 acres in the middle of nowhere any way.

The police get called often about the Harley (1200 Custom with Short Shots) and because I shoot a lot behind my house. Cops don't bother about the shooting anymore since I am legal, but have warned me to be quiet on the Harley while on the blacktop.

A lot of complaints stopped when last deer season I started parking my tractor with a deer hanging from the 3-point boom in my pasture beside the subdivision entrance and used it to skin and dress deer.

Old 03-17-2009, 01:28 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Something tells me if he 'used to be' a cop ... that he 'used to be' a cop for a reason (emphasis on the past tense). I wouldn't be so quick to assume that the cops wouldn't side with you. YOU have done nothing wrong. Although, the police don't particuarily care to get involved with neighbour disputes until they turn ugly...It might be a good idea to just ease them into this and feel out your options. They may very well know this guy, and already know exactly how much of a trouble maker he is. He may not get ANY preferential treatment at all.

This guy has a definite attitude problem .. and has probably doesn't have the skills required to interact with others ... so he plays the big mouth jackazz. I'm sure others have already had plenty of opportunities to 'educate' the man on proper etiquette. Guys like this often get their noses poked. He may be a little thick, regretfully, and has still not 'got it' ... Guys like THAT learn who they can intimidate and who they can't. Cowards usually have a very keen sense of self preservation.

Having said that, you definately need to record all these goings on. Call the police and ask for advise. If he threatens you or your gf (even indirectly)...make sure to record it, and mention it when you call the police. You can tell them you want this 'on the record' so if anything were to happen, they know you are not making this up on the spot.

Uttering threats is a very serious offence. Having a witness, other than yourselves will also add to your reasoning for taking action. If he is walking into her home uninvited, she can charge him with trespassing...especially, if he has already been warned. He is not to pass a threshold of even an unlocked door without permission. THAT is trespassing...especially if he is just provoking an argument or to ensue intimidation! Something should be done about that kind of behaviour ... you have no idea what this lunatic is capable of! .... (although, by his comments you mentioned, you probably have a bit of an idea (even if it's just 'talk') ... and it's not good!)

You can even have him banned from your property by the police, once and for all. (I know we all have family, friends and neighbors that can get away with this just 'popping in' and it's not a problem .... but there are laws in place that can protect you from a nosey or mischievously threatening person such as this).

If he has threatened your GF, she can and should press charges against him. Then he will not be able to have any contact with either of you ... no complaints ... no whining ... no unexpected or unwanted 'visits'...Cop or no cop ...THAT would not look good 'on his record' ... And do it before this spirals out of control!

Last edited by bikergirl40; 03-17-2009 at 01:34 PM.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:50 PM
dave95.1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by georgiabiker
A lot of complaints stopped when last deer season I started parking my tractor with a deer hanging from the 3-point boom in my pasture beside the subdivision entrance and used it to skin and dress deer.

Hahahaha - This sounds like something I would do. Right around 3:30 when mommy is bring home the little brats.

Guy can call me whatever he wants and complain all he wants, don't bother me. You walk in and threaten/harrass/intimidate my girl, you better bring the cops with you.

Old 03-17-2009, 01:57 PM
Phlsphyguy
Advanced

Originally Posted by bikergirl40
Something tells me if he 'used to be' a cop ... that he 'used to be' a cop for a reason (emphasis on the past tense).
You are correct about his being a former LEO. The rumor around the neighborhood is this:

He was off duty at his home and a young kid drove by his house at a rate of speed deemed too fast by the King. The King got into his own vehicle and chased the kid down the road, forced him off the side then pulled him out of the vehicle and proceeded to choke him. I think it was soon after that he was asked to resign.

I have been searching online to find the story, but none exists, probably due to the fact it was 10-15 years ago.

Whenever I am around he goes and hides in his house and won't confront me-he only picks on my GF. This indicates to me that he is a coward and a liar since he had stated that none of the neighbors are happy about motorcycles being in the neighborhood. He went so far as to complain about a friend of ours who owns a BMW cycle and is so quiet you can't even hear him coming down the street. We asked the neighbors about the bikes and they think it is very cool that we have them. One neighbor even wanted to learn how to ride my Vespa.

Old 03-17-2009, 02:00 PM
georgiabiker
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your GF needs a pistol and the ex-cop needs a beatdown. No way would I want someone dangerous like that around my old lady.

Old 03-17-2009, 02:05 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

What are you waiting for? Call the cops. Have a restraining order put on him for entering your GF house, and take him out for an attitude adjustment session. Doesn't have to get physical necessarily unless he pushes the issue. Let him know that he'll never hear the bullet that puts him 6 feet under, and that it can come at any time and any place. Never to be associated with you... Make sure it's just the two of you, and then smile and say, "Hope this doesn't have to come to that"..... Watch the change in attitude. And if no change, well, you make the call......Louisville slugger shown above may adjust things.....

Old 03-17-2009, 02:11 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Phlsphyguy
You are correct about his being a former LEO. The rumor around the neighborhood is this:

He was off duty at his home and a young kid drove by his house at a rate of speed deemed too fast by the King. The King got into his own vehicle and chased the kid down the road, forced him off the side then pulled him out of the vehicle and proceeded to choke him. I think it was soon after that he was asked to resign.

I have been searching online to find the story, but none exists, probably due to the fact it was 10-15 years ago.

Whenever I am around he goes and hides in his house and won't confront me-he only picks on my GF. This indicates to me that he is a coward and a liar since he had stated that none of the neighbors are happy about motorcycles being in the neighborhood. He went so far as to complain about a friend of ours who owns a BMW cycle and is so quiet you can't even hear him coming down the street. We asked the neighbors about the bikes and they think it is very cool that we have them. One neighbor even wanted to learn how to ride my Vespa.
Don't EVER take the word of a person like this as gospel. People with this kind of mindset will often use that kind of 'ammunition' ... even if it is completely bogus, Your best line of defense is to talk to the neighbours yourselves ... And ask them what they think. THAT would be a neighbourly thing to do. Making friends with your neighbours will benefit you 10 fold! Besides, if they had legitimate complaints themselves, you would have heard it from them by now ... I would lay odds that they want nothing to do with this goomer either.

And please ... don't think for one minute that confronting this guy in a physical manner (like many have suggested) will solve this problem. You're dealing with someone with some serious psychological issues. He got booted off the police force for it...He has training with weapons and is probably one rejection away from being spotted on a roof top with a rifle. Be careful ... you are not dealing with a rational person here.

Last edited by bikergirl40; 03-17-2009 at 02:18 PM.

Quick Reply: Neighbors who do not like motorcycles.