General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Neighbors who do not like motorcycles.

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 02:05 PM
Juve996
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Phlsphyguy
We are going to go after work today...I have my business to run and she has work, so we have to wait until after business hours. Honestly, I don't know what to expect.
WOW, what a friking nightmare. I'm sorry you have to deal with this cr@p. Although I posted a rather violent solution earlier, I truly hope this guy gets what he deserves legally. This is like something out of a Alfred Hitchcock movie.

Old 03-18-2009, 02:48 PM
sparky1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If this S.O.B. walked into my house,he'd have to be carried out,Ex-cop or not.
If you don't want to use force,document everything and call the cops,if the local cops don't wanna do anything involve the state police,document it and call "911"every time this happens.Just my opinion.

Old 03-18-2009, 07:49 PM
Gus Kreft
2nd Gear

I had a neghibor like that.Final straw, he wanted me arrested for setting off firecrackers on July 4th.Next morning I went down to the cop shop and told them the next time that he bugged my daughter or me, I was gonna knock down the wooden fence and shove it up his *** sideways.They took a report on him and told me the next time he did anything to call thim, that **** ant never said a word to me again and he moved less that a year later, things are great now!!

Old 03-18-2009, 07:58 PM
Phlsphyguy
Advanced

The conclusion...so far...

We went to the local PD and were greeted by a motorcycle patrolman. At first I thought he would be a bit more sympathetic than a non riding LEO. There were several cycles in the parking lot of the officers on duty, BTW. The cycle LEO was not very..well..nice at first. He told us that since it had been a few months since the king made the threat about running a cyclist off the road, there wasn't much he could do and since I was the only witness it turns into he said this and he said that...Ok understandable.
He wasn't really concerned about the discharging of firearms in the neighborhood since the king only shoots the groundhogs during the Summer and some time has elapsed since the last incident-basically, he has to be caught in the act. The officer then wanted to know why we didn't (or she) report it when the shooting occurred...my GF said she didn't want to get involved and that she is intimidated by the king. Overall, the first officer turned out to be OK and he said that even if they get a call about a loud cycle, they don't have decible meters and really could not make a citation stick in court. I totally understood his line of questioning and then he handed us off to another officer who took the report.

This officer was completely different..personable, professional and willing to listen fully. I guess it was their version of "good cop/bad cop" He took the information down and said that he will go to the king's house and have a "chat" with him. He reitterated that whenever the king discharges a firearm we should immediately call the PD.

Shortly after we got home the officer showed up and was in the king's house for about 20 mins. He then called me and said that we should not have anymore problems. About 10 mins after that the king knocks on the door and returns a key my GF had givcen him many years ago...she forgot she had done so. He left and said "I'm done" like a spoiled little brat/bully that didn't get his way. I am sure he told tthe officer that I am some anus or something to make me look bad. Whatever!

So, we shall see what happens. I have a feeling that he will be calling the PD or the township for anything he perceives my GF to be doing wrong with her property or whatever. It is strange how everyone in the neighborhood is afraid of this guy and no one has ever done anything like what we just did. He is a big bully that needed to be taught a lesson.

Old 03-18-2009, 09:43 PM
SeniorChief56
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 17,542 Likes on 5,081 Posts

We went to the local PD and were greeted by a motorcycle patrolman. At first I thought he would be a bit more sympathetic than a non riding LEO. There were several cycles in the parking lot of the officers on duty, BTW. The cycle LEO was not very..well..nice at first. He told us that since it had been a few months since the king made the threat about running a cyclist off the road, there wasn't much he could do and since I was the only witness it turns into he said this and he said that...Ok understandable.
He wasn't really concerned about the discharging of firearms in the neighborhood since the king only shoots the groundhogs during the Summer and some time has elapsed since the last incident-basically, he has to be caught in the act. The officer then wanted to know why we didn't (or she) report it when the shooting occurred...my GF said she didn't want to get involved and that she is intimidated by the king. Overall, the first officer turned out to be OK and he said that even if they get a call about a loud cycle, they don't have decible meters and really could not make a citation stick in court. I totally understood his line of questioning and then he handed us off to another officer who took the report.

This officer was completely different..personable, professional and willing to listen fully. I guess it was their version of "good cop/bad cop" He took the information down and said that he will go to the king's house and have a "chat" with him. He reitterated that whenever the king discharges a firearm we should immediately call the PD.

Shortly after we got home the officer showed up and was in the king's house for about 20 mins. He then called me and said that we should not have anymore problems. About 10 mins after that the king knocks on the door and returns a key my GF had givcen him many years ago...she forgot she had done so. He left and said "I'm done" like a spoiled little brat/bully that didn't get his way. I am sure he told tthe officer that I am some anus or something to make me look bad. Whatever!

So, we shall see what happens. I have a feeling that he will be calling the PD or the township for anything he perceives my GF to be doing wrong with her property or whatever. It is strange how everyone in the neighborhood is afraid of this guy and no one has ever done anything like what we just did. He is a big bully that needed to be taught a lesson.
your GF gave him a key?? UTOH. sounds phishy

Old 03-18-2009, 09:52 PM
Airborne06
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Your girlfriend gave him a key "many years ago" and forgot about it?! This changes the situation somewhat, and creates many more questions than answers. I won't give you any unsolicited "guy to guy" advice based on the little I know about this situation in depth, so...in the now infamous words of the King..."I'm done".

Old 03-18-2009, 09:58 PM
Biker Oma
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Neighbours share keys all the time. And forget about them. Glad you have your concerns documented with the locals pd, now you wait and see.
Meanwhile, go down to your local hardware and get new tumblers in the house locks, and get new keys, because there is the off chance there is yet another duplicate key out there.
Hope this all works out for you and your girl now.

Old 03-18-2009, 09:59 PM
Jon H
Road Master

This is better than any book or movie you can rent.
Keep reporting back to tell us what is going on.
Ya, I hope this all works out for you and your girl friend.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:04 PM
donr101395
Extreme HDF Member
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Biker Oma
Neighbours share keys all the time.
Don't know where this is, but at 42 I've never given a key to my neighbor for anything.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:13 PM
weezo
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is the pig roast still on??

Quick Reply: Neighbors who do not like motorcycles.