General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Dealer T-Shirt Prices

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 11:47 PM
mrmarklin
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 45 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Mcathcart
I walked into a Brand New H-D Dealership this weekend in N.C. and found their standard (to me) short sleeve T's to be priced at a whopping $24.00 to $28.00. In my opinion this is High As He!!. The shirt is advertisement (again, my opinion). Wholesale cost on a good Haynes shirt was $1.30 to $1.70 (white or colors) in a case of 144. Add the cost of screening at $3.00 to roughly $5.00 printed (according to artwork and number of colors). I honestly can't bring myself to pay Freaking $28.00 for a darn T-Shirt. Being a business owner, if you're proudly going to wear my dealership name on the back of your shirt, I'd gladly cut you some slack on the price. (No I didn't look to see if the shirts were made in Taiwan or China.)

I'm up to 4 different dealerships now that I've walked into looking at bikes and not one person has asked, "Hi. Are you in the market for a new scooter"? I'm betting the profits on clothing and accessories is more than what new bikes and service make at dealerships.

I can see you have never been to a European Harley dealership. In Britain they start a 25 pounds ($1.6 or 7 to the pound) Or 40-50 $$ and in Germany they're about 30-35 Euros ($1.3 for each Euro) 40-50$$. It was good to get back to the good ol' USA.

Last edited by mrmarklin; 03-18-2009 at 12:03 AM.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:53 PM
mrmarklin
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 45 Posts
Cool

[QUOTE=BIMC Stinger;4717033]I dont see the big deal here!

Yes I know you can buy the same hanes shirt in a 3pack at walmart for $8.

Actually you can't. Wally doesn't carry the same quality shirt that's in the Harley shops. It may look the same, but as was said in a previous post, the color thickness and sewing quality is just not the same.

Old 03-18-2009, 12:27 AM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Da Gumpmeister
NO PROB, let me make the 60th post here on this page, and it will roll onto 'another one'.
BTW, I have 20 posts selected per page, SO I AM CALLING BS on your post, it is ONLY 3 pages of tee shirts, NOT 6. BWahahaha

Give 'em H*LL, Tejas !!!!!!!

Well now I'll hafta go see if I can change my setting. But golly, it sounds more impressive saying I read six pages rather than a measly three.

I still think I'll get another tee shirt. Of course I'll have to take at least an out of state ride to get it. I think the last HD shirt that I bought cost me about $1200 (I had to pick it up at Sturgis).

Old 03-18-2009, 12:45 AM
msankey
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is an Idea:

Get your camera. Go take pictures of all the t-shirts you like at the dealer. When asked by a manager, say "this is an outrage" and run out. Buy cheap hanes shirts. Have them printed. Sell one to me. If you charge too much I'll start a thread complaining about your shirt prices.

Old 03-19-2009, 04:01 AM
RexBuck
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK - here's the solution. I'm down in Perth Australia right now visiting my daughter and new grand daughter. Went to the Harley store today and all of the t-shirts are A$20 - that's under US$14. So, if you want a cheap t-shirt, fly down to Perth and pick a few up.

Old 03-19-2009, 12:43 PM
frankjake
Road Master

Damm is you don't think $28 to $30 is too high for a tee shirt, all I can say is you have more money than brains.

And all of Harley's shirts are not the same quality. Each dealer orders some or all of their shirts from their own supplier. Very few tee shirts come from the moco. So one dealer might be buying high qualilty shirts while another isn't. Each Harley shirt I have is a different brand and different quality, Doesn't matter that it has the Harley lable or not. This is what the owner of my local dealer told me.

Funny that some of you don't mind paying too much for a tee shirt but you whine about gas going up 10 cents.

And I admit, I do buy the tee shirts right along with everyone else, but they are over priced.

Last edited by frankjake; 03-20-2009 at 01:58 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:02 PM
bigaluk
Cruiser

i usually pick up a dealer t shirt as a souvenier from places i've been. usa, canada, europe. i know the prices are high but so is the quality, i'm lucky and can live and work in t shirts all year. some of which are well over 10 years old and still have decent colours and shape, if a little snug fitting now. $30-40 for a shirt thats going to last that long is good value i think.

Old 03-19-2009, 04:22 PM
scooter_trash_1
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Heh listen guys, yes the prices at some dealers are higher than others, dont buy there..I personally have been to 86 different dearships and no I do not buy at every one. I collect so to speak the dealer shirts that are dealer specific logos on the back and will not pay over thirty dollars no matter how much I like it..Most of mine come from the clearance racks for 20 or less, this really tees off my girlfriend cause she rarley finds bargains, talk about outragous prices (womens clothes) I simply wont spend my hard earned money on them. She wants them she buys them. There is nothin about this love affair we have with this brand that is not expensive...Bottom line...Scooter

Old 03-19-2009, 06:37 PM
jwlehman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would imagine the licensing fee and cost per sale is pretty steep for HD licensed products. I once worked for a company and did the research for licensing products with collegiate logos, and they were pretty high. The fee included an up front charge and a percentage of each sale.

I do think that the MOCO has went overboard in allowing products with questionable quality be licensed.

Old 03-19-2009, 06:49 PM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 33 Posts

Pretty typical for most t-shirts I've seen. I went through a phase where I bought several HD t-shirts. Now I couldn't care any less what I'm wearing. As far as the advertisement on the back is concerend, I think people who buy t-shirts from all across the country when on different trips see it as letting people know where you've been/visited. When I was in Maui, I bought a t-shirt from there...just had to have it.

Quick Reply: Harley Dealer T-Shirt Prices