General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Dealer T-Shirt Prices

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 04:19 PM
Fastfwd
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree with the dead horse post…LOL

Sure the t-shirts are overpriced…..so are concert t-shirts. I wear a lot of t-shirts though and the Harley t-shirts are generally pretty cool shirts. I’ve got a load of them. I’m just not the kind of person to go around wearing a plain blank Hanes t-shirt. To each their own I suppose.

As far as the price goes – you’ve got to consider the design of the shirts too. Some of them suck, but they come up with some cool ones too. There have to be a team of people coming up with these designs that have families to feed.

Old 03-17-2009, 04:22 PM
jimmything
Stellar HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ky_ace
Dealer cost on standard T-Shirts is right around $11.50 and whatever they charge is a markup. There are only a few approved retailers and producers for the authorized shirts.

BM
I bet the poor bastard who made it China probably got a bowl of rice out of it.

Old 03-17-2009, 04:29 PM
AZ Rider
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm betting the profits on clothing and accessories is more than what new bikes and service make at dealerships
Total profit? Not even close. Sales from t-shirts and general merchandise earns only 5-7% of the total profit each year.

Percentage wise, a t-shirt can make more profit per item than, say, a motorcycle. But overall, general merchandise sales revenue totals about $250+ million. Total revenue from motorcycles is $4-4.5 BILLION.

Before this economic calamity, Harley was making almost $1 billion in annual profit. Motorcycle sales are far and away the biggest profit maker for Harley Davidson.

Old 03-17-2009, 04:59 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If I saw a HD shirt I wanted badly enough, I would pay the price. so far, I haven't, but my wife found me a bad *** skull shirt at Walmart that looks better than anything Harely offers and it's not 100% cotton so it will not shrink. Cost $5. Sometimes you just gotta shop around.

Old 03-17-2009, 05:18 PM
HD7585
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Just don't buy them.........Works for me

Old 03-17-2009, 06:00 PM
deadman77
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Eyeball Kid
You think they are too much, then dont buy.

Eyeball, that right there is FUNNNY!!

MikeM

Old 03-17-2009, 06:20 PM
David The Hutt
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i refuse to buy clothing at HD dealer. they have some cool stuff, but the the pricing manager must be on crack. there is zero chance that i would pay $50 for a hat, pair of gloves, tshirt, belt buckle or mug (i have seen $50 or more on each of those simple items)

HD dealers are good for 2 things. Buying your bike and the weekend cookout/social stop inbetween rides. .

Old 03-17-2009, 06:37 PM
3Deffect
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I honestly don't see the big deal in what the dealer charges. I would be the first to agree that they cost too much. Certainly I don't want to pay any more than I have to for a dealer shirt or a gallon of milk. But in the end it is a choice we all make. No one makes you buy them. I have quite a few dealer shirts. Some I got on sale and some I didn't. Do I feel I got bent over? Nope. I pulled the cash out of my pocket and paid for them because I wanted them. Like a lot of others I look at them as a memento.
If you want it you might have to not smoke for a week to get one. Perhaps give up Starbucks for a few days. Pay what they ask and don't sweat it.
It is what it is.

Old 03-17-2009, 06:37 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

I only read the first page of this thread but, SIX PAGES on tee shirts, I'm impressed. I better seriously start thinking about getting another one.

Old 03-17-2009, 07:09 PM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by txfxstrider
I only read the first page of this thread but, SIX PAGES on tee shirts, I'm impressed. I better seriously start thinking about getting another one.
NO PROB, let me make the 60th post here on this page, and it will roll onto 'another one'.
BTW, I have 20 posts selected per page, SO I AM CALLING BS on your post, it is ONLY 3 pages of tee shirts, NOT 6. BWahahaha

Give 'em H*LL, Tejas !!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Harley Dealer T-Shirt Prices