General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Dealer T-Shirt Prices

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 10:34 AM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have NO IDEA how many are in the tubs. Dozens and dozens. About half, have been gifts from family and friends, as they have traveled. Some are from as far back as Sturgis '74 (I was there in '72, BUT was in NO CONDITION to think 'bout a T shirt. )
Most, have never been worn or washed.
The ones I wear 'regularly', are usually long sleeved, and are white with some form of red white and blue on them. GEE, IMAGINE that???
Some day, the kids will have a rather decent collection of some GREAT shirts from the past.
The ones they REALLY wanna git their dick skinners on, are ALL my "paka lolo" shirts, from Hawaii, in the early to mid 70's. What's paka lolo?? "Crazy Smoke", = Cannabis Da Kine, Bra !!!!
Guess it is a FULL blown 'collection'. And just like the scoots sitting in the grudge, DON'T know for sure how much $$ is tied up in it, and I DON'T WANNA KNOW.

Old 03-17-2009, 10:58 AM
Tinkermc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey man a Stealer got to make a living, and if you just buy 1 t-shirt a month he will. Be sure to get about 1,000nof your close friends to help you too.

Old 03-17-2009, 11:01 AM
raaaaaa
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't get it....!!!!
Don't buy the t-shirt........

what do you say when someone walks up to you and says your harley is to expensive! I can buy a similar bike for half the price....it is the same analogy....

Old 03-17-2009, 11:21 AM
Our07Ultra
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There should be Whinning and Complaining Section added to this forum.
I am new here and sure have seen quite abit of it. If something is too expensive...so what. Find something else. Dont bitch about it. How many people do you think are employed in the HD shirt business??? Printers, suppliers, ink, machinery real estate ect. the list goes on...
Just be lucky you have the freedom to walk into a HD shop and look at what America is made of. Free Enterprise!

Old 03-17-2009, 12:20 PM
scootertramp
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love to pay Harley to advertise for them! Just can't bring myself to buy one when they used to give em away just for being a customer! "F" that!

Old 03-17-2009, 12:33 PM
skullhead
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Mcathcart
I walked into a Brand New H-D Dealership this weekend in N.C. and found their standard (to me) short sleeve T's to be priced at a whopping $24.00 to $28.00. In my opinion this is High As He!!. The shirt is advertisement (again, my opinion). Wholesale cost on a good Haynes shirt was $1.30 to $1.70 (white or colors) in a case of 144. Add the cost of screening at $3.00 to roughly $5.00 printed (according to artwork and number of colors). I honestly can't bring myself to pay Freaking $28.00 for a darn T-Shirt. Being a business owner, if you're proudly going to wear my dealership name on the back of your shirt, I'd gladly cut you some slack on the price. (No I didn't look to see if the shirts were made in Taiwan or China.)

I'm up to 4 different dealerships now that I've walked into looking at bikes and not one person has asked, "Hi. Are you in the market for a new scooter"? I'm betting the profits on clothing and accessories is more than what new bikes and service make at dealerships.

Old 03-17-2009, 01:34 PM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by skullhead

ZING !!!!!

Old 03-17-2009, 02:15 PM
carpetride
Elite HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

I got a free dealer T shirt when I bought my RK.

But I lost it.

Old 03-17-2009, 02:20 PM
gongchuan
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I paid 15,000 dollars for my shirt and got a Night Train for free!

Old 03-17-2009, 03:32 PM
llbigbird
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Our07Ultra
There should be Whinning and Complaining Section added to this forum.
I am new here and sure have seen quite abit of it. If something is too expensive...so what. Find something else. Dont bitch about it. How many people do you think are employed in the HD shirt business??? Printers, suppliers, ink, machinery real estate ect. the list goes on...
Just be lucky you have the freedom to walk into a HD shop and look at what America is made of. Free Enterprise!
WOW I find it amazing how someone can not join a forum and post a OPINION and not be beat up on for it. This post here talks about being lucky you have the freedom to walk into the store to look but I guess you do not have the freedom to post about your opinions. Granted I did not read the rules word for word when I joined but I do not think it stated you could only post certain things. The titles give a clue what the posting is about. If you do not like it....DO NOT READ IT it is that simple. Don't rip into a person for it.

Quick Reply: Harley Dealer T-Shirt Prices