General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Dealer T-Shirt Prices

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 05:30 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

Heck, the Mall of America in Bloomington (MPLS) Mn has a Harley shop that sells everything Harley except bikes. People from all over the world are willing to pay big bucks to advertise for Harley.

I've got a T shirt from my dealer that only cost me $22,000.....

Old 03-16-2009, 05:38 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Old 03-16-2009, 05:48 PM
dyna105SE
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I am in a city that I don't frequent very often I'll anti up and buy a shirt for a memento for the visit to that particular city or small town

Old 03-16-2009, 06:22 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Eyeball Kid

Yep...there's lot's of things in the world other people may buy that I wouldn't spend my $$ on...but I don't go on forums for real estate, boats and airplanes and bitch about 'em...I always wonder about people who complain about something they claim they don't want...

Aesop said something about "sour grapes", and Shakespeare was suspicious of people who "protest too much"....me too....

Last edited by *NIGHT TRAIN*; 03-16-2009 at 06:30 PM.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:23 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,226 Likes on 1,841 Posts

I must admit, I have a customer that goes to Texas for the winter and when he came into the store prior to leaving I asked him to bring me back a t-shirt from Horny Toad HD. A shirt from there and wearing it up here would be worth $30 to me. Plus I highly doubt I will ever get to Horny Toad HD anytime in the foreseeable future. I don't mind the cool named HD shops and buying a shirt from them.

Old 03-16-2009, 06:36 PM
HD4DP
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Mcathcart
1st answer. Hey, it was a new shop and I didn't have to ask Mom if I could stop and look.

Well... My Roadglide is a '98 but I don't know if I could ditch her for a new one. I like the '98.

Officer we were looking for furniture for the new house and have bought from a place in Shallotte N.C. before. (No, more than a 3k trip.) I wasn't going to plug the dealership but personally like the place. It's Beach House Harley in Shallotte. This was on Sunday. I also hit the Murrell's Inlet H-D on Saturday. Shallotte has more bikes on the floor. No, I didn't buy anything in Murrell's Inlet but I did buy a few things at Beach House.
Is that the new one on 17 next to the church. My mom lives down there and said that when it opened she would stop and get me a shirt. She lives in Calabash and my sister lives down in Ocean Isle. I love it down there.

Old 03-16-2009, 06:41 PM
badinfluence63
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BobStreetBob
The prices for T-shirts are that high because HD knows there's a bunch of fools that will pay those high prices for them...they count on the fools. Plain & simple. It's a t-shirt. A damn t-shirt. You pay them to advertise thier dealership for them. I bought one t-shirt from a dealership 3 years ago for 15 bucks. All other's were given as gifts to me. I hardly wear them anymore. Anyways...stop paying the ridiculous prices and maybe they will get the idea.
Yes...I said fools...
I use to always try to pick up a shirt commemorating what ever area I have recently pillaged and plundered, I mean visited. Dealership shirt designs at times are unique to there locations. Some of my better looking shirts have come from dealerships in Halifax,NS, Buffalo, NY, Fairbanks,Alaska, Lebanon, NH, to name a few.

Old 03-16-2009, 11:33 PM
meveratt
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I buy the HD tshirts from places I visit. They're mementos, travel souveniers. Bought one this winter in Orlando when me and the missus went to Disneyworld.

I like wearing tshirts on my day off, and the HD ones look good and stay looking good better than those $1.44 Hanes shirts. Sorry if some of you guys think thats foolish, or advertising for the moco. Its my money, and heck, they go well with my chaps and fingerless gloves -- oh, and my cowboy leather vest too!

Old 03-16-2009, 11:50 PM
BIMC Stinger
Cruiser

I dont see the big deal here! $30 or less for a brand shirt is frickin cheap! Have you seen the prices on the stupid looking Affliction clothing all the wannabe bada@@es are wearing these days? Or the Abercrombie crap, or Aeropostle etc...crazy! Harley shirts seem cheap compared to what most people are paying for brand name shirts.

Yes I know you can buy the same hanes shirt in a 3pack at walmart for $8. If that's what you want, go for it. Personally I could care less since 90% of my shirt is covered by my vest anyway. If I go to a dealer out of town, I will buy maybe 1 shirt, and almost always one for my 10 year old son-especially if he isn't with me. Some people think it's too much, I say I don't have another vice to take it's place just yet....

Old 03-17-2009, 12:14 AM
rydermike
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If ya gotta whine , you prolly just can't afford it! I try to buy off the clearance racks and save bucks , but if none available or none appealing , I'll drop the dough for one that looks great. My souvinier when I travel.

Quick Reply: Harley Dealer T-Shirt Prices